My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    french link

Boris Diaw, how was your adaptation with the Spurs?

Everything went well. Things happened gradually. It's normal when you're coming during the season on a team already formed. I had to learn all the systems and get to know my teammates. I had to learn to play with them, but they had to learn to play with me too. But everything came naturally and it's getting better after each games. The city is fine. Here, there are no other major sports like football or baseball so we feel that the whole town lives with the Spurs. It's very exciting.

Your integration was really fast. You even started for the first PO game. Did you expect everything would go that fast?

It's not a really big surprise, the coach has changed the rotation since i came. There's always a lot of change in the starting 5. I didn't know which players were going to start but i was optimistic i'd start . Then again, it could change every game. The Spurs rotation depends on the opponent a lot. I'm happy but there's nothing definite, even with regard to my spot.

It looks like you're feeling more comfortable with the spurs than with the bobcats.

It's a new challenge. But in the end, it's still basketball. After adapting to SA style of play, i was able move on. In Charlotte, we were playing to win a few games whereas in SA you're playing to have the least loss. Here, the team is good enough to aim for great wins, but it's still the same thing... basketball. I'm having fun in this team, we're playing great and it fits my style of play.

How are you approaching these playoffs?

Here, everyone remember last year loss against Memphis. So we're taking the 1st round seriously. It's not because we're 1st seed that it will be easy. And i'm feeling some grudge over Memphis. The guys remember this loss and want to meet them again.

Have you chosen to stay in SA next year?

Now, nothing have been decided. We'll see if the staff will wanting me. I'd like to stay, everything's going well. But for now, we're focused on the PO. The talks haven't started, we'll have to wait the end of the PO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And i'm feeling some grudge over Memphis. The guys remember this loss and want to meet them again.
    FTG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FTG x 1000000000000

You can't fix stupid..... E-RockWill's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.

I think the "Ayes" have it.

FTG motion carries.

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First comments I've seen concerning Diaw's long term wishes. Of course what else is he going to say at this point but I hope they manage to get him signed for a couple years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Boris continues to play well, Spurs should offer him the full MLE this summer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be shocked if Parker doesn't dominate Conley. If there is one Spur that has something to prove, it would be Parker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Boris continues to play well, Spurs should offer him the full MLE this summer.

This. Re-sign Danny Green and we got summer locked up. Timmy should be a foregone conclusion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideally, I'd like the Spurs to be able to cut ties with Blair/Bonner, bring Lorbek over, re-sign Diaw, and pick up an athletic big somewhere in the 2nd round.

If Bonner can somehow nut up in the playoffs, then I'm fine with keeping him over Lorbek. Diaw seems to be a great fit here but I'm not sure the Spurs will be able to keep him.

Thread Information