79 56.03%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    memphis

games might actually be on tv at a godly hour
    My line of thinking as well... Series vs Memphis avoids 9:30 (or sometimes more like 10pm) starts... The 8:45 starts will be bad enough.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want the Grizz. PAYBACK!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Teams...same time...5 v 10...we stackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkked

(srs)

AWESOME avi you got there, BlairForce.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis! This is not the same spurs team nor Grizz team as last year... I also want the spurs to get revenge.
    Ye great logic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy - Memphis. They got payback coming. No lack of motivation there, plus they would be a great sparring partner for us in prepping for later rounds. Memphis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers, and its really not that hard. All this "revenge" talk is re ed. Teams loose in the Playoffs. They got the jump on us, get over it. You know would be the best revenge? Winning a Championship.

Clippers would not beat us in the 2nd Round of the Playoffs. That's not happening. Memphis actually can. They are much more dangerous. Are they as good as last year? No, but they still match up great with us. Marc Gasol is extremely productive on both ends of the court, and matches up very well with Timmy. Randolph, although not as good as last year, still is one of our weak points. A physical and mobile PF who can rebound like a God and can knock down the 18-footer. Gay would not be as big a problem as the frontcourt, but the dude can still score. Conley is quick as and they have a deep bench. They got a solid coach and they're home crowd is off the charts.

Please, screw that revenge crap and give me the Clippers. Simply put, they're not that good and we match up better with him. Blake Griffin has about as much fundamentals and post game as my left testicle. His pick-n-roll with Chris Paul will be contained and Diaw and Blair are going to rock his world. Stephen Jackson will probably get in on it too. Caron Butler is injured, their coach is crap, they play very sloppy and 99% of their team got zero Playoff experience and are not deep at all. Foye, Bledsoe and Nick Young? Are you kidding me? I'll take those guys over Conley, Allen, O.J Mayo, Arenas and the sea of playmakers Memphis has any day. The only person that we need to worry about is Chris Paul, and we've beaten him before and we got guys to throw at him. Green, Leonard and probably Manu all will get a run at him, while Tony will give him all he's got on offense. We got this. We'll be L.A.C in 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers, and its really not that hard. All this "revenge" talk is re ed. Teams loose in the Playoffs. They got the jump on us, get over it. You know would be the best revenge? Winning a Championship.

Clippers would not beat us in the 2nd Round of the Playoffs. That's not happening. Memphis actually can. They are much more dangerous. Are they as good as last year? No, but they still match up great with us. Marc Gasol is extremely productive on both ends of the court, and matches up very well with Timmy. Randolph, although not as good as last year, still is one of our weak points. A physical and mobile PF who can rebound like a God and can knock down the 18-footer. Gay would not be as big a problem as the frontcourt, but the dude can still score. Conley is quick as and they have a deep bench. They got a solid coach and they're home crowd is off the charts.

Please, screw that revenge crap and give me the Clippers. Simply put, they're not that good and we match up better with him. Blake Griffin has about as much fundamentals and post game as my left testicle. His pick-n-roll with Chris Paul will be contained and Diaw and Blair are going to rock his world. Stephen Jackson will probably get in on it too. Caron Butler is injured, their coach is crap, they play very sloppy and 99% of their team got zero Playoff experience and are not deep at all. Foye, Bledsoe and Nick Young? Are you kidding me? I'll take those guys over Conley, Allen, O.J Mayo, Arenas and the sea of playmakers Memphis has any day. The only person that we need to worry about is Chris Paul, and we've beaten him before and we got guys to throw at him. Green, Leonard and probably Manu all will get a run at him, while Tony will give him all he's got on offense. We got this. We'll be L.A.C in 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Revenge against Memphis would be nice, but Clippers are easier to beat ... and I only care about winning (thats why I am a Spurs fan)

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll be L.A.C in 5.
    I presume you mean "We'll BEAT them in 5." I don't want to be the Clippers.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me the Clips. The path of lesser resistance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't underestimate the Clips and Chris Paul. Despite losing the Grizzlies last year, I think the Griz are the better matchup. Although I think the Spurs can take them both, I think the Spurs will be a little more dialed in with the Grizzlies because of last year.

This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend sandman's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers. Easier path to the WCF.

For all the people who want revenge against Memphis: We can always tell the Grizzlies fans that San Antonio has 4 rings and Memphis has none. And also that their season is over while ours is still going on. That's satisfactory enough isn't it?
    This. Revenge is bullcrap. Easiest path that keeps us healthly/fresh for the next round.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be the best you have to beat the best. I don't think the Grizzlies have a chance against us. But wouldn't it be nice to put them out of the playoffs and exorcise last year's demons? It's not that they are less dangerous than last year, it is that we are much more dangerous and talk about motivated? It would be almost as good as sweeping the Mavs!!! As good as our team is, and with a healthy Manu and Timmy Memphis wants none of this.

Spurs vs. Grizzlies - Spurs in 5
    Spurs vs. Clippers - Spurs in 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random thought about the Clippers: To begin games, the Spurs can have Danny Green defend CP3 and TP2 defend Foye. That would work to San Antonio's advantage because the Clippers will be forced to keep CP3 on Parker. In fact, the Spurs could keep Parker on LA's shooting guard pretty much the entire game since all the Clippers SGs are small and/or perimeter oriented.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see advantages both ways but definitely want Memphis. Not only for revenge, but if there is a possiblity of B2B's? Memphis is a much shorter travel than LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clips have a higher ceiling but we're guaranteed to have troubles with Memphis... it's a tough pick really, but with a gun to my head, I'd have to pick Clipshow. We have plenty of defenders to throw at CP3 and Blake is showing he's just not ready to be a go-to guy in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers are the easier matchup by far so I'd rather play them.

But the thought of an all Los Angeles WCF would be awfully enticing for the Commissioner.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't underestimate the Clips and Chris Paul. Despite losing the Grizzlies last year, I think the Griz are the better matchup. Although I think the Spurs can take them both, I think the Spurs will be a little more dialed in with the Grizzlies because of last year.
    Respectfully disagree. Paul is a stud, but even with Paul the Clippers can still be counted on to go into prolonged stretches of playing stupid basketball. Kenyon Martin will start jacking up jump shots, Blake Griffin will burn 15 seconds of shot clock trying to figure out how to make a spin move dunk 18 feet away from the rim, plus they are a gawd awful free throw shooting team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I really care about right now is the game start times.

*groans @ late ass LA games* FFS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at the revenge talk. I was perfectly fine with the Spurs avoiding Dallas in 2007 and would be perfectly fine avoiding a defense-based Memphis team. Spurs like to run anyway, and the Clips would play right into that pace.

Cocaine's a helluva drug timtonymanurich's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis for the REVENGE.

LA for the path of least resistance.

I'm impartial, really. Spurs will beat either of them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is an advantage in playing the clippers in the second round.
    If the lakers bet okc, at least we will have some practice playing in the same building...
    Clippers are an easier team to beat... Although Memphis would be a good way to see how our addition of Diaw, and Splitter playing more minutes looks like against a big team...

Thread Information