Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Exactly. And he was an NFL linebacker for 20 ing years. I can't even imagine how many concussions he suffered. His brain had to be completely ed.
    what is incredibly odd is how romanowski seems to be fine so far, especially with how violent he was. he has done an impressive amount of work with neural supplements and research to do just about everything possible to ensure his brain stays in the best shape it can though.

Tankin'
    My Team
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Post Count

OT, but 5 years ago I responded to an attempted suicide where a guy put a shotgun under his chin...while he was leaning over to pull the trigger the barrel moved up on him and he ended up blowing his face off, but living. Was quite a sight.
    I've seen a do entary about a guy who did that. Both sides of his face looked like the dude from Boardwalk Empire.

The Amish Rifle Ryan Fitzpatrick's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    I've seen a do entary about a guy who did that. Both sides of his face looked like the dude from Boardwalk Empire.
    It was pretty disgusting...there were just pieces of tissue dangling, but he was the easiest intubation I ever had to do

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    Post Count
    It was pretty horrifying when Duerson did it. RIP, Junior. Unbelievable.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yup, it's barbaric to think about. What's eerie is he probably did his research to figure out what angle/location would provide the quickest death. Still, missing the mark and having to deal with that pain while waiting for your lungs to drown in your blood can't be a pleasant way to go.

OT, but 5 years ago I responded to an attempted suicide where a guy put a shotgun under his chin...while he was leaning over to pull the trigger the barrel moved up on him and he ended up blowing his face off, but living. Was quite a sight.
    I don't know how you could stomach that. I'm rather emotional, so I would be crying my eyes out. I don't think I would have been able to handle that.

P.S. I thought you were the Bills QB?

Tankin'
    My Team
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Post Count
    what is incredibly odd is how romanowski seems to be fine so far, especially with how violent he was. he has done an impressive amount of work with neural supplements and research to do just about everything possible to ensure his brain stays in the best shape it can though.
    He's getting by so far but I'm not sure I'd say he's fine. He's a crazy mother er. From what I understand, he started to notice he was losing his mind and that's when he got into nootropics and supplements for his brain like you said.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Fuuuuuuuuck, second favorite Charger behind LT. My condolences to his family. RIP Seau, you were awesome on and off the field.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Playing NFL football is so bad for you. What's the average life span of an NFL player? 50? Considering how little money most guys make it's not even worth it imo.
    being a punter would be cool

Tankin'
    My Team
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Post Count
    It was pretty disgusting...there were just pieces of tissue dangling, but he was the easiest intubation I ever had to do
    Do you just get completely jaded after seeing the things you do on a daily basis? I don't think I could handle that.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    That ing sucks. I loved Seau when he played for the Pats. Sure he was on the tail end of his career, but he was a quality player and person.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The only good part about this is that it likely means there won't be any more sympathy for Vilma and co.

At this point anyone who still doesnt understand why Goodell has put every ounce of effort possible into protecting players is never gonna understand.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Do you just get completely jaded after seeing the things you do on a daily basis? I don't think I could handle that.
    Certain suicides, bad burn patients, and all bad pediatric calls stay with you...the rest is alright.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Back when Duerson played (and for pretty much Seau's entire career), players would just get right back on the field without getting properly assessed. What's sad is that even though they've improved on this, you still have situations like Colt McCoy's last year. He was obviously concussed but they kept him on the field.

The brain is MUCH more susceptible to concussion after you've already suffered one--and playing through a concussion is basically a guaranteed ticket to some form of brain damage down the line.
    This was why I was amazed that Artest only got 7 games. NHL is leading the way in dealing with concussions.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Junior tried to kill himself before a few years ago when driving his car off a 100 foot cliff after being investigated for domestic violence with his girlfriend. although he said that he fell asleep at the wheel.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    The only good part about this is that it likely means there won't be any more sympathy for Vilma and co.

At this point anyone who still doesnt understand why Goodell has put every ounce of effort possible into protecting players is never gonna understand.
    Saints players are lucky as they got their sentences before this came out

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Saints players are lucky as they got their sentences before this came out
    No kidding. Idk if Goodell has the right to worsen their sanctions during an appeal, but if he can they should withdraw their appeals while they still can.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    RIP Mr. Seau. Prayers for his wife and children.

Post Count
    Sucks. I wonder if this is concussion related.
    Should be interesting to see, since he did request to have his brain donated (which is probably why the gunshot is to the chest rather than the head)

My Team
    Miami Dolphins
    Post Count
    Six months ago we noted that linebacker Lew Bush had died of an apparent heart attack, only six days after his 42nd birthday, making him, at the time, the seventh member of that team to die. Defensive lineman Shawn Lee died last year of a heart attack at 44. Defensive lineman Chris Mims died in 2008 of complications from having an enlarged heart at age 38. Offensive lineman Curtis Whitley died in 2008 of a drug overdose at age 39. Linebacker Doug Miller died in 1998 after he was struck by lightning, at age 28. Running back Rodney Culver died in 1996 in the crash of ValuJet Flight 592, at age 26. Linebacker David Griggs died in 1995 in a car accident at age 28.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...1994-chargers/

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    OCEANSIDE, Calif. (AP) -- Former NFL star Junior Seau was found shot to death at his home Wednesday morning in what police said appeared to be a suicide. He was 43.
    Police Chief Frank McCoy said Seau's girlfriend reported finding him unconscious with a gunshot wound to the chest and lifesaving efforts were unsuccessful. A gun was found near him, McCoy said.
    Seau's mother appeared before reporters, weeping uncontrollably.
    "I don't understand ... I'm shocked," Luisa Seau cried out.
    Her son gave no indication of a problem when she spoke to him by phone earlier this week, she said.
    "He's joking to me, he called me a `homegirl,"' she said.
    Link

His girlfriend found him. That sucks even more. Damn.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    poor mom that has to go through this...Godbless her.

Supposedly he text his kids last night that he loved them

Is there a reason he shot himself in the chest? Remember the NFL player that did the same & wrote in his note that he wanted his brain researched....concussions etc.

That's in crazy....concussions are a mother er and I get the feeling that this kinda stuff is gonna kill the NFL.

THE SPURS' GODFATHER san antonio spurs's Avatar
    Post Count
    Junior tried to kill himself before a few years ago when driving his car off a 100 foot cliff after being investigated for domestic violence with his girlfriend. although he said that he fell asleep at the wheel.
    That's exactly what I thought about when I heard about this. There was a rumor then that he was trying to kill himself but he denied it so vigorously that I don't think his family or close friends got him any help

Yes such harsh penalties for the 26 players Godel says he had the goods on.

Thread Information