Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't able to watch the game cause I woke up late but I saw a very interesting stat on the box score. Bonner had 15 minutes to Kawhi's 14, what's up with that? Is Kawhi hurt? Did he do something to get him to the doghouse? Pretty shocked he didn't play much when Hayward goes for 33 minutes (albeit shooting like )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawahi struggled offensively Jack was bagging shots. It's that simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    being passive on offense cost him minutes, didnt get any open looks tonight, but he shouldve force more ISOs against the ty jazz wing defenders....yet he stands still...umm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP says they weren't able to watch the game. Don't have to be a
    That's not being a , it's just saying there's no complex or nebulous reason why KL sat most of the game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Missed a wide open 3 early, wasn't really crashing the boards

Pop has to be careful with he and Green, if the moment is a bit too big for them, he needs to go to SJax earlier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright cool, good to hear he isn't hurt. Thanks guys. Fwiw, I think maybe the crowd got a bit into him? Maybe that's why he was a bit passive. I wouldn't know I didn't watch the game but thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stak5 made love to the pressure on Leonard didn't. Lmmfao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jax. That simple. When the Spurs are going 11 deep outside of garbage time there are not going to be many players with high volume minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jax. That simple. When the Spurs are going 11 deep outside of garbage time there are not going to be many players with high volume minutes.
    This. When Green and Jax are read hot, plus Manu is assisting like a beast, you give them the majority of the minutes. I wonder what Pop would do if all 4 players were beasting, try some small ball? As long as Splitter played C I'd be fine with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP says they weren't able to watch the game. Don't have to be a
    Forum police. Sweet.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green showed a of a lot tonight. First real road action of his playoffs career, in Utah of all places where that team doesn't lose much at home, and he played like a beast. Impressive show by Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what Pop would do if all 4 players were beasting
    Play Patty Mills because it's a blowout

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the spurs depth, if kawhi isn't playing well jax can step in, green for neal, splitter for diaw etc! Every night the spurs have someone different that can step up and be a difference maker.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard started the second half more aggressively and was hitting the boards harder, but I understand going with Jackson, he was having a good game all around.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play Patty Mills because it's a blowout
    ^ this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad to see this thread, I wanted to start one myself, but he's just a rookie on a team loaded with a bunch of veterans, plus Dan Green is obviously the better 3 shooter, so I've resigned myself to having KL's minutes cut in the playoffs. I actually expected it.

But being a hometown fan, it really bugs me that if KL doesn't hit his first two shots while doing what's expected of him, that is to sit at the wing and wait for a pass, he's going to be pulled and when TP misses 3 or 4 in a row with a couple of TO's he's not going to get pulled.

So is the quandary for KL. KL's game is rebounding, but he sits at the wing. I heard people say he could be the next Rodman, but did Rodman sit out at the wing all game. I don't think so. How is this going to change?

I don't know if KL's offensive game will ever be what we hope, but I do know he could be another Rodman and more. His dribling skills are light years more than Rodman ever had.

In Pops scheme the only way KL will thrive is to improve his driving skills, if he just relies on the 3, his minutes will keep shrinking, he'll need to work on getting open with a quick jumper and be consistent at that. It pains me to see him get the ball at the point only to hold the ball while looking for someone to pass it to. He needs to start dribbling around to find an opening. To with giving it up to Parker, Parker never gives it up to him. Anyway he's a hard enough worker, he'll work it out.
    Last edited by AztecSpur; 05-06-2012 at 12:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expected this thread after a loss, tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad to see this thread, I wanted to start one myself, but he's just a rookie on at team loaded with bunch of veterans, plus Dan Green is obviously the better 3 shooter, so I've resigned myself to having KL's minutes cut in the playoffs. I actually expected it.

But being a hometown fan, it really bugs me that if KL doesn't hit his first two shots while doing what's expected of him, that is to sit at the wing and wait for a pass, he's going to be pulled and when TP misses 3 or 4 in a row with a couple TO's he's not going to get pulled.
    TP is the only one without a great backup tho, plus he earned the longer leash, a long time ago in the NBA finals Pop pulled Parker for speedy Claxon. You're saying it like TP didn't have to earn it the hard way. Kawhi earned his starting spot, first rookie to start for the Spurs in the playoffs since... Tony Parker, that's good enough I think for now, especially when you have SJax on the bench, tell you how highly Pop thinks of him. SJax deserves get some time too.

So is the quandary for KL. KL's game is rebounding, but he sits at the wing. I heard say he could be the next Rodman, but did Rodman sit out at the wing all game. I don't think so. How is this going to change?
    We're not an offensive rebounding team anyway, it's more about defensive rebounds.

I don't know if KL's offensive game will ever be what we hope, but I do know he could be another Rodman and more. His dribling skills are light years more than Rodman ever had.
    I'm sure he will have more plays called for him next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread PPoppers
    SJax. It's that simple.
    OP asked why KLs minutes were less then Bonbons.
    Not why less then SJaxs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread PPoppers

OP asked why KLs minutes were less then Bonbons.
    Not why less then SJaxs.
    SJax is who gets subbed in for kawhi though.

Why did Green have more minutes than Diaw?

they play different positions and dont affect each other's minutes that much. Same with kawhi and bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they play different positions and dont affect each other's minutes that much. Same with kawhi and bonner
    I don't know i think it was Bonners defensive stuff that kept him in the game.

Wonder if Derrick Favors can withstand the ribbing he must be taking from fellow Jazz. NBA player -6'10 F/C at that- getting stuffed by Ginger.

Makes you say hmmm... YoMamaIsCallin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the post game stories said that Popovich thought he was intimidated a bit by the crowd and was not being aggressive.

unity in diversity
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad to see this thread, I wanted to start one myself, but he's just a rookie on a team loaded with a bunch of veterans, plus Dan Green is obviously the better 3 shooter, so I've resigned myself to having KL's minutes cut in the playoffs. I actually expected it.

But being a hometown fan, it really bugs me that if KL doesn't hit his first two shots while doing what's expected of him, that is to sit at the wing and wait for a pass, he's going to be pulled and when TP misses 3 or 4 in a row with a couple of TO's he's not going to get pulled.

So is the quandary for KL. KL's game is rebounding, but he sits at the wing. I heard people say he could be the next Rodman, but did Rodman sit out at the wing all game. I don't think so. How is this going to change?

In Pops scheme the only way KL will thrive is to improve his driving skills, if he just relies on the 3, his minutes will keep shrinking, he'll need to work on getting open with a quick jumper and be consistent at that. It pains me to see him get the ball at the point only to hold the ball while looking for someone to pass it to. He needs to start dribbling around to find an opening. To with giving it up to Parker, Parker never gives it up to him. Anyway he's a hard enough worker, he'll work it out.
    You do realize that KL is not a power forward, right? Rodman was a defender and rebounder, and little else. KL is a 3pt shooter, a decent off-the-ball slasher, and a good rebounder for a sf. The numbers show he is better for our offense than he is for our defense so far. So, I don't see the analogy except that he is a good rebounder.

KL is a great rebounder for a sf, but he will get worked by the more powerful PF until he gets bigger and stronger. So as a small ball pf, I don't see him working as well as SJAX is currently.

All that said, he is a big part of the team's future, and I see him becoming an important part of the offense of the team. If his defense develops and becomes above-average, he will get 30+ mpg.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize that KL is not a power forward, right? Rodman was a defender and rebounder, and little else. KL is a 3pt shooter, a decent off-the-ball slasher, and a good rebounder for a sf. The numbers show he is better for our offense than he is for our defense so far. So, I don't see the analogy except that he is a good rebounder.

KL is a great rebounder for a sf, but he will get worked by the more powerful PF until he gets bigger and stronger. So as a small ball pf, I don't see him working as well as SJAX is currently.

All that said, he is a big part of the team's future, and I see him becoming an important part of the offense of the team. If his defense develops and becomes above-average, he will get 30+ mpg.
    Rodman started out as a small forward.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the post game stories said that Popovich thought he was intimidated a bit by the crowd and was not being aggressive.
    That's the cool thing about the depth is if someone isn't playing well someone else can take his place.

Thread Information