My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    I haven't seen offensive execution like that from a team in 15 years. I sat 6 rows up behind the Spurs bench tonight and just marveled at the way your team dissected our defense. Yeah, we got our asses handed to us again, and yeah, this series is over Monday night, but I didn't leave the arena tonight pissed. I really got a better appreciation for the Spurs team tonight watching it so close in person.

So congrats on the ass kicking. Can't wait to see what we do this offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz are gonna be ridiculously good in a year or two. Tbh if they get Steve Nash somehow this offseason they will be a 50-win team at least.

Till the wheels fall off. iManu's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen offensive execution like that from a team in 15 years. I sat 6 rows up behind the Spurs bench tonight and just marveled at the way your team dissected our defense. Yeah, we got our asses handed to us again, and yeah, this series is over Monday night, but I didn't leave the arena tonight pissed. I really got a better appreciation for the Spurs team tonight watching it so close in person.

Class.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Jazz are just a few pieces away from being a serious playoff team. I'm sure you guys will continue to get better over the course of the next few seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The youth on your team is 1st tier in the league. Give them time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome. Thank you for the props. It means that much more coming from a jazz fan. I agree that if the right moves are made the jazz will be a contender sooner than later. Keep your chin up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz are gonna be ridiculously good in a year or two. Tbh if they get Steve Nash somehow this offseason they will be a 50-win team at least.
    40 year old Nash is going to make them a 50 win team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In terms of pure offensive execution, this team is probably the best I've seen since those early 2000's Kings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Props to you for staying put till the very end.

Classy Jazz fan here.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With respect, I think your team is one year away from being a better playoff gatekeeper/perennial 1st round exit type of team. However, to become true contenders, the Jazz likely need a big overhaul.

We had a discussion a few weeks ago about the make up of your roster. After 3 games, I now strongly believe in the weaknesses I listed.

-You guys don't have anyone who can consistently score outside of Big Al. Even then, Big Al is shooting just 47% and averaging 15.6 pts.
    -Lack of Depth is extremely evident. I think Favors carves his niche sooner than later but everyone else is a question mark.
    -No Shooters: 29% from 3, 36% overall.

A few issues that need to be addressed:
    -Find durable, consistent, and pressure tested shooters (Difficult)
    -Franchise level player to pair with young core. Or hope that both Gordon and Derrick develop into all-star caliber players. (Extremely difficult)
    -Defensive minded perimeter player who isn't a major liability on offense (Extremely difficult)
    -Upgrade the PG position (Extremely difficult)

In hindsight, tanking for 9th would have been a smarter move. Unlike the Suns (who are likely to blow up their team), the Jazz are ready to add more pieces to their puzzle now. And the NBA draft is a great way to do that, whether that means trading the lottery pick for veterans, or drafting someone they believe is NBA ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Jazz team fought well tonight, and kudos to you for staying, and not leaving early for the exits like all those other fake fans.

Thread Information