Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we do face OKC in the conference Finals; I was noticing the Spurs record vs OKC the last three years is 8-2. Spurs beat them twice this year without Ginobili and it was before we got Diaw and Jackson as well. Their team has pretty much remained same with the exception of Fisher. Not saying it will be easy, but for some reason we have their number.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs match up better with the Thunder than they do the Lakers, but this will by no means be an easy task. OKC is playing with a lot of confidence right now.

Regular season =/= post season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Them boys are ballin' right now. Good news is: so are the Spurs. This series could be epic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fisher reminds me of .4 memories

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs beat Derek Fisher and the Jazz in 2007. Would be real nice for San Antonio to do it again against Fisher and OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know im probably one of the few who thinks the spurs can finish okc in a sweep or at very least 5 but if you look back at the two games we won we were in control pretty much the whole game and we were without Ginobili,Jackson, and Diaw. Another factor is leonard I think he is going to be huge against the thunder, he played Durant well and also I don't know why but he seems to have played some of his best games this year against the thunder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know im probably one of the few who thinks the spurs can finish okc in a sweep
    I think it's entirely possible that the spurs can sweep okc but it's also possible that okc beats us in 6 or 7. Which is why I might need to get a prescription for valium before it's all said and done.

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs match up better with the Thunder than they do the Lakers, but this will by no means be an easy task. OKC is playing with a lot of confidence right now.

This. The past means nothing. OKC is playing the best they ever have, and Westbrook is playing the best ball of his career. This will be a tough series, but i'm confident the Spurs can do it with the right scheming. It's gonna be a fight. Go Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a good thing OKC has a ty coach. That might end up making all the difference in the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a good thing OKC has a ty coach. That might end up making all the difference in the world.
    I wouldnt say brooks is that bad of a coach but while he isn't anywere near pops level he is better than vinny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooks isn't that bad of a coach tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC hasn't played the current version of the Spurs so you can throw out all records.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's entirely possible that the spurs can sweep okc but it's also possible that okc beats us in 6 or 7. Which is why I might need to get a prescription for valium before it's all said and done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are going to be way more of the 'ugly wins' on both sides than what Spurs fans have seen in recent memory no matter how the series goes. I think it's a 6 game minimum series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ty coach and really young guys who don't have anywhere near the experience that our guys do. Plus, with Timmy turning back the clock like he has they have almost no prayer of stopping him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are going to be way more of the 'ugly wins' on both sides than what Spurs fans have seen in recent memory no matter how the series goes. I think it's a 6 game minimum series.
    yeh Spurs fans need to prepare themselves....there will be loses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our young guys love to step up against the Thunder..

they destroyed our will to play td4mvp3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i understand the sentiment, but that doesn't quite do the OP justice. it's one thing to point to something like the one game the heat or bulls won against the spurs and say "regular season is not the playoffs" because it points out the obvious: the one game can hardly be seen as much of a barometer considering even the clippers beat the spurs once, so given more games, maybe the result is different.

but to dismiss that dominant of a record seems odd: were we saying that the reg season wasn't a barometer when the spurs faced the grizz or clips? and it would be another thing if the okc win had come against the current incarnation of the spurs later in the season as opposed to a game that had parker and blair leave at halftime, ginobili out for the game, and durant and westbrook foregoing their normal minutes just to secure a 12-point victory.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeh Spurs fans need to prepare themselves....there will be loses.
    The Spurs fans are going to melt down when the team finally loses. It's how the team responds to it that matters the most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah we're 8-2 against them with our only losses being @OKC and one being without Manu. . . but the Thunder are still the best team left in the playoffs besides us. The WCF is pretty much the "real Finals". Whoever either team happens to face in the Finals is going to lose to the west. Even Miami won't beat either team.

Fisher reminds me of .4 memories
    Well hopefully the clock person starts the clock when it touches Fisher's hands this time instead of waiting half a second first again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting, because I think it'll be over in five or six . . . in favor of the Spurs. I've been thinking five for a few months, but with how obscenely well the Spurs are shooting the ball and with some recent slippage in their play (without getting the inevitable streak snapping loss out of the way in advance), at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they lose one of the first two and the series extended to six.

I'll hold off on making my final prediction for now, but either way, I don't see the Thunder being able to get this to seven. I'm not suggesting it's going to be easy or the Spurs are going to coast, because I don't believe either to be the case. But I do think there's a bigger gap between the two teams than the vast majority seem to realize.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs fans are going to melt down when the team finally loses. It's how the team responds to it that matters the most.
    If their reactions to being down 24 and last night are any indication, they should be ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus it's not like OKC is dominating they are not blowing out teams or anything it should be interesting. The Spurs have been beating teams by an average 10 plus points during winning streak and they have only lost twice in the last 32 or so games.
    Last edited by TP2150; 05-21-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Thread Information