Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a huge Green fan, but I would take him over Hill anyday.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. He does. I know certain people here hate him but they don't seem to spend much time actually watching him if it goes against what they decided before he ever suited up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Mills is a better backup PG than Hill was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks. I was a fan of his when he was here but I would rather have TP, Manu, Neal, Green, Jax, and Leonard > Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I prefer mills over Hill anyday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buck_SA So GHill turned down $6M a year with Pacers and is looking for more? Spurs traded him with these economics in mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure exactly WHY Hill would be looking for more. He's been productive in a reserve role for the Spurs and he is a decent player, but I certainly wouldn't value him as a 8-10mil per year player.

As others have stated, I like what Hill did for the Spurs while he was here, but he was a luxury player for the Spurs. He wasn't a true PG and too short to be a full-time SG. Therefore, he's stuck in being what he is - a productive tweener.

Spurs are better off with Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard in the 2-3 spots.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buck_SA So GHill turned down $6M a year with Pacers and is looking for more? Spurs traded him with these economics in mind.
    Spurs are going to be looking at a similar situation with Blair this offseason. I think the odds of Blair getting moved in a similar fashion to Hill are pretty good. Both productive players, both outperformed their contract, both deserving of a significant raise, yet neither providing the Spurs something they can't find elsewhere at a cheaper price.

unity in diversity
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to be looking at a similar situation with Blair this offseason. I think the odds of Blair getting moved in a similar fashion to Hill are pretty good. Both productive players, both outperformed their contract, both deserving of a significant raise, yet neither providing the Spurs something they can't find elsewhere at a cheaper price.
    Except that Hill was a starter/rotation player, and Blair is on the outside, looking in. Blair is now the 5th big, and we can't pay him much to do that for us. I agree we trade him, but I doubt we get much more than a 2nd round draft pick for him, especially given his decline in production this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. He does. I know certain people here hate him but they don't seem to spend much time actually watching him if it goes against what they decided before he ever suited up.
    He's garbage.

Starter
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hills average for the playoffs right now is approx 16pts vs kawi @ 7 and George is garbage ? lol

Starter
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the spurs need hill , Prob Not but Having hill back on the Team only makes us BETTER . I hope we do have him back .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill would be a nice luxury as a backup point -- definitely better than anyone we have. But I like the guards we have at the salaries we have them at.

Hill will make starter money, and he deserves it. If he leaves the Pacers, I hope he lands a good spot somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The New York Daily News. Also known as the same "journalists" who swore up and down that Tony Parker would be playing for the Knicks the next season for the last 3 offseasons running.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right on cue.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let someone else overpay Hill, and hopefully not Green.

As far as Blair, I think for $1 million he is a decent value, so one more year then let's see if is BB IQ is still lower than the Clips center who can only score on alley oops.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that Hill was a starter/rotation player, and Blair is on the outside, looking in. Blair is now the 5th big, and we can't pay him much to do that for us. I agree we trade him, but I doubt we get much more than a 2nd round draft pick for him, especially given his decline in production this year.
    Depends. A team that doesn't want to pay guaranteed money to a first round pick might jump on deal for Blair and a second rounder to trade out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take Green anyday over Hill. Not nearly as expense and his overall game is much better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hills average for the playoffs right now is approx 16pts vs kawi @ 7 and George is garbage ? lol
    Who did I quote that mentioned George Hill?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he's one of those people that doesn't watch Cory Joseph play and has already decided that he sucks for whatever reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he's one of those people that doesn't watch Cory Joseph play and has already decided that he sucks for whatever reason.
    I've watched pretty much every dribble of his professional career. Including his d-league play. And he's awful. No upside whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill is getting more minutes and more shot attempts. Hill is a fourth year player, Kawhi is a 20 year rookie. Kawhi has a better shooting percentage and rebounds more.

It's apples and oranges to compare them but the fact remains, Kawhi is much better for the Spurs future than Hill would have ever been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the spurs need hill , Prob Not but Having hill back on the Team only makes us BETTER . I hope we do have him back .
    It doesn't make us better. Are you hill himself or one of his jump offs? We'd have to get rid of multiple players and multiple talent just to get him on this team, which would be overall detrimental to the Spurs.

Hill is an average tweener who shrinks in the playoffs. That's his ceiling.

unity in diversity
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't make us better. Are you hill himself or one of his jump offs? We'd have to get rid of multiple players and multiple talent just to get him on this team, which would be overall detrimental to the Spurs.

Hill is an average tweener who shrinks in the playoffs. That's his ceiling.
    Well, if you want to get salaries into the discussion, fine.

But from a pure talent and skill perspective, outside of Tony and Manu, Hill would be the best point guard on the team easily. He has more all-around skills than anyone on the team outside Manu and tony as well.

However, he is small for a sg, and he is not going to start on our team. He is too good to be a backup, and does not fill the defensive needs against big guards.

If we had infinite money, having him as a backup pg would be great, sure.

back to reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've watched pretty much every dribble of his professional career. Including his d-league play. And he's awful. No upside whatsoever.

Thread Information