Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we'd have to worry about losing one game if Blake had any other game other than running up and down floor playing NBA jam. Dude can't even move his knee. He's gone from 1 dimensional to nodimensional.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya'lls cautious optimism is cute, but this is a sweep ladies and gentlemen.

Grizz were the much tougher opponent.

Best avi and siggy EVER!

And yes... I would LOVE to be wrong if this is indeed going to be yet another sweep for us ... But I have to show some respect, too, yo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The extra gear to defer to Pargo in a game 7? Just kidding (maybe), he is a very great player/compe or but he hasn't been himself these playoffs (critical turnovers in crunch time, lower scoring...).
    Not that Chris isn't given to a crazy turnover or two because he is (see crazy TO leading to Gary Neal 3 for the improbable OT game in LA this year). He tries to do so much for his team. In game 7 of '08 playoffs Chris, who was having a very good series, went for 18 points, 14 assists, 8 rebounds and 5 steals. Pargo was playing SG and got hot but nothing else was really working. The Hornets were packing the paint so Manu, Horry, Finley etc. hit lots of threes and put the Hornets in a tough spot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs should play the clippers straight up by matching parker up with paul. let paul expend energy on the defensive end chasing parker around. spurs can live with a tired parker but the clippers depend on paul more.

let leonard/green/giniobili/jackson each get a shot at nick young. at least one of them should slow young down considerably. griffin is no threat offensively against a smart defender, might get 20 empty points.

only players left to worry about are williams and bledsoe. but unlike the grizzlies, the spurs have many different offensive weapons in the form of wing players so every clippers guard will have to defend a 6-5 to 6-8 spurs forward/guard. should be easy enough to get shots over them, especially since the spurs already have exceptional ball movement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only players left to worry about are williams and bledsoe. but unlike the grizzlies, the spurs have many different offensive weapons in the form of wing players so every clippers guard will have to defend a 6-5 to 6-8 spurs forward/guard. should be easy enough to get shots over them, especially since the spurs already have exceptional ball movement.
    Agree this is a key point/Spurs advantage. At the 2/3 spots, we have Manu/Green/Leonard/Jackson. Clips have Caron Butler with a broken hand, and couple of 6-1 shooting guards. LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are way too good and way too deep. Spurs in 5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blame a lot of that on playing George Hill on Nash. Man, Hill was brutal to watch guarding any kind of screen.
    Pop made all the wrong moves in that series. Putting George Hill on Steve Nash. Switching on pick and rolls. Doubling Nash and Stoudemire and leaving their 3 point shooters open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think timvp is wanting to not get people this will be a cakewalk
    clippers never give up even if down by 25 in 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JMcDonald_SAEN Blake, meanwhile, says "there is no doubt. I'll be playing."

JMcDonald_SAEN Vinny Del Negro says Blake Griffin (knee) not certain to play in Game 1. Said if it were regular season, Blake would get"a week or 2" off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My biggest concern is the small backcourt LAC runs with. I'm reminded of how badly JJ Barea burned us when the Mavs played him at the two. Our guys are going to get worn out chasing these midgets around.

But that doesn't equal a series victory. Spurs should take care of business here. But it isn't going to be an easy series like Utah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funny thing is that all these overconfident Spursfans will be the first to freak out when we lose a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funny thing is that all these overconfident Spursfans will be the first to freak out when we lose a game.
    why?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't call it overconfidence. The Spurs are a better team than the Clippers and they should be able to prove it over the course of 7 games. Of course, LAC is significantly better than Utah so it shouldn't be a sweep or a one-sided beatdown but San Antonio should come out on top if they execute, defend the perimeter, and stick to the fundamentals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because I'm seeing that some of the most confident posters in here are those that start every freak out thread everytime the Spurs lose a game.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would that be funny? If you're overconfident wouldn't you be the most surprised by a loss?

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would that be funny? If you're overconfident wouldn't you be the most surprised by a loss?
    funny as in ironic, I assume

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because I'm seeing that some of the most confident posters in here are those that start every freak out thread everytime the Spurs lose a game.
    It's not just losing. Panic is justified after one game depending on how they lose.

For example, losing to the Lakers while playing Blair was a fair reason to freak out. Losing to Utah without the Big 3 not so much although it was a great opportunity to complain about the officiating.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not wary about this series. Only thing I'm wary about is not being battle tested for the next two rounds. I don't want the spurs to start the testing in the WCF but I'm not all that concerned. I don't get the Paul Nash comparison. Regardless of the degree of injury I think Nash is a much more disciplined player than Paul. Paul is way too emotional in his play(arrogance and flopping) and I don't think he's anywhere near as mentally tough as Nash. Plus I think that Suns team was way better than this year's Clippers team. Plus I'm sure the Suns respected their coach which I don't feel any of the clippers do, especially Paul..........
    4 or 5

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Clippers can handle Stephen Jackson. Butler and his time won't overlap that much, and I don't think Butler is all that.

Who's going to guard Jackson when he posts up? Foye? Mo Williams? Nick Young?

Jackson off the bench is who I'm looking at to make the Spurs the winning team.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson off the bench is who I'm looking at to make the Spurs the winning team.

Man, if only McDyess stuck around this year and were still able to snag Jax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would found funny that people that say this is going to be easy would sudenly start predicting an elimination after one game. And you know it's happening.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree this is a key point/Spurs advantage. At the 2/3 spots, we have Manu/Green/Leonard/Jackson. Clips have Caron Butler with a broken hand, and couple of 6-1 shooting guards. LOL
    Yeah, but other than Jackson on occasion, the Spurs don't post their wings. And if they want to force the issue with guys who are foreign to that area and get out of the flow of their offense, that's not a exactly a bad thing for the Clippers. So they can get away with playing small along the perimeter. In fact, if Del Negro has an ounce of common sense, he'll play Butler sparsely, go with this alignment for long stretches and make it equally as difficult for the Spurs to defend their wings as them to defend the Spurs'.

Karl foolishly made this mistake in the 1st half of game 7 against the Lakers. He went away from the Lawson-Miller-Afflalo three guard set because he wanted Afflalo to defend Bryant and was worried about Miller defending World Peace. When in reality, he should have absolutely went to that, not only because they were having success with it in previous games, but because he'd have essentially baited the Lakers into milking this miss-match, taken the ball out of their big three's hands and killed what miniscule flow there is to the Lakers offense. Which is exactly what happened in the second half when he went to that lineup. The Nuggets went from 16 down to up 4, before inevitably losing.

If Del Negro figures this out relatively early, Paul and Griffin magically return to full health and/or the Spurs suffer at least one debilitating injury, then the Clippers can pull the upset. Otherwise, this is going to be quick and (relatively) painless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but other than Jackson on occasion, the Spurs don't post their wings. And if they want to force the issue with guys who are foreign to that area and get out of the flow of their offense, that's not a exactly a bad thing for the Clippers. So they can get away with playing small along the perimeter. In fact, if Del Negro has an ounce of common sense, he'll play Butler sparsely, go with this alignment for long stretches and make it equally as difficult for the Spurs to defend their wings as them to defend the Spurs'.
    Okay, so in going small and playing Caron sparingly, would that be CP3, Mo Williams, and Foye or Bledsoe playing the 1, 2 and 3 spots?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Karl foolishly made this mistake in the 1st half of game 7 against the Lakers. He went away from the Lawson-Miller-Afflalo three guard set because he wanted Afflalo to defend Bryant and was worried about Miller defending World Peace. When in reality, he should have absolutely went to that, not only because they were having success with it in previous games, but because he'd have essentially baited the Lakers into milking this miss-match, taken the ball out of their big three's hands and killed what miniscule flow there is to the Lakers offense. Which is exactly what happened in the second half when he went to that lineup. The Nuggets went from 16 down to up 4, before inevitably losing.

If Del Negro figures this out relatively early, Paul and Griffin magically return to full health and/or the Spurs suffer at least one debilitating injury, then the Clippers can pull the upset. Otherwise, this is going to be quick and (relatively) painless.
    Good points. A key point in deciding whether to go small is if the guards on the other team can post up without breaking offensive flow. I remember the Spurs tried playing the 3 guard lineup against the Suns in '10 but they didn't realize JRich was one of the best posting up guards.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, so in going small and playing Caron sparingly, would that be CP3, Mo Williams, and Foye or Bledsoe playing the 1, 2 and 3 spots?
    Yeah and to a lesser extent, I'd even consider playing Young at the three small. I know they're using him exclusively as their backup three, but he's really a two. Specifically Paul, Williams and Bledsoe, I think is definitely worth a shot, but not when Jackson is in the game. The more Butler plays, the more they're playing into the Spurs hands.

Thread Information