Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When exactly has Obama claimed he was born in Kenya?
    For 17 years in the bio published by his literary agent.

You are pathologically disingenuous
    No. But, in any case, I'm not President of the United States.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that.

What is your theory?

I fully expect you to employ all the stalling tactics of Nbadan and other truthers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes you are.

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/...ry?id=16372566
    You suck again

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where'd they get the idea Obama was born in Kenya?

I know they're claiming it was a mistake but a mistake means you make a typo, get a date wrong, misspell the author's name, or some other fact.

I know you're not interested but, that literary agent's submission policies have been posted online already and, according to the rules in 1991, the AUTHOR wrote and submitted their own biography in third person.

Other literary agents and authors have already ridiculed this "mistake" explanation as being ludicrous to anyone familiar with how such pamphlets are derived.

Also, the biography was reproduced for as long as Obama was represented by them for whatever project warranted -- not once was the biography corrected nor is there any indication Obama asked for a correction.

I would think a press curious enough to run the Seamus saga for days and to try and make a case for Romney being a bully out of an 48-year old incident would be similarly curious about something this, well, curious.

Either Obama was born in Kenya -- as is claimed in a biography he submitted -- or he's a pathological liar that claimed he was born in Kenya for some reason that suited him at the time.
    Thye admitted it was a mistake... they have clearly stated it was a mistake.. but you assign motives and make things up as you go along so it's not surprising that you are ignoring the admission..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that.

What is your theory[, Yonivore]?

I fully expect you to employ all the stalling tactics of Nbadan and other truthers.
    Here is a theory:

He doesn't really believe this bull for a second, and is merely cynically implying this, to give ammunition to people he probably considers "useful idiots".

Yonivore's probable motivation is just about anything he posts is to create an atmophere hostile and poisonous to those he regards as harmful to America, i.e. liberals and Democrats.

He generally believes that the majority of people on the other end of the political spectrum from him are moronic s bags, and out to inadvertently or even actively destroy the country.

To fight this, he counters his perception of that belief system "by any means necessary".

This includes, but is not limited to threads just like this that are cynical attempts to manipulate others, in a manner not unlike your average sociopath.

That is just a theory.

Notice I didn't say it was my theory.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 05-18-2012 at 04:59 PM.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    My God. Why can't you guys accept that Obama lied? It's not like he's the first president to ever lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My God. Why can't you guys accept that Obama lied? It's not like he's the first president to ever lie.
    There's no proof he lied about this.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    I'm still waiting for the Iraqi do ents to be translated so we can find those wmds
    Hundreds of WMDs were found in Iraq,

Botulinum bacteria found in Iraq (The Age, Australia, October 4, 2003)
    IAEA confirms yellowcake found in Rotterdam likely from Iraq (USA Today, January 16, 2004)
    Sarin, Mus Gas Discovered Separately in Iraq (Fox News, May 17, 2004)
    Tests Confirm Sarin in Iraqi Artillery S (Fox News, May 19, 2004)
    U.N. experts find 20 banned Iraqi engines in Jordan (USA Today, June 9, 2004)
    Iraqi WMD Components Found in Rotterdam Scrapyard (Hawaii Reporter, June 18, 2004)
    Polish Troops Find Sarin Warheads (USA Today, July 1, 2004)
    U.S. removed nuclear material from Iraq (CNN, July 7, 2004)
    US reveals Iraq nuclear operation (BBC, July 7, 2004)
    Iraqi Chemical Stash Uncovered (The Washington Post, August 15, 2005)
    Hundreds of WMDs Discovered in Iraq (WND, June 21, 2006)
    Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says (U.S. Department of Defense, June 29, 2006)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AP Report

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate

Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.

The allegations that horrified fellow Republicans and caused his once-promising candidacy to implode in four short days have given Obama a clear lead as Republicans struggled to fetch an alternative.

Ryan’s campaign began to crumble on Monday following the release of embarrassing records from his divorce. In the records, his ex-wife, Boston Public actress Jeri Ryan, said her former husband took her to kinky sex clubs in Paris, New York and New Orleans.

nh-obama.jpg (12114 bytes)
    Barrack Obama

"It’s clear to me that a vigorous debate on the issues most likely could not take place if I remain in the race," Ryan, 44, said in a statement. "What would take place, rather, is a brutal, scorched-earth campaign – the kind of campaign that has turned off so many voters, the kind of politics I refuse to play."

Although Ryan disputed the allegations, saying he and his wife went to one ‘avant-garde’ club in Paris and left because they felt uncomfortable, lashed out at the media and said it was "truly outrageous" that the Chicago Tribune got a judge to unseal the records.

The Republican choice will become an instant underdog in the campaign for the seat of retiring Republican Senator Peter Fitzgerald, since Obama held a wide lead even before the scandal broke.

"I feel for him actually," Obama told a Chicago TV station. "What he’s gone through over the last three days I think is something you wouldn’t wish on anybody."

The Republican state committee must now choose a replacement for Ryan, who had won in the primaries against seven contenders. Its task is complicated by the fact that Obama holds a comfortable lead in the polls and is widely regarded as a rising Democratic star.

The chairwoman of the Illinois Republican Party, Judy Topinka, said at a news conference, after Ryan withdrew, that Republicans would probably take several weeks to settle on a new candidate.

"Obviously, this is a bad week for our party and our state," she said.

As recently as Thursday, spokesmen for the Ryan campaign still insisted that Ryan would remain in the race. Ryan had defended himself saying, "There’s no breaking of any laws. There’s no breaking of any marriage laws. There’s no breaking of the Ten Commandments anywhere."

—AP

Damn funny how all this stuff is showing up now. But who gives a crap,
    just get him out of office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134625,00.html

That they found a s with traces or in other countries is besides the point. The stockpiles that were claimed to have existed didn't and had been gotten rid of following the initial Iraq-US conflict.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn funny how all this stuff is showing up now. But who gives a crap,
    just get him out of office.
    Showing up now? Whats the date on your article? Like this hasn't all been hashed out before.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    That they found a s with traces or in other countries is besides the point. The stockpiles that were claimed to have existed didn't and had been gotten rid of following the initial Iraq-US conflict.
    No they found over 500 WMD munitions in Iraq,

Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says (U.S. Department of Defense, June 29, 2006)

It is an irrefutable fact that WMDs were found in Iraq.

Are you an Iraq WMD denialist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When we didn’t find weapons I felt terrible about it, sick about it and still do, because a lot of the case in removing Saddam Hussein was based upon weapons of mass destruction.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    It is an irrefutable fact that WMDs were found in Iraq,

Are you an Iraq WMD denialist Chump?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bush said we didn't find any.

Why would he lie?

I know why you would lie....

Drugs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the loons own link

The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, Maples said. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, Chu added.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saddam didn't even know where these duds were.
    I do believe the former regime did a very poor job of accountability of munitions

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    Nice cherry picking,
    The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, Maples said. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, Chu added.
    The 500 munitions discovered throughout Iraq since 2003 and discussed in a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction, the center's commander said here today.

"These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do cons ute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee.

The Chemical Weapons Convention is an arms control agreement which outlaws the production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons. It was signed in 1993 and entered into force in 1997.

The munitions found contain sarin and mus gases, Army Lt. Gen. Michael D. Maples, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, said. Sarin attacks the neurological system and is potentially lethal.

"Mus is a blister agent (that) actually produces burning of any area (where) an individual may come in contact with the agent,"
    he said. It also is potentially fatal if it gets into a person's lungs.

[...]

...the agent remaining in the weapons would be very valuable to terrorists and insurgents, Maples said. "We're talking chemical agents here that could be packaged in a different format and have a great effect," he said, referencing the sarin-gas attack on a Japanese subway in the mid-1990s.

This is true even considering any degradation of the chemical agents that may have occurred, Chu said. It's not known exactly how sarin breaks down, but no matter how degraded the agent is, it's still toxic.

"Regardless of (how much material in the weapon is actually chemical agent), any remaining agent is toxic,"
    he said. "Anything above zero (percent agent) would prove to be toxic, and if you were exposed to it long enough, lethal."

Though about 500 chemical weapons - the exact number has not been released publicly - have been found, Maples said he doesn't believe Iraq is a "WMD-free zone."

"I do believe the former regime did a very poor job of accountability of munitions, and certainly did not do ent the destruction of munitions," he said. "The recovery program goes on, and I do not believe we have found all the weapons."
    Are you volunteering to test their lethality? Maybe we should give then to children to play with as they are obviously harmless?

Are you an Iraq WMD denialist?

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    Bush said we didn't find any.

Why would he lie?
    Were WMDs found in Iraq?

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hundreds of WMDs were found in Iraq,

Botulinum bacteria found in Iraq (The Age, Australia, October 4, 2003)
    IAEA confirms yellowcake found in Rotterdam likely from Iraq (USA Today, January 16, 2004)
    Sarin, Mus Gas Discovered Separately in Iraq (Fox News, May 17, 2004)
    Tests Confirm Sarin in Iraqi Artillery S (Fox News, May 19, 2004)
    U.N. experts find 20 banned Iraqi engines in Jordan (USA Today, June 9, 2004)
    Iraqi WMD Components Found in Rotterdam Scrapyard (Hawaii Reporter, June 18, 2004)
    Polish Troops Find Sarin Warheads (USA Today, July 1, 2004)
    U.S. removed nuclear material from Iraq (CNN, July 7, 2004)
    US reveals Iraq nuclear operation (BBC, July 7, 2004)
    Iraqi Chemical Stash Uncovered (The Washington Post, August 15, 2005)
    Hundreds of WMDs Discovered in Iraq (WND, June 21, 2006)
    Wow he really did the "where are WMD's"? LMAO

In 2012?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's the first one that's going to zing someone with "Nixon lied..."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone has been paying attention in the other thread about the disorder that Poptech claims to have. This is another example of failing to understand the concept of degrees or nuance. It meets his definition so therefor it is absolute and irrefutable in his broken mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fuzzy: meanwhile you are still off topic. Does that meet your etiquette standard?

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    This is another example of failing to understand the concept of degrees or nuance. It meets his definition so therefor it is absolute and irrefutable in his broken mind.
    I understand degrees and nuance very well. I also understand the lies about no WMDs being found in Iraq, those comments are not "nuanced".

Were WMDs found in Iraq?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fuzzy: meanwhile you are still off topic. Does that meet your etiquette standard?
    Sure but starting redundant threads does not. Birthing threads bore me. Sorry about that.

Thread Information