Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Reds in talks with Sochaux winger

May 27, 2012

By ESPN staff

Sochaux midfielder Ryad Boudebouz has revealed that Liverpool are amongst a number of high-profile clubs negotiating for his transfer.
    GettyImagesRyad Boudebouz

Boudebouz, who was part of Algeria's 3-0 win over Niger on Saturday, has attracted attention from a number of French clubs following his performances on the wing in Ligue 1 and now the Premier League club has joined the queue.
    Boudebouz, 22, said: "Certainly, my agent is in talks with some clubs, particularly in France, but there is still nothing concrete.
    "There is also Liverpool, who have initiated discussions with my agent, but at the risk of repeating myself, everything is in the discussion stage, no more."

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Liverpool FC
    Post Count
    He's a winger? I'd rather look at Ramirez and De Jong, since I know more about them. I feel like Ramirez is a lock with Coates and Suarez.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    He's a winger? I'd rather look at Ramirez and De Jong, since I know more about them. I feel like Ramirez is a lock with Coates and Suarez.
    He is a RM, but he can play RW

TBH, I think he should play 1-2 seasons with a big French club (Lyon and Marseille are interested too) before making the jump to the EPL.
    But that's just me.

He also needs to hit the weight room

But the talent is definitely there

My Team
    Liverpool FC
    Post Count
    Nice to know, but RAWK are calling bogus on the interest, since there is no DoF to make these decisions. But maybe the interest is there.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Nice to know, but RAWK are calling bogus on the interest, since there is no DoF to make these decisions. But maybe the interest is there.
    Actually they already make an offer to Sochaux year, but Sochaux's boss wanted more $$$$

Also, Roberto Martinez was supervising him when he was at Wigan, and he might become Liverpool's next Manager

I agree on the fact that the Reds need to name a Manager before taking care of transfers

So, for now, speculations speculations

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Eden Hazard: good afternoon guys. i made up my mind. see you later. thanks
    crofl The Decision

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Llorente is supposedly going to have a press conference on Tuesday, for who knows what.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    he better make up for all this bs wherever he goes.

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    Hazard is probably going to United, probably more playing time there.

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    It's rumored that it's Chelsea, but the rumors keep changing

I think people are messing with his wiki page... I think it said Chelsea earlier, and right now is says Manchester United as current club

My Team
    Liverpool FC
    Post Count
    He never specified what year

Better than United or Citeh, I guess. Makes the battle for 4 that much harder, though.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    So it'S confirmed that he is going to Chelsea?

, I have to return this jersey:

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    lol chelsea extending torres...

cech resigns for 4 more years

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    Rumor: Llorente to Arsenal.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Chelsea’s rebuilding grows with £78m Eden Hazard signing

Eden Hazard announced on Monday night that he is joining Chelsea as Roman Abramovich took another decisive step in his rebuilding of the squad that won the Champions League.

Chelsea have beaten off compe ion from Manchester City — who had been clear favourites to sign the exciting Belgium international but grew frustrated at the negotiations — Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur after becoming the only club who would go close to meeting the forward’s demands.

City are thought to have walked away from the deal last week with Spurs giving up some time ago. Hazard, currently on international duty and preparing to face England in a friendly this weekend, indicated to Chelsea on Saturday that he was set to accept their offer and yesterday took to the social media site Twitter to announce that he had “made up my mind”, adding last night: “I’m signing for the Champions League winner.”

Chelsea will pay a fee of around €40 million (£35.3 million) to Lille, with Hazard having demanded wages of £4.6 million a year net of tax, so around £9  million a year for his new employer. That averages out at £170,000 a week.

In addition his agent, John Bico, who has conducted an aggressive auction has made it clear that he wants a fee of £6 million.

If all the demands are met and with Hazard expected to agree a five-year deal, it means the overall cost of the signing, fees and contract will amount to around £78 million which, even by Chelsea standards, is a substantial investment.

Chelsea hijacked City’s deal after receiving a call from Bico on the eve of the Champions League final with the agent telling them that he could persuade Hazard to join them if his demands were met.

The 21 year-old can provide some of the width and creativity that Chelsea have lacked although where he fits in remains to be seen as he has suggested he wants to play as a classic ‘No 10’ — as does Juan Mata.

The signing probably ends Chelsea’s interest in the Brazil international Lucas Moura, who had been a prime target for previous manager Andre Villas-Boas.

Chelsea are without a permanent manager with interim head coach Roberto Di Matteo on holiday and not dealing with transfer targets and negotiations.

Instead, technical director Michael Emenalo is working with Abramovich to conduct Chelsea’s transfer business, which has so far included signing the German international wide midfielder Marko Marin for £6.5 million from Werder Bremen and releasing Jose Bosingwa and Salomon Kalou, while Didier Drogba, also out of contract, is leaving having agreed a deal with the Chinese club Shanghai Shenzua.

It can be expected that the signing of Hazard will hasten the departure of Florent Malouda, who has a year left on his contract and is considering a number of offers, including a lucrative deal from a Turkish club. Paulo Ferreira has also been told he can leave with Chelsea aiming to sign a new right-back.

They have again been offered Ajax defender Gregory Van der Wiel, who was a target of former sporting director Frank Arnesen.

Hazard becomes the fourth Belgian in the Chelsea squad but, unlike the other three — Romelu Lukaku, Kevin De Bruyne and goalkeeper Thibault Courtois — he will not be loaned out next season.

Courtois spent a hugely successful season with Atletico Madrid and is set to go back to Spain for the next campaign. It was announced that first-choice Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech, who recently turned 30, had won his battle for a new contract and had signed a four-year deal.

Hazard has enjoyed a hugely successful season in France, where he was named Ligue 1 player of the year for the second season running, scoring 17 goals in 37 league games.

City have spent 15 months wooing the player and he was their guest at the recent Manchester derby having also been shown houses in the area that afternoon. It had been claimed that Chelsea tried to sign Hazard in January but their interest is far more recent.

Abramovich has already told his aides that he intends to create a young, hungry new team for next season. Chelsea also have a deal in place to sign Hulk from Porto, but that was negotiated by Villas-Boas.

Hulk’s agent, Teodoro Fonseca, has insisted Chelsea remain interested.

Chelsea are also in the market for a top-class striker but matters are complicated by Fernando Torres’s continued presence at the club and the claims that he has been guaranteed by Abramovich that he will have more opportunities next season.

Reacting to today's developments, a Chelsea spokesman said on Monday night: "As with all transfers, when we have something to announce, we will announce it in the usual way."

What they are saying about Hazard

"Hazard is a very good player. He has many qualities. He is particularly rapid in the first 10 yards."
    Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson

"He can play in any top team in the world, today or tomorrow."
    Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany

"His creative ability, his talent for unbalancing opponents, his vision of the game, and his consummate skill in making the final pass all make him an in-demand player."
    Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger

"Eden is technically gifted and very fast. I would take him to Real Madrid with my eyes closed. He can become a great footballer, he is a star of the future".
    Real Madrid director of football and former France international Zinedine Zidane

"Faster than Zidane, more technique than Thierry Henry."
    Former France international Christophe Dugarry

"At times he looks like Lionel Messi."
    Former Marseille manager Rolland Courbis
    £78 million for an unproved player
    £78 million for a redundant position

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Rumor: Llorente to Arsenal.
    I guess we might find out tomorrow.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    If the Llorente rumor is surfacing, then it only means one thing and one thing alone: van Persie is on his way out.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    It's all bull anyway. Wake me up when something is official.

Seems like ManU are close to signing Shinji Kagawa from Dortmund though.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    They've gone from Hazard to Kagawa.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    i wouldnt be surprise if they do a tour of japan exshibition games to milk some YEN

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Hazard IMO was never a realistic option...

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    It's all bull anyway. Wake me up when something is official.

Seems like ManU are close to signing Shinji Kagawa from Dortmund though.
    Kagawa? Sounds like caga agua.

If he were to sign in Mexico, he would never hear the end of it because of that name.

My Team
    Liverpool FC
    Post Count
    Hulk to Chelsea is done.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    hazard 78m

then wtf is bales price then...

lol other teams with no talent scouts relying on other teams scout targetin....

Thread Information