Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, TeyshaBlue, that biography was edited multiple times over the 17 year period he was represented by the literary agent who published it. A lot of the content was changed over that time -- presumably with the knowledge and consent of the author who is the subject of the biography -- and, not once, was the Kenya Birth fact corrected or removed...until, of course, Obama announced his candidacy for President; at which time, he dropped the firm, corrected the biography, and moved on.
    And?

Really yoni, why does any of this matter?

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And?

Really yoni, why does any of this matter?
    You're not interested in knowing why he lied for 17 years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not interested in knowing why he lied for 17 years?
    1) There is no evidence he lied. That is your conspiracy theory.

2) You didn't answer the question. Why does any of this matter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) There is no evidence he lied. That is your conspiracy theory.
    The literary agent's rules required the authors to submit their own biographies. Are suggest that, even if Obama didn't write the original draft, that he never read the damn thing? Remember, this was before he was famous. Being the narcissist he is, I seriously doubt he was unaware of what the biography said -- particularly at a time when he was emerging in fame.

He lied. He allowed the lie to persist for 17 years...through multiple edits.

2) You didn't answer the question. Why does any of this matter?
    Depends on why he lied.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The literary agent's rules required the authors to submit their own biographies. Are suggest that, even if Obama didn't write the original draft, that he never read the damn thing?
    That is a distinct possibility.
    Remember, this was before he was famous. Being the narcissist he is, I seriously doubt he was unaware of what the biography said -- particularly at a time when he was emerging in fame.
    Yeah, the narcissist schtick is another conservative conspiracy theory. You really buy into these hook, line and sinker.

He lied. He allowed the lie to persist for 17 years...through multiple edits.
    No evidence.

Depends on why he lied.
    What would make it relevant at all to today? You'll have to do better than innuendo here. I know that is difficult for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a birther; I've evolved.

I now think it's more likely he used the "Born in Kenya" factoid to scam the admission's process at a school he wanted to attend.
    Which school?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well, TeyshaBlue, that biography was edited multiple times over the 17 year period he was represented by the literary agent who published it. A lot of the content was changed over that time -- presumably with the knowledge and consent of the author who is the subject of the biography -- and, not once, was the Kenya Birth fact corrected or removed...until, of course, Obama announced his candidacy for President; at which time, he dropped the firm, corrected the biography, and moved on.
    It appears to me, in the constellation of biographical works, that this pamplet was less than a minor work. I'm thinking that you are assigning value to it that doesn't exist, outside of a condition of a preconceived notion of conspiracy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How should I know? Obama's school records are off limits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It appears to me, in the constellation of biographical works, that this pamplet was less than a minor work. I'm thinking that you are assigning value to it that doesn't exist, outside of a condition of a preconceived notion of conspiracy.
    I disagree.

The pamphlet (and other publications in which the same biography was reproduced, excerpted, and used) was the official publication of Barack Hussein Obama's literary agent from his first through his last book. These are the people that represented him, as an author of at least two memoirs/autobiographies.

It wasn't less than minor...it was how the agent represented its authors to the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree.

The pamphlet (and other publications in which the same biography was reproduced, excerpted, and used) was the official publication of Barack Hussein Obama's literary agent from his first through his last book. These are the people that represented him, as an author of at least two memoirs/autobiographies.

It wasn't less than minor...it was how the agent represented its authors to the world.
    lol offical

I know you're trying to make this a big deal because you are programmed to, yoni -- but you haven't made it relevant at all.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I disagree.

A presspack? Yes. Less than minor seems to be an accurate descriptor in the sea of biographical works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A presspack? Yes. Less than minor seems to be an accurate descriptor in the sea of biographical works.
    It's OFFICIAL!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What other biographical works, from 1991 to 2007, are there? It's not a very big sea, TeyshaBlue. And, in the sea of biographic works, Obama's literary agent, in the business of advancing the cause of its authors, is a pretty big fish. Did this literary agent produce other biographies of its author, Barack H. Obama, that contradicted this one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What other biographical works, from 1991 to 2007, are there?
    Probably any media profile ever made about Obama throughout his life and career. I'm sure you checked all of those with equal zeal.
    It's not a very big sea, TeyshaBlue.
    Yes, all the print, broadcast and internet media in the world is not a big sea at all.

And, in the sea of biographic works, Obama's literary agent, in the business of advancing the cause of its authors, is a pretty big fish.
    Which is why no one heard of it until three and a half years after he was elected President of the United States.

Even Breitbart missed it back then.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There are approx 200,000 books published in the US each year.

The sea is plenty large.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are approx 200,000 books published in the US each year.

The sea is plenty large.
    No, how many biographies of Barack Obama were published between 1991 and 2007?

The sea of biographical information pertaining to him is not that big and, in the sea of biographical information pertaining to him, Acton & Dystel was the whale. It used the referenced biography in all its publications, in which Obama was mentioned, from 1991 to 2007. In that time, the biographical sketch was edited multiple times -- presumably at the request and with the knowledge of its subject, Barack Obama -- and, not once, was the error corrected. Well, not until he decided to seek the office of President.

It's a curious question. I'm not asking you to be curious but, I think a media that spent considerable time on an interracial relationship had by Sarah Palin, in her younger days, would be curious about why this error was allowed to persist by Obama.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So to sum up yoni's thread..he's assuming and assiging motives..all that portray Obama in a negative light..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can think of one from 1995 that clearly states he was born in Hawaii.

Maybe you heard of it.

Now do you think, in the sea of biographies, this is a bigger or smaller fish than a publishing agent's blurb?
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 05-21-2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: changed pic source

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

The sea of biographical information pertaining to him is not that big and, in the sea of biographical information pertaining to him, Acton & Dystel was the whale. It used the referenced biography in all its publications, in which Obama was mentioned, from 1991 to 2007. In that time, the biographical sketch was edited multiple times -- presumably at the request and with the knowledge of its subject, Barack Obama -- and, not once, was the error corrected. Well, not until he decided to seek the office of President.

It's a curious question. I'm not asking you to be curious but, I think a media that spent considerable time on an interracial relationship had by Sarah Palin, in her younger days, would be curious about why this error was allowed to persist by Obama.
    The "presumably" is the problem. Presumed by who? Other than yourself, that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How should I know? Obama's school records are off limits.
    Do the schools Obama attended really give admission breaks to Kenyan born citizens?

How did he prove he was Kenyan by birth? Did he simply show them a pamphlet that said he was?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "presumably" is the problem. Presumed by who? Other than yourself, that is.
    If you employed a literary agent would you read the biography of you they published? I damn sure would. As a newly published author, I'd probably frame the biographical sketch.

Not to mention, this literary agent (as most do) require their authors to submit their own biographies.

This is a 1991 Obama, not the world famous President Obama of 2012.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the schools Obama attended really give admission breaks to Kenyan born citizens?
    if I know.

How did he prove he was Kenyan by birth? Did he simply show them a pamphlet that said he was?
    He made it on the ballot of all 57 states with less. But, I'd be interested to see his school records from Occidental, Columbia, and Harvard.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If you employed a literary agent would you read the biography of you they published? I damn sure would. As a newly published author, I'd probably frame the biographical sketch.

Not to mention, this literary agent (as most do) require their authors to submit their own biographies.

This is a 1991 Obama, not the world famous President Obama of 2012.
    So, we're still firmly ensconsed in presumption. Ok. Enjoy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Obama even though you don't.

He made it on the ballot of all 57 states with less. But, I'd be interested to see his school records from Occidental, Columbia, and Harvard.
    seems to me it would be a rather easy call to make to inquire about admission assistance for Kenyan born citizens, just for starters.

....if you were really interested that is....but I doubt you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Obama even though you don't.
    I simply think it's curious. Why are you so defensive on his behalf?

seems to me it would be a rather easy call to make to inquire about admission assistance for Kenyan born citizens, just for starters.
    It's been done and I know the general answer but, without knowing whether or not Obama presented himself has Hawaiian born or Kenyan born, at admissions, it's a moot point.

If you were curious, you would know as much as I do.

....if you were really interested that is....but I doubt you are.
    The point is the lack of curiosity by the press...not me.

Thread Information