Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15 guys on the playoff roster with about 3 other guys not under contract but part of the organization. I say pop vs assistant shirts vs skins two teams of 8.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you want to have b2b in the second round?

If yes, root for Clippers/Grizzlies to go to 7 games.
    If no, root for a 5 or 6 games series.

Given that Duncan, who has been Spurs second best player this year, struggles in a b2b setup, the choice is obvious to me. Spurs fans shouldn't wish to have a 7 games series between Clippers and Grizzlies.
    This. Duncan needs rest. His legs look so good this year with the depth/less playing time.

I want them to start 2nd round at same time that LA starts their series, not 3 days later. Figure LA will close it out on Tuesday and start on Friday against Ok City at worst(maybe even Thursday) so I dont want Spurs starting on Sunday.
    Want them to start at same time as LAL/OKC. Don't want that winner rested and waiting for Spurs if LAC/MEM series goes on too long and Spurs have b2b in 2nd round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideal rest for Spurs is one day off between games. They totally rocked the NBA with way less rest than 1 day off betw games, so it follows that the Spurs do not need 4-5 days off before next series.
    Two days rest are ideal (because now the Big Three have to play a little more minutes), but I get the point ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the people? Too much rest??? One of the big topics on this board all season has been Pop's controversial decisions to "rest" players on nights they were healthy. Now all of a sudden there might be too much rest???

You sound like those dumb-ass farmers on the news every year, who say "Oh my, we need rain. Please pray for rain." Then a few months later, they're like "Oh my, this is too much rain. Please pray for the rain to stop."

How about just taking what you get and STFU.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the people? Too much rest??? One of the big topics on this board all season has been Pop's controversial decisions to "rest" players on nights they were healthy. Now all of a sudden there might be too much rest???

You sound like those dumb-ass farmers on the news every year, who say "Oh my, we need rain. Please pray for rain." Then a few months later, they're like "Oh my, this is too much rain. Please pray for the rain to stop."

How about just taking what you get and STFU.
    The point of resting the older players (TD, Manu) is to keep them fresh for playoffs, numbnuts. Mission accomplished. The playoffs are here now, the time for rest at this point is in offseason.

Playing 3-4 games a week is most they will play now, and they are in good enough shape to do that without tiring out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be the worst case scenario because it would not only mean a lot of time without games but that there will probably be a b2b set in that series.
    Most convinient scenario for the Spurs is that the Mem-Clips series end the same day as the Lal-Den, that way will mean a bit of rest and no b2b.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you want to have b2b in the second round?

If yes, root for Clippers/Grizzlies to go to 7 games.
    If no, root for a 5 or 6 games series.
    This. I suspect -- though the league hasn't said it yet -- that if you can start your second round series this coming weekend (Sat., May 12 or Sun., May 13) you can avoid the back-to-back. If Memphis/LAC goes to 6, Game 6 will be on Friday and getting started on Sunday depends, I think, on how the league sets the schedule for the likely Lakers/Nuggets series and the likely Heat/Pacers series.

If those are scheduled to have Sunday games, I think the only way to most assuredly avoid the back-to-back is to hope the Clippers get it done in 5 and the league doesn't screw around with the second round schedule for TV purposes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the only way to most assuredly avoid the back-to-back is to hope the Clippers get it done in 5 and the league doesn't screw around with the second round schedule for TV purposes.
    You're kidding, right? The only reason the NBA does anything is for TV purposes.

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're kidding, right? The only reason the NBA does anything is for TV purposes.
    With the money that ABC, TNT and ESPN is paying the NBA, you can not blame them, right?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully we sweep and the Clips-Grizz goes 7 and Game 7 is a 5 OT thriller, and then we tip off Game 1 2 days later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I understand that.

I'm talking more about a situation where the second round series in this part of the bracket is ready to start on Sunday, but gets pushed to Monday because the league would rather play LAL and MIA games on Sunday (even though those games could have been played on Saturday).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be way too much rest... we would be rusty as in game 1.

Thread Information