May 18, 2012 - "The Last Emperor" is nearing his last days.

Fedor Emelianenko, the Russian heavyweight who UFC president Dana White acknowledges as the only major name that he's never been able to sign, says he will call it quits following his June 21 fight against Pedro Rizzo.

He made the statement in an interview on Russian language television.

Russian MMA journalist Artem Yalanskiy provided MMA Fighting with a translation of the key exchange of the interview.

"My previous fight was in Moscow and my last fight will be in St. Petersburg on June 21st," Emelianenko says. "It will be the last fight in my career."

"Is this your final decision?" the interviewer asks.

"Yes," Emelianenko says, "I think it's time to end my career.

Emelianenko said the primary reason for his retirement is to spend more time with his family, but he also mentioned the mounting toll of injuries from a career spent in MMA and sambo.
    http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2012...-june-21-fight

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    Most overrated fighter in MMA history.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count
    Prime Fedor was as good as anyone. He was only overrated after he started fighting in Affliction.

Post Count
    He is a legend and he is over-rated.. His fans say he is the GOAT whenever his name comes up. If anything all the hate Dana gave him made his fanbase dig in harder in regards to his legacy. The excuses over his opponents and refusal to sign with the UFC became a running joke after a while. He was reportedly offered 5 million dollars to sign with the UFC and fight Brock when Brock was champion. Fedor signs with SF and fights an ex tire salesman.. His fans claimed The tire salesman was legit.. His legacy was very secure from the Pride days but went no further post Pride.. Forever over-rated IMO all time because he never came to the UFC. But still a legend..

His fight is on now (he is walking to the ring)

Post Count
    Just like I thought, Fedor punches another hole into rizzos head for the tko victory. He looked fast and fresh.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count

Post Count
    Dude is a class act unlike some s in this sport, good luck to him. His chick is pretty hot too.

Dude is a class act/His chick is pretty hot too.
    two very extreme understatements

oh, and that election stealing Putin for that shameless PR move going in there. I was already gonna type this before he even spoke after the fight for just being there in the front row but then he took it to another level

Thread Information