Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Miami Dolphins
    Post Count
    Cops in Oceanside, CA are investigating a possible shooting involving former NFL star Junior Seau … law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We spoke with an investigator in the coroner’s office .. who told us they got a call to respond to the scene … though the details surrounding the situation are still unclear.

Cops are currently at a residence where 43-year-old Junior is believed to be staying.

People in law enforcement are telling us Junior Seau is dead … but we are unable to confirm that right now.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...f-junior-seau/

TMZ with less hedging:

NFL legend Junior Seau was found dead in his home in Oceanside, CA ... and cops are investigating a shooting ... multiple law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Cops are currently at Seau's home just outside San Diego. Seau was 43-years-old ... and leaves behind 3 kids and an ex-wife.

Seau was a beast in the NFL -- skyrocketing to fame thanks to his explosive play with the San Diego Chargers, Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots. The USC standout was selected in the first round of the NFL draft in 1990 and played in the league for 20 years.

Seau was involved in a car accident back in 2010 when he drove his SUV off a cliff in Carlsbad, CA hours after he was arrested for allegedly attacking his girlfriend. Seau later said he was not trying to kill himself ... insisting he had fallen asleep at the wheel.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/02/junior-seau-dead/

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    Suicide?

My Team
    Miami Dolphins
    Post Count
    Early reports are that this was a suicide, but has been confirmed that he is dead...RIP

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Holy ...condolences to the Seau family

TMZ says yes in developing the story:

NFL legend Junior Seau was found dead in his home in Oceanside, CA ... and a law enforcement source at the scene tells us cops believe he shot himself.

Seau was 43-years-old ... and leaves behind 3 kids and an ex-wife.

Cops are currently at Seau's home -- located in San Diego County -- and were seen talking with a man who was inside the house and appeared distraught.

We're told Seau sent text messages to his ex-wife and 3 kids yesterday saying, "Love you." We're told they all responded and didn't suspect anything was wrong. We're told he last saw his kids 3 weeks ago.

Sources close to Seau tell us family members didn't notice any signs of depression in recent weeks.

The Amish Rifle Ryan Fitzpatrick's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    damn...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Sucks. I wonder if this is concussion related.

Tankin'
    My Team
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Post Count
    Wow that's ed up.

Tankin'
    My Team
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Post Count
    Sucks. I wonder if this is concussion related.

Lots of concussions leading to brain damage leading to psychological problems leading to suicide. I wouldn't be surprised.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Is it bad that the "world wide leader in sports" doesn't have a story on this yet?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Crazy:

Seau is the eighth member of the Chargers 1994 Super Bowl team to pass.
    Link

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Holy

I was at that SB too...

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Is it bad that the "world wide leader in sports" doesn't have a story on this yet?
    tmz is generally way ahead of everyone, I believe. I have heard Oceanside is not the best place to feel great about yourself, but he did grow up there. If he did commit suicide, at least he let his kids know he loved them.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    They are saying self inflicted gun shot wound to the chest. Speculation is that he intended to do that in order preserve his brain the way Duerson did last year so it can be studied.

He also reportedly texted his family yesterday to say that he loved them.

Damn

Tankin'
    My Team
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Post Count
    Playing NFL football is so bad for you. What's the average life span of an NFL player? 50? Considering how little money most guys make it's not even worth it imo.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They are saying self inflicted gun shot wound to the chest. Speculation is that he intended to do that in order preserve his brain the way Duerson did last year so it can be studied.

He also reportedly texted his family yesterday to say that he loved them.

Damn
    holy that is awful. i can barely imagine having the guts to kill myself, but in the chest is ing brutal. you could sit there for hours in agony if you missed the mark

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Playing NFL football is so bad for you. What's the average life span of an NFL player? 50? Considering how little money most guys make it's not even worth it imo.
    Back when Duerson played (and for pretty much Seau's entire career), players would just get right back on the field without getting properly assessed. What's sad is that even though they've improved on this, you still have situations like Colt McCoy's last year. He was obviously concussed but they kept him on the field.

The brain is MUCH more susceptible to concussion after you've already suffered one--and playing through a concussion is basically a guaranteed ticket to some form of brain damage down the line.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Back when Duerson played (and for pretty much Seau's entire career), players would just get right back on the field without getting properly assessed. What's sad is that even though they've improved on this, you still have situations like Colt McCoy's last year. He was obviously concussed but they kept him on the field.

The brain is MUCH more susceptible to concussion after you've already suffered one--and playing through a concussion is basically a guaranteed ticket to some form of brain damage down the line.
    i know simms is generally seen as a pussy, and probably is, but when gruden put him back in that game where he got a ruptured spleen a few years back it was painfully obvious he was gonna be clobbered. no way that dude should have been put back in the game, none.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    damn...RIP

Tankin'
    My Team
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Post Count

Exactly. And he was an NFL linebacker for 20 ing years. I can't even imagine how many concussions he suffered. His brain had to be completely ed.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    gotdamn.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    holy that is awful. i can barely imagine having the guts to kill myself, but in the chest is ing brutal. you could sit there for hours in agony if you missed the mark
    Yup, it's barbaric to think about. What's eerie is he probably did his research to figure out what angle/location would provide the quickest death. Still, missing the mark and having to deal with that pain while waiting for your lungs to drown in your blood can't be a pleasant way to go.

OT, but 5 years ago I responded to an attempted suicide where a guy put a shotgun under his chin...while he was leaning over to pull the trigger the barrel moved up on him and he ended up blowing his face off, but living. Was quite a sight.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    I sat in the stands of games for both Duerson and Seau, enjoying the hits whose lasting effects caused each to end their life. Crazy... Sucks.

hope and change
    Post Count
    Seau was my first sports hero, along with DRob.

Thread Information