Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    clips don't have goran dragic. we'll be fine...

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only it were just Dragic. There's an unpleasant image of Grant Hill dropping jumpers over Duncan while he just stands there that I can't shake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh... Spurs in 5. Two of the games will be close.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers have a huge advantage, because they are battle tested after those 7 close games and also Spurs are rusty after sitting for a week.
    Spurs have a huge advantage, because they are well rested and healthy and Clipper are banged up and worn out after a brutal 7 games series.

take your view.

but there are some point that are out of discussion IMO.

Spurs are a superb offensive team. Clippers are a mediocre defensive team.
    Clippers are a decent offensive team (at best), Spurs are a decent defensive team.

Spurs win.

Neal-Manu-Sjax-Bonner-Splitter >>>>> Bledsoe-Mo-Young-Martin-Evans

Spurs bench displays a size advantage of about 13''. (I know they won't go 10 deep, but likely Evabs and Bledsoe are out of a 8 rotation, so will Neal and Bonner, size advantage will still be significant)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evans and Martin are pretty good defenders.
    lmao Kenyon martin on Duncan.

Good one.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why this preview was so late?

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good one.

I don't know if it's good one.
    Martin is a tough guy and when the refs are gonna let him play phisical with TD then Tim is going to have tough time.

Then you have Blake and Evans that can crash the boards.

IMO we will see as much Pick and pop as possible with Timmy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good one.
    crofl, ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs haven't won a second round playoff game since 2008. Given that and even if Spurs are the heavily favorite to advance, it's hard to be really confident about Spurs chances in a playoff series.

Clippers quickness in the backcourt is something that worries me. Spurs aren't well equipped to defend these players. Mo Williams and Bledsoe could create a lot of troubles to Spurs second unit. Pop should have Patrick Mills on speed dial for this series. If Mo Williams start to catch fire while Parker is on the bench, Mills would be Spurs best answer against him.
    Last edited by Bruno; 05-14-2012 at 04:18 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but I dont think K-Marts pick and roll defense has been given enough attention. In the last game against the Clippers in LA he gave both Tony and Manu tons of fits in the 4th quarter...he was quick enough to stay in front of both of them and long enough to contest their shots. If Spurs struggle to run the pick and roll successfully it could definitely be a long series tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs haven't won a second round playoff game since 2008. Given that and even if Spurs are the heavily favorite to advance, it's hard to be really confident about Spurs chances in a playoff series.

Clippers quickness in the backcourt is something that worries me. Spurs aren't well equipped to defend these players. Mo Williams and Bledsoe could create a lot of troubles to Spurs second unit. Pop should have Patrick Mills on speed dial for this series. If Mo Williams start to catch fire while Parker is on the bench, Mills would be Spurs best answer against him.
    Bruno, I think it's unfair to judge how the Spurs will do because of their past performances. It was all in the past and this team is the best we've had since '08.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The back to back will be interesting, and the Clippers do have depth and x-factors like Young and Williams. For some reason I'm looking forward to how the Spurs react to Reggie Evans. It'll also be interesting to see how Griffin plays, there's a twitter out there saying he could barely move on his injured knee, yikes

Anyway the Spurs better have taken note. Memphis lost that series almost as much as the Clippers won it, the Grizzlies' historical chokejob in game 1 was

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp's balls have shrivelled up and his has turtled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good analysis. The Clips might be a tougher out than most people think. Their Combustible Shooters concern me the most.
    That's why rebounding will be key. No second-chance easy baskets for them. In other words, I hope we see very little of the Turd towers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno, I think it's unfair to judge how the Spurs will do because of their past performances. It was all in the past and this team is the best we've had since '08.
    If the Spurs play to their strengths they should be fine. If they try playing the other team's game then they are in trouble. They've got to dictate tempo and style of game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you should add Reggie Evans in the Wary's department or even to the things to be afraid of, cause he's such a tough and smart defender, both at individual and team defense.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs got this. No worries.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The small guards are the only potential concern, but that while they'll have an advantage in speed, we'll have a size advantage, and we can help off of their bigs. If they end up with a ton of mid range jump shots from Griffin, K-Mart et al we'll be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul shoots 2s and 3s, assists, steals and orchestrates. Not to mention that he's clutchest in the NBA.
    Basically, a combination of Magic and MJ, faster than the former, smarter than the latter.

Butler has championship(s) experience, having played last year for Dallas.

Griffin is physically overwhelming and a rounded bb player.
    Jordan is smart, rebounds and blocks shots at will.

The starters are fantastic, but the reserves are even better.

Mo Williams will catch fire and punish from 3.
    Young, Foye and Bledsoe will be unstoppeble for the Spurs slow backcourt.
    Evans and Martin (another with championship experience) defend Pn'R like nobody ever did and crush the boards.
    Evans, Griffin, Jordan are bigs with a unique capacity to never miss FTs.

Am I missing someone?

Oh yeah, Del Negro, the coach, is experienced, including a period with Pop, so he knows the system.

Clippers also have home court advantage.

On the other side, Spurs are old, have a slow backcourt, no decent bigs, no shot blocker, and no reliable shooter from 3.

In one word: doomed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Untill two days ago, it was the Memphis bigs.
    Now, it's the Clippers backcourt.

This is how you rule over people: inducing fears.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul shoots 2s and 3s, assists, steals and orchestrates. Not to mention that he's clutchest in the NBA.
    Basically, a combination of Magic and MJ, faster than the former, smarter than the latter.

Evans and Martin (another with championship experience) defend Pn'R like nobody ever did and crush the boards.

Am I missing someone?

Oh yeah, Del Negro, the coach, is experienced, including a period with Pop, so he knows the system.

On the other side, Spurs are old, have a slow backcourt, no decent bigs, no shot blocker, and no reliable shooter from 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Am I missing someone?

this

I think I'm not even gonna watch this beatdown by the River!

Some of you guys sound as clueless as the Clippers fans. The fans last year who saw the mismatch against Memphis last year, I respect. The one's who sound as if they're suffering from "Mavs Fan" syndrome need to stop posting. I think I'm done with SpursTalk until we finish this series. I'll see you guys in five or six games. I don't know about YOUR Spurs, but MY SPURS got this one!!! The drive for five continues for me!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And, finally, please, please, no mention to Nash.

With the CURRENT 36 years old Steve Nash, the Memphis-Clippers series is a sweep for whichever team Nash is playing on.
    The mental lapses of the respective PGs were absolutely hard to believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think like when any two good NBA teams meet, there will be ups and downs but I expect the Spurs to win this series probably in six games. I don't care who the Spurs play, just let them play and let the chips fall where they may. The better team will win this series, so in that sense the outcome will be satisfactory. Just don't want any major injuries or terribly inconsistent officiating. I want the Spurs to put forth their best effort and I ASSUME that's enough to beat the Clippers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs in 5, as I will expect the refs to help LA get one. Its in their blood...
    The main problem for the clips is going to be that relaxing for a few minutes can allow the Spurs to lay a lot of points on them. I think the Spurs defense is good enough to keep that lead. Add in Jack, Diaw, and a healthy Manu and it gets even more grim for the Clippers.

The interesting thing about the Spurs is that we all are used to watching them force an opponent to play perfect basketball, due to their defense. If you could not score, then you would slowly die. The Spurs did not beat themselves. Always loved that as a fan.
    Now, they do the same with a very efficient, volatile offense and good defense. You have to play perfect and score in bunches.
    They flipped the script!

Thread Information