Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why We Believed Jackie's Rape Story

Ultimately, though, from where I sit in Charlottesville, to let fact checking define the narrative would be a huge mistake.
    Put another way; Never let the facts get in the way of a narrative.

The Duke LaCrosse team DID suffer in vain.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your view) for UVA, the truth was discovered before a cadre of University Intellectuals could draw up a manifesto of outrage against the Greek System.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “If we are being honest with ourselves, no matter if specifics of the article are true, …reading the article as a college student, you were thinking, ‘This could happen,’” said Rex Humphries, a second-year who pledged a fraternity last spring. Your first reaction is not, ‘This is preposterous.” I asked if he thought Jackie’s story could be true. He paused and said, “Yes.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why We Believed Jackie's Rape Story

Put another way; Never let the facts get in the way of a narrative.

The Duke LaCrosse team DID suffer in vain.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your view) for UVA, the truth was discovered before a cadre of University Intellectuals could draw up a manifesto of outrage against the Greek System.
    pussy eater and other prominent members of the right-wing Rape Caucus will use ANY angle to trash women and suspect ALL of them of lying about being raped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pussy eater and other prominent members of the right-wing Rape Caucus will use ANY angle to trash women and suspect ALL of them of lying about being raped.
    No, I suspect that stripper at Duke, "Jackie" and Dunham to be lying about rape.

I think the bigger picture (and aptly illustrated by the Left's exploitation of the Brown, Garner, and Martin stories, as well) is that the truth doesn't really matter when the Left has a narrative to advance.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrorist fist jab?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I suspect that stripper at Duke, "Jackie" and Dunham to be lying about rape.

I think the bigger picture (and aptly illustrated by the Left's exploitation of the Brown, Garner, and Martin stories, as well) is that the truth doesn't really matter when the Left has a narrative to advance.
    women getting raped and rapists not convicted, or even tried, isn't a leftist narrative.

10Ks of rape kits non analyzed due lack of funds ...

women being charged for post-rape medical/police attention ...

your and the right's War on Women extrapolates one lying womon to su ion of ALL women lying about being raped.

"forcible rape"

George Will's "no means I'm being coy and really want to ed"

etc, etc.

downplaying, denying rape IS a central aspect the right-wing ideology, NOT of the left.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you want contraception coverage as part of your health insurance? right-wing thought leader Limbaugh calls you a .

women are not supposed to like to for pleasure without fear of pregnancy, they're supposed to be raped by dominant Macho Men just being men.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    women getting raped and rapists not convicted, or even tried, isn't a leftist narrative.

10Ks of rape kits non analyzed due lack of funds ...

women being charged for post-rape medical/police attention ...

your and the right's War on Women extrapolates one lying womon to su ion of ALL women lying about being raped.

"forcible rape"

George Will's "no means I'm being coy and really want to ed"

etc, etc.

downplaying, denying rape IS a central aspect the right-wing ideology, NOT of the left.
    So, why does the media not sensationalize THOSE stories but, instead, choose to advance the lies of a North Carolina stripper, "Jackie," and Lena Dunham?

If this is such a problem, you would think there would be FACTUAL stories they could tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you want contraception coverage as part of your health insurance? right-wing thought leader Limbaugh calls you a .
    Well, if your sex life is so active that you need contraception subsidized by the federal government, you just may be a .

women are not supposed to like to for pleasure without fear of pregnancy, they're supposed to be raped by dominant Macho Men just being men.
    No. Just pay for your own contraception.

And, back to the original discussion...why does the Left have to use made up to advance a narrative? If what you claim is true, there should be factual stories to support it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox contributor: ‘Rolling Stone’ part of liberal plot to ‘romanticize being a victim’ of rape

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/f...e+Raw+Story%29

Thread Information