Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why are the buildings in San Antonio so small..especially downtown. Pathetic skyline, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I also noticed San Antonio has some of the worst drivers in this country.

I just moved here 3 weeks ago and have already seen that I never saw in my entire life back in California.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    This thread is worthless without a Buddy Holly meltdown tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Seriously though, can one of the civil engineers here give an answer as to whether a skyscraper can be stable when the average weight of those in it is 260+?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Seriously though, can one of the civil engineers here give an answer as to whether a skyscraper can be stable when the average weight of those in it is 260+?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Regarding traffic in SA,

The 1604 Loop and the 410 Loop are both good ideas yet very poorly executed.

Why in the in The 1604 only a true freeway(no traffic lights) only at the Northern arc? Why in the world would there be a freeway with traffic lights? LOL at the traffic pileup everyday past Bandera Rd on the 1604. The alleged superstreet really helps none.

Also no overpasses from the 1604 to the 281? LOL

and also LOL @ cloverleaf interchanges at the 35 and the 1604. Road infrastructure in San Antonio is just laughable and comparable to some small town in Iowa as far as I am concerned.

One last thing..

I have never seen people get so worked up over the possibility of toll roads. Are people in SA really that poor or can they not understand that toll roads are going to be built as an option...not a mandate?

Otherwise, San Antonio has charming elements and potential. But the roads suck almost as badly as the drivers here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Fewer steps, the better tbh... San Antonian fat s would probably chose to roast instead of the 50 floors of stairs in case of an emergency.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    what I was gonna say

UTSA engineers don't have anywhere near the skill level required for building a sky scraper capable of supporting so much weight while also having the proper plumbing for someone ting out his cabana bowl 40 feet above ground.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Why ElNono did you kill our resident UTSA engineer? This was an important question that needed answering.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    FkLA was gonna bring skyscrapers to San Antonio

ElNono ruined it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Duncan Donuts on the 50th floor observation deck

We'll miss the great view of all the housing projects nearby

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Duncan Donuts on the 50th floor observation deck

We'll miss the great view of all the housing projects nearby

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My first night here some friends took me downtown.

Once I got done laughing at how ty it all looked, they decided to take me "uptown" to some crap off Broadway just inside the 410 Loop called Alamo Heights.

If that is what San Antonio considers upscale, then well, I just don't know.

I did hook up with another group of friends and they took me to some nice places. Stone Oak seemed nice as did some areas near the 1604 and Blanco but a lot of San Antonio just seems so 'meh and ing rough.

Nice people for the most part but then again I don't speak Spanish that well so I have no clue what they are saying.

I guess it was true when people told me Texas ended when you crossed into San Antonio city limits.

All in all, North Mexico isn't so bad I guess. Just wish there could be a few less careless drivers.

Name
    Huey
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

Name
    Huey
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    My first night here some friends took me downtown.

Once I got done laughing at how ty it all looked, they decided to take me "uptown" to some crap off Broadway just inside the 410 Loop called Alamo Heights.

If that is what San Antonio considers upscale, then well, I just don't know.

I did hook up with another group of friends and they took me to some nice places. Stone Oak seemed nice as did some areas near the 1604 and Blanco but a lot of San Antonio just seems so 'meh and ing rough.

Nice people for the most part but then again I don't speak Spanish that well so I have no clue what they are saying.

I guess it was true when people told me Texas ended when you crossed into San Antonio city limits.

All in all, North Mexico isn't so bad I guess. Just wish there could be a few less careless drivers.
    They are all over the state tbh. You need to take a trip over here in Fort Worth, is unbelievable. I almost got hit by a cop the other day

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Anyone ever noticed that all the fake black posters on spurstalk tend to gravitate together in the same threads?
    What else are they gonna do get a fake job? Good luck with that one there buddy.

I'm gonna assume the "alamo heights" they took you to was the 50/50. And by upscale they mean "done their best to keep the minorities out. They have city codes that keep apartments from being built and .

silverblk mystix
    Someone told me that the "mothers of the Alamo" are responsible for the ty skyline.

Something about never approving a building project if the look isn't in line with Alamo/spanish architecture.

I had a lot of the same impressions after living in Cali half my life and coming back to Texas...freeways/I-35 is a joke (two in' lanes)

no proper roadway signage until you are actually on the street and still don't know the name of it...

Exits and onramps on the same side of the road and within a 1/4 mile of each other (cars exiting freeway running into cars trying to merge onto fwy---genius!)

Gigantic multi-trillion dollar Churches/places of worship that are everywhere...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I also noticed San Antonio has some of the worst drivers in this country.

I just moved here 3 weeks ago and have already seen that I never saw in my entire life back in California.
    indeed we do have ty drivers here!

leaving for work 2 days ago, i come out of my apartment to find a nice huge dent in my bumper from some dip . sucks!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    How far through the marl does one have to dig to get to any bedrock? Marl will only support so much weight. This might be a reason why.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sa is the big little city that can't. I think the skyline is actually a result of them not wanting any modern looking buildings. Sa tries to hard but contradicts itself in every way. Oh and have you driven on the west side yet? Those siders are trying to get you to hit them. They want your insurance money wey.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Why ElNono did you kill our resident UTSA engineer? This was an important question that needed answering.
    O.J Simpson style

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That 1604 East to 35 exchange is really ed. The road signs tell you to get into one lane then you have to emergency switch to get to the proper lane at the last second to get onto 35N.

1604 at 281 is always fun.

I remember when they were trying to come up with a name for the Frijoler Dome. All the wrangling and contests and what do you know, they picked "Alamo". Shocking.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sa is the big little city that can't. I think the skyline is actually a result of them not wanting any modern looking buildings. Sa tries to hard but contradicts itself in every way. Oh and have you driven on the west side yet? Those siders are trying to get you to hit them. They want your insurance money wey.
    They have to match the aqua blue freeway houses with flowers planted in tires and those flamingos sticking out of the ground. You know, the ones with bars on the windows because houses like that have great treasures inside.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Agree with everything said in this thread so far.

SA is such a hole and I love when people defend it like it's something it's not.

I understand that folks that were born and raised there love their city, as they should, but if those same idiots ever traveled outside of loop 1604 to other places in the country, they'd see what garbage they live in.

But, like I said, it's their garbage, and for some reason, they love it.

Oh, and I also really like when locals refer to the drive to Austin as a "road trip".

00 06 12 13 20 21 32 44 5 bus driver's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    indeed we do have ty drivers here!

leaving for work 2 days ago, i come out of my apartment to find a nice huge dent in my bumper from some dip . sucks!
    i was in a parking lot and this car begins to reverse out but she pulls out straight , it took the damn about 3 minutes to get out of the spot. it reminded me of the austin powers golf cart scene

Thread Information