My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/#!/ImMe_JSimms/s...38107390689282

Flight to San Antonio workout wit the Spurs n the a.m

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread le updated for spurraider21 I assume he's going to be posting in here a lot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season Tm G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    2013-14 AUS 44 12 23.2 3.8 7.3 .525 0.6 2.0 .284 3.3 5.3 .615 1.6 2.3 .707 1.6 3.0 4.5 1.4 1.0 0.4 1.1 2.1 9.8
    2014-15 AUS 50 28 33.7 5.5 11.2 .495 1.0 2.6 .398 4.5 8.6 .523 3.1 4.1 .750 1.0 3.3 4.3 3.7 1.0 0.4 2.9 3.2 15.2
    Career 94 40 28.8 4.7 9.4 .506 0.8 2.3 .352 3.9 7.1 .556 2.4 3.2 .736 1.3 3.1 4.4 2.6 1.0 0.4 2.1 2.7 12.7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if chip can help fine-tune his outside shot, this guy has a chance to be a real player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the guy looks good, to me. throws it down like a young Manu. led them to a sl championship. i still think it's weird to have this guy out there, instead of a Hanga or Dangubic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the guy looks good, to me. throws it down like a young Manu. led them to a sl championship. i still think it's weird to have this guy out there, instead of a Hanga or Dangubic.
    I think it's weird as well, though I was not expecting Hanga. I really wasn't paying much attention to Simmons last year with the Austin Spurs, so seeing his play now assures me that the Spurs are making a wise decision investing in such a talent. Hoping he meshes well with the other guys and system, but I really think his skill set makes it impossible not to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, he's younger than Hanga and significantly better. He's also better than Nemanja, but he's older. Dangubic probably won't be ready until next year at least. So I wouldn't fret about Simmons getting a spot over him this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, he's younger than Hanga and significantly better. He's also better than Nemanja, but he's older. Dangubic probably won't be ready until next year at least. So I wouldn't fret about Simmons getting a spot over him this year.
    , Simmons looked A LOT better than D'Angelo Russel and many other 1st round picks.

Difference is he's matured being 25 years old -- which bodes well for where the Spurs are presently at as a franchise being contenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing for us restless fans is the fact that we will see if Simmons is for real or not now, in year 1.
    He looks real good, a diamond in the ruff type, but with kind of an expiration date.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should be his nickname.... Jonathon "Who?" Simmons!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should be his nickname.... Jonathon "Who?" Simmons!!!
    Hahahaha definitly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given his current play, how high would the 29th pick + Simmons get the Spurs? High teens?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dleague update: I watched Simmons in the most recent dleague game and his lack of shooting is very apparent. He has no midrange game so everything is a drive and his loose handle causes him to fumble the ball at times (and he carries the ball a lot, practically everyone does it in the NBA I know, but it's very noticeable for him bc he's not a fast dribbler at all).

When he's cut on the drive he puts up a floater that is really a prayer whether it goes in or not. They are having him off the ball more this season than they did the last. He was subbed as a 3 most of the time than as a 2. Austin played 2 guard lineups at times, but these guards were unimpressive lacking both shooting and passing skill. There were no opportunities for Simmons to be cutting or making plays off the ball and in transition, IMO his real impressive scoring talent. I watched him last season and wow Kyle Anderson found him for many scoring opportunities that are not there in Austin this season. Everything was a drive, or maybe a set 3 pt shot he missed.

He ran some PnR with Boban but he doesn't have a good feeling for setting Boban up for shots. He's swarmed on the PnR and his poor panhandling makes him worry about the ball, plus 90% of the time he was looking for a play for himself on the PnR not for Bobam. He didn't take advantage of Boban's dominance to set him up for shots. Tried to just use the pick to get to the rim and was unsuccessful at times, bc of his handles, but did get to the rim a few times.

He had some nice passes though, specially finding shooters, but this iteration of the Austin Spurs lacks in the shooting department, therefore he wouldn't be credited with an assist. If there was anything that stood out from him that game it's his talent as a passer, specialky finding shooters. Unfortunately him not having good enough handles to run a lot of offense through him much negates that talent.

Really unsure that these Austin games do much for him at this point but encourage him to shoot the 3 and keep him in good shape. Ironically, though the NBA offers better compe ion, it also offers better teammates and he's looked better in the Spurs than in the dleague bc there are good passers in the Spurs that can set him up for shots, whereas in Austin this season without Anderson there are none.

The game just confirmed that he has a limited ceiling, but he can still be a nice roleplayer and partner for Anderson if he was at least able to improve on his 3 pts shooting and his fouling rate.

The same defensive mistakes that we saw from him in the NBA were on display in the dleague, including some silly fouls, but he's backing off guys a bit more. Hopefully, he can improve defensively, bc I think that is the key for Pop ultimately.

Thread Information