• Memphis Grizzlies

62 43.97%
  • LA Clippers

79 56.03%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have to choose LA but chris paul really scares me, hes just so beast, i dont know if parker would be able to keep up with him. Other than him though we can handle everyone else, Butler willl be limited with the injury and Billups is out for season. On other hand Memphis is still a very big threat, even though Gay struggled during the regular season i think he will tear us apart. either way i got spurs making it to WCF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis!!

They actually lost games to face us, and then put a beatdown on us!! I believe if we faced Memphis, the team would hang 130 on them in Game 1 just to show'em who's the boss!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I prefer Memphis. Ideally in 6 games. that way you put them away on their home turf. Nicer payback that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gotta be Memphis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers. Easier path to the WCF.

For all the people who want revenge against Memphis: We can always tell the Grizzlies fans that San Antonio has 4 rings and Memphis has none. And also that their season is over while ours is still going on. That's satisfactory enough isn't it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think both teams are about the same difficulty level. One thing to consider is due to the matchups against the Clippers, Neal probably couldn't even play in that series. Another thing to consider is that the Jazz better prepare the Spurs to play the Grizzlies than Clippers. The Grizzlies are basically the Jazz on steroids, tbh.

It's close. I think the Clippers will be slightly easier especially if Caron Butler is broken but those teams are nearly equal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the team that gives Eric Bledsoe, Nick Young, and Mo Williams important minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst for Spurs would be that the Memphis/Clippers series goes to 7 games. Aside of that it doesn't really matters.

Before that, Spurs need to win either game 4 or game 5 against Utah to enter the next round in a good shape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers, so I can go to a game here in LA... Buying game 4 tix as soon as they advance.

Makes you say hmmm... YoMamaIsCallin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, except Durant is easily > Kobe, at this point..

The answer is the Clippers, easily..

Spurs would beat Memphis, but it would be a physical series..Clippers are a finesse team, and the Spurs could exploit all their weaknesses..
    You have posted exactly what I was going to. Agree 100%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as much as i want memphis to revenge the sweep id be lying if i said i didnt want cp3

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    clippers would be the easier team to beat. i understand wanting revenge though.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis can still beat the Spurs. Clippers can't.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure if the Clippers would be easier. We didn't match up great against them in the reg season and we dominated Rudy Gay and Memphis for the most part. Not sure we aren't better equipped at this moment to make short work of the Grizz rather than the Clips

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    memphis

games might actually be on tv at a godly hour

Yeah, this would be especially nice, too, please.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think both teams are about the same difficulty level. One thing to consider is due to the matchups against the Clippers, Neal probably couldn't even play in that series. Another thing to consider is that the Jazz better prepare the Spurs to play the Grizzlies than Clippers. The Grizzlies are basically the Jazz on steroids, tbh.

It's close. I think the Clippers will be slightly easier especially if Caron Butler is broken but those teams are nearly equal.
    I think the Clippers are the tougher matchup because of CP3. He basically won game's 1 and 3 for the Clippers down the stretch. Our MVP right now is TP and CP3 is arguably better than him. That hurts our advantage at the point. We'll need Manu to step up more in a Clippers series.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Clippers are the tougher matchup because of CP3. He basically won game's 1 and 3 for the Clippers down the stretch. Our MVP right now is TP and CP3 is arguably better than him. That hurts our advantage at the point. We'll need Manu to step up more in a Clippers series.
    It doesn't really matter if their best player is also a PG since it's Green who defends CP3 for us and CP3 may defend TP but won't stop him. If anything Kmart defense on TP has been impressive.

The Grizz are 1000 times more dangerous than the Clips.
    Duncan : Gastrong is more dangerous on both ends than Jordan
    Diaw : Griffin is easier to defend than ZBo even not 100%
    Leonard : Butler with a broken hand or Rudy Gay ?
    Green/TP : CP3/Foye or Conley/Tony Allen
    Depth : Grizz > Clips

The only match up that is harder when playing the Clips is Green/CP3 on D which is not bad at all since TP can stay with Foye and rest, give me that any day, btw Clips have only won 2 quarters so far (which may mean that Hollins is actually pretty bad to let his team choke these games but then again Del Negro is not exactly a genius either).
    Last edited by Paranoid Pop; 05-06-2012 at 09:04 PM.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    The Clippers can finish the series faster, and we could start Sunday. It's doubtful that Memphis can win in less than 7 games, which would mean that series would FINISH a week from today and start no earlier than Tuesday. That would be a LONG ing layoff if we close tomorrow night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul scares me. He's one of those players, like Kobe in his prime was. You can never relax no matter how big the lead with him on the court.

Memphis doesn't have a player like that. They have a deeper team than the Clips, but no stars that will completely take over the game. And Spurs revenge factor will be high.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Chris Paul scares me. He's one of those players, like Kobe in his prime was. You can never relax no matter how big the lead with him on the court.

Memphis doesn't have a player like that. They have a deeper team than the Clips, but no stars that will completely take over the game. And Spurs revenge factor will be high.
    We beat CP3 and company twice with Parker and only lost the game where he sat out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP and CP3 is practically a wash. Aside from that the rest of the Spurs team >>> the rest of the Clippers team.

The revenge factor vs Memphis would definitely play a role in our guys getting up for every game and from what I have seen the team prefers to play Memphis just because of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clips are so mistake prone and sloppy. They aren't well coached or disciplined. They have a solid defense but their bigs aren't devastating on offense which helps. Give me the Clips

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clipps, because that is who the Spurs will be playing. Memphis is done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Teams...same time...5 v 10...we stackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkked

(srs)

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers only because that way Spurs will not have to wait long to get 2nd round going. They are on a roll and do not need excessive time off

Thread Information