San Antonio Spurs
    I saw the exact same scene in final destination and the exploded. hollywood

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I'm pretty sure Chump lives in Austin.

And I'm pretty sure you don't.
    You could say he's a google map expert though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    I'm pretty sure Chump lives in Austin.

And I'm pretty sure you don't.
    Then it should be a simple thing for Chump to look at the pedestrian walk there, note the placement of the traffic signals, location of the bus stop, and note the seconds it takes for the light to go from green to amber, them amber to red, and from the traffic light red to the pedestrian walk.

I didn't know Chump lives in Austin, and you're right. I live in Portland, OR.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    So what you're saying is you couldn't possibly do any of these things you are saying I should do, and can't really say about this crossing you have never seen and I have actually used several times.

Sounds like something you'd say.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    So what you're saying is you couldn't possibly do any of these things you are saying I should do, and can't really say about this crossing you have never seen and I have actually used several times.

Sounds like something you'd say.
    I know the layout. I just don't know the actual timing of the lights, which makes a big difference.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I know the layout. I just don't know the actual timing of the lights, which makes a big difference.
    So you made your conclusion without actually knowing the most critical piece of information.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    You could say he's a google map expert though.

Watch out, Chump, we all know how good WC is at triangulating things!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Let's see. I live eight miles from this crosswalk.

Wild Cobra lives approximately 2050 miles from this crosswalk.

We all must defer to his expert authority here. I apologize.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    He got a ticket for running a red light.
    I know. That doesn't mean he ran it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    So you made your conclusion without actually knowing the most critical piece of information.
    I made my assumption based on knowing how the timing of lights generally is. Notice by my wording, I never indicated my thought was absolute on the bus driver doing no wrong.

I know. That doesn't mean he ran it.
    Do I say here he was innocent?
    Have you seen that intersection?
    Looks like you have. What is that crosswalk... 100 ft wide?
    Have you seen where the bus stops are vs. the lights?
    Traffic lights in the middle rather than opposing end...
    It's poor city planning.
    Would you disagree with this statement? When bus stops are placed before a stop line, they are not starting at the normally intended start when a light goes from red to green. This bus very likely dropped off and loaded passengers off, and took off as the light changed to amber. By the time the bus gets to the other side of the crosswalk, the light could have easily gone to amber and red. It appears the student ran across the street the moment the light changed. Now I don't know about laws in Texas, but in most states, once you are legally in an intersection, you have the right of way. With the light layout, the bus driver may have never seen the change of the light to amber.

Poor city planning. Bus stops should be after an intersection when possible. Not before, for this reason. Buses take time to accelerate.
    I suggest you do some research.
    Looks like you already know most. What about the timing?
    I'm pretty sure the bus driver will beat the ticket.
    "Pretty sure" indicates an opinion, doesn't it? I will acknowledge my English is not as good as average, so if that "pretty sure" means factually rather than opinion, please correct me.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I made my assumption based on knowing how the timing of lights generally is. Notice by my wording, I never indicated my thought was absolute on the bus driver doing no wrong.

Would you disagree with this statement? When bus stops are placed before a stop line, they are not starting at the normally intended start when a light goes from red to green. This bus very likely dropped off and loaded passengers off, and took off as the light changed to amber. By the time the bus gets to the other side of the crosswalk, the light could have easily gone to amber and red. It appears the student ran across the street the moment the light changed. Now I don't know about laws in Texas, but in most states, once you are legally in an intersection, you have the right of way. With the light layout, the bus driver may have never seen the change of the light to amber.

Poor city planning. Bus stops should be after an intersection when possible. Not before, for this reason. Buses take time to accelerate.

"Pretty sure" indicates an opinion, doesn't it? I will acknowledge my English is not as good as average, so if that "pretty sure" means factually rather than opinion, please correct me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    I know. That doesn't mean he ran it. Have you seen that intersection? Have you seen where the bus stops are vs. the lights? It's poor city planning.

I suggest you do some research. I'm pretty sure the bus driver will beat the ticket.
    If the guy goes when the "walk" indicator changed, the bus ran the light. He can't possibly hit a pedestrian if he goes thru on green or orange. There is a delay built in to the light programming to prevent that, since they know that pedestrians and cars are looking to go immediately.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

That's not true. The bus driver accelerated from the last stop before the light changed. He did not run a red light. He was already through the intersection, and the idiot ran across the street as soon as the walk light changed. If anyone is at fault other than the Cyril Yannick "Nick" Engmann, then it is the city planners for not having an adequate time delay between the amber and red light and walk light.
    It's best not to lie about what you said when you said it in the same thread.

You said the driver didn't run a red light and you made a judgment about the timing of the lights -- of which you knew absolutely nothing.

It's right there in very plain English.

If you want to walk back from that statement, tell us all you are doing so.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    If the guy goes when the "walk" indicator changed, the bus ran the light. He can't possibly hit a pedestrian if he goes thru on green or orange. There is a delay built in to the light programming to prevent that, since they know that pedestrians and cars are looking to go immediately.
    You can't really believe that now troll, can you?

Who's sock puppet are you anyway. I know this isn't your first account here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    It's best not to lie about what you said when you said it in the same thread.

You said the driver didn't run a red light and you made a judgment about the timing of the lights -- of which you knew absolutely nothing.

It's right there in very plain English.

If you want to walk back from that statement, tell us all you are doing so.
    I stand corrected on the initial statement. I can't know it as fact. I just know how signal lights are normally timed. I will say it is most probably the light was still green when he left the bus stop.

Did I ever tell you I used to work at the Multnomah County Electronic Shop, in Portland, OR? Though we dealt with the communications systems and vehicle radios, the people who fixed the traffic lights were in the same building. Learned a few things in conversation.

You happy?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I stand corrected on the initial statement. I can't know it as fact. I just know how signal lights are normally timed. I will say it is most probably the light was still green when he left the bus stop.

Did I ever tell you I used to work at the Multnomah County Electronic Shop, in Portland, OR? Though we dealt with the communications systems and vehicle radios, the people who fixed the traffic lights were in the same building. Learned a few things in conversation.

You happy?
    Walk back, complete with squirming and part changing braggadocio.

Yes, I am happy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Walk back, complete with squirming and part changing braggadocio.

Yes, I am happy.
    No squirming. You were correct. Is this the first time you were right about something? Why's it such a big deal for you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    No squirming. You were correct. Is this the first time you were right about something? Why's it such a big deal for you?
    Oh there was plenty of squirming.

It's not a big deal -- you asked if I was happy. Why is asking if I'm happy such a big deal to you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol you clowns going chump over a fuking crosswalk

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What a minute!! Was that bus stalking that boy?!?!??

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Has anyone determined yet if the bus driver was a republican purposely hitting Obama?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Wow WC, why would you bump this? I can't believe the argument you had here..... Christ

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

shut the up already

Thread Information