• Memphis Grizzlies

62 43.97%
  • LA Clippers

79 56.03%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers, so I can go to a game here in LA... Buying game 4 tix as soon as they advance.

Makes you say hmmm... YoMamaIsCallin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, except Durant is easily > Kobe, at this point..

The answer is the Clippers, easily..

Spurs would beat Memphis, but it would be a physical series..Clippers are a finesse team, and the Spurs could exploit all their weaknesses..
    You have posted exactly what I was going to. Agree 100%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as much as i want memphis to revenge the sweep id be lying if i said i didnt want cp3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    clippers would be the easier team to beat. i understand wanting revenge though.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis can still beat the Spurs. Clippers can't.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure if the Clippers would be easier. We didn't match up great against them in the reg season and we dominated Rudy Gay and Memphis for the most part. Not sure we aren't better equipped at this moment to make short work of the Grizz rather than the Clips

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    memphis

games might actually be on tv at a godly hour

Yeah, this would be especially nice, too, please.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think both teams are about the same difficulty level. One thing to consider is due to the matchups against the Clippers, Neal probably couldn't even play in that series. Another thing to consider is that the Jazz better prepare the Spurs to play the Grizzlies than Clippers. The Grizzlies are basically the Jazz on steroids, tbh.

It's close. I think the Clippers will be slightly easier especially if Caron Butler is broken but those teams are nearly equal.
    I think the Clippers are the tougher matchup because of CP3. He basically won game's 1 and 3 for the Clippers down the stretch. Our MVP right now is TP and CP3 is arguably better than him. That hurts our advantage at the point. We'll need Manu to step up more in a Clippers series.

El hijo del vecindario
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever. Spurs can take both of them in 6 games (as long as Manu gets his groove back)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Clippers are the tougher matchup because of CP3. He basically won game's 1 and 3 for the Clippers down the stretch. Our MVP right now is TP and CP3 is arguably better than him. That hurts our advantage at the point. We'll need Manu to step up more in a Clippers series.
    It doesn't really matter if their best player is also a PG since it's Green who defends CP3 for us and CP3 may defend TP but won't stop him. If anything Kmart defense on TP has been impressive.

The Grizz are 1000 times more dangerous than the Clips.
    Duncan : Gastrong is more dangerous on both ends than Jordan
    Diaw : Griffin is easier to defend than ZBo even not 100%
    Leonard : Butler with a broken hand or Rudy Gay ?
    Green/TP : CP3/Foye or Conley/Tony Allen
    Depth : Grizz > Clips

The only match up that is harder when playing the Clips is Green/CP3 on D which is not bad at all since TP can stay with Foye and rest, give me that any day, btw Clips have only won 2 quarters so far (which may mean that Hollins is actually pretty bad to let his team choke these games but then again Del Negro is not exactly a genius either).
    Last edited by Paranoid Pop; 05-06-2012 at 09:04 PM.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    The Clippers can finish the series faster, and we could start Sunday. It's doubtful that Memphis can win in less than 7 games, which would mean that series would FINISH a week from today and start no earlier than Tuesday. That would be a LONG fucking layoff if we close tomorrow night.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul scares me. He's one of those players, like Kobe in his prime was. You can never relax no matter how big the lead with him on the court.

Memphis doesn't have a player like that. They have a deeper team than the Clips, but no stars that will completely take over the game. And Spurs revenge factor will be high.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Chris Paul scares me. He's one of those players, like Kobe in his prime was. You can never relax no matter how big the lead with him on the court.

Memphis doesn't have a player like that. They have a deeper team than the Clips, but no stars that will completely take over the game. And Spurs revenge factor will be high.
    We beat CP3 and company twice with Parker and only lost the game where he sat out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP and CP3 is practically a wash. Aside from that the rest of the Spurs team >>> the rest of the Clippers team.

The revenge factor vs Memphis would definitely play a role in our guys getting up for every game and from what I have seen the team prefers to play Memphis just because of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clips are so mistake prone and sloppy. They aren't well coached or disciplined. They have a solid defense but their bigs aren't devastating on offense which helps. Give me the Clips

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clipps, because that is who the Spurs will be playing. Memphis is done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Teams...same time...5 v 10...we stackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkked

(srs)

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers only because that way Spurs will not have to wait long to get 2nd round going. They are on a roll and do not need excessive time off

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    memphis

games might actually be on tv at a godly hour
    My line of thinking as well... Series vs Memphis avoids 9:30 (or sometimes more like 10pm) starts... The 8:45 starts will be bad enough.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want the Grizz. PAYBACK!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Teams...same time...5 v 10...we stackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkked

(srs)

AWESOME avi you got there, BlairForce.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis! This is not the same spurs team nor Grizz team as last year... I also want the spurs to get revenge.
    Ye great logic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy - Memphis. They got payback coming. No lack of motivation there, plus they would be a great sparring partner for us in prepping for later rounds. Fuck Memphis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers, and its really not that hard. All this "revenge" talk is retarded. Teams loose in the Playoffs. They got the jump on us, get over it. You know would be the best revenge? Winning a Championship.

Clippers would not beat us in the 2nd Round of the Playoffs. That's not happening. Memphis actually can. They are much more dangerous. Are they as good as last year? No, but they still match up great with us. Marc Gasol is extremely productive on both ends of the court, and matches up very well with Timmy. Randolph, although not as good as last year, still is one of our weak points. A physical and mobile PF who can rebound like a God and can knock down the 18-footer. Gay would not be as big a problem as the frontcourt, but the dude can still score. Conley is quick as hell and they have a deep bench. They got a solid coach and they're home crowd is off the charts.

Please, screw that revenge crap and give me the Clippers. Simply put, they're not that good and we match up better with him. Blake Griffin has about as much fundamentals and post game as my left testicle. His pick-n-roll with Chris Paul will be contained and Diaw and Blair are going to rock his world. Stephen Jackson will probably get in on it too. Caron Butler is injured, their coach is crap, they play very sloppy and 99% of their team got zero Playoff experience and are not deep at all. Foye, Bledsoe and Nick Young? Are you kidding me? I'll take those guys over Conley, Allen, O.J Mayo, Arenas and the sea of playmakers Memphis has any day. The only person that we need to worry about is Chris Paul, and we've beaten him before and we got guys to throw at him. Green, Leonard and probably Manu all will get a run at him, while Tony will give him all he's got on offense. We got this. We'll be L.A.C in 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers, and its really not that hard. All this "revenge" talk is retarded. Teams loose in the Playoffs. They got the jump on us, get over it. You know would be the best revenge? Winning a Championship.

Clippers would not beat us in the 2nd Round of the Playoffs. That's not happening. Memphis actually can. They are much more dangerous. Are they as good as last year? No, but they still match up great with us. Marc Gasol is extremely productive on both ends of the court, and matches up very well with Timmy. Randolph, although not as good as last year, still is one of our weak points. A physical and mobile PF who can rebound like a God and can knock down the 18-footer. Gay would not be as big a problem as the frontcourt, but the dude can still score. Conley is quick as hell and they have a deep bench. They got a solid coach and they're home crowd is off the charts.

Please, screw that revenge crap and give me the Clippers. Simply put, they're not that good and we match up better with him. Blake Griffin has about as much fundamentals and post game as my left testicle. His pick-n-roll with Chris Paul will be contained and Diaw and Blair are going to rock his world. Stephen Jackson will probably get in on it too. Caron Butler is injured, their coach is crap, they play very sloppy and 99% of their team got zero Playoff experience and are not deep at all. Foye, Bledsoe and Nick Young? Are you kidding me? I'll take those guys over Conley, Allen, O.J Mayo, Arenas and the sea of playmakers Memphis has any day. The only person that we need to worry about is Chris Paul, and we've beaten him before and we got guys to throw at him. Green, Leonard and probably Manu all will get a run at him, while Tony will give him all he's got on offense. We got this. We'll be L.A.C in 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Revenge against Memphis would be nice, but Clippers are easier to beat ... and I only care about winning (thats why I am a Spurs fan)
    The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinson’s face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and then say, “Hey, Shaq, watch this shot right here off the glass.”

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll be L.A.C in 5.
    I presume you mean "We'll BEAT them in 5." I don't want to be the Clippers.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me the Clips. The path of lesser resistance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't underestimate the Clips and Chris Paul. Despite losing the Grizzlies last year, I think the Griz are the better matchup. Although I think the Spurs can take them both, I think the Spurs will be a little more dialed in with the Grizzlies because of last year.

This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend sandman's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers. Easier path to the WCF.

For all the people who want revenge against Memphis: We can always tell the Grizzlies fans that San Antonio has 4 rings and Memphis has none. And also that their season is over while ours is still going on. That's satisfactory enough isn't it?
    This. Revenge is bullcrap. Easiest path that keeps us healthly/fresh for the next round.

Thread Information