tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony parker is a heck of a post scorer :P

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should be most interested in getting an injury-free W. That's it. The other stuff about being a hot knife through butter will come if they play as a team, but it's not important for Manu to take it hard to the basket.

Once the Spurs really need that to generate offense, then..and only then...do they need strong penetration or scoring from Ginobili.

Keep the flow.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not the i and the a that are misplaced, it's the t. The Spurs have dominated the piano for years now.

Hehe, davy really tickles the ivories

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should be most interested in getting an injury-free W. That's it. The other stuff about being a hot knife through butter will come if they play as a team, but it's not important for Manu to take it hard to the basket.

Once the Spurs really need that to generate offense, then..and only then...do they need strong penetration or scoring from Ginobili.

Keep the flow.
    Yes, ideally we want to remain healthy. But health alone isn't going to win us important ball games. Ginobili needs to find his rhythm sooner rather then later. The Jazz have proven to be an easy opponent for us so why not use this series as a warm up?

His game 3 statline was impressive from his assists to turnover ratio perspective. But that isn't something that is easily reproduced, even for someone like Manu. Otherwise, as GSH pointed out, hes been sloppy with the ball.

I personally want to see Ginobili dominate game 4. It doesn't have to be scoring or penetration nor does he have to play 35+ minutes. But I want to see some sort of big contribution from him like his play making in game 3. Would be great to see him find his shot and put some points on the board.

And the whole injury thing, if you're going to play Manu then expect him to play hard. You can't really predict who gets injured in the midst of a compe ive game or series (unless maybe Artest is on the court). Don't see the point in being so fearful when its out of our control.

Thread Information