Page 115 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 5238
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post4666035

Here is my summation of your capacitor stupidity which is when you became partschanger.
    Again, your self delusion of responding to what you think a person meant, instead of what they actually said. maybe it would help if you understood the field of study, for context.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I think at this point, even you are beginning to realize the data are increasingly stacked against your denial that humans are causing the changes we are seeing in climate patterns.
    You are delusional. Is Fuzzy wearing off on you? I acknowledge AGW is real. Why do you deny what I have repeatedly said over the years?

Can you show me anyplace, I have said AGW is not real?

I disagree with the degree of warming associated with greenhouse gas emissions. I say they are not as much as claimed. Plesase note, I am also on record as saying land use changes and soot cause more AGW than they are given credit for.

You and Fuzzy should get a room.

That would explain the temper tantrums.
    I will agree to getting very, very pissed at repeated idiotic notions people present.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

Here is your solubility chart
    Solar burp stupidity:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post5667710

I had completely forgot how you didn't understand that the reaction to make water out of hydrogen was combustion.
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post4666035

Here is my summation of your capacitor stupidity which is when you became partschanger.
    What a basement dwelling loser, pinning on the wall references of years past for later use...

I really do wonder how pathetic your life is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a basement dwelling loser, pinning on the wall references of years past for later use...

I used the search function and it took me about 5 minutes and now you've been exposed for the full of individual that you are. Flail away if it makes you feel better, partschanging burp-catcher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, if you are going to claim that I misinterpreted then yure supposed to demonstrate the proper interpretation. When you don't --and you never do-- you look like an even bigger idiot.

Your simpleton attempts are never hard to decipher.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    BTW, if you are going to claim that I misinterpreted then yure supposed to demonstrate the proper interpretation. When you don't --and you never do-- you look like an even bigger idiot.

Your simpleton attempts are never hard to decipher.
    I thought the past times I set you straight were good enough.

You must really get your jollies by trying to waste other people's time. I pity that you don't have better things to do than be a flaimebaiting troll.

You are pathetic!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the past times I set you straight were good enough.

You must really get your jollies by trying to waste other people's time. I pity that you don't have better things to do than be a flaimebaiting troll.

You are pathetic!
    Actions speak louder than words, dimwit. You don't even argue the science anymore. Instead you do this cowardly dissembling.

You remind me of Scientologists when you start questioning them on some of their more inane beliefs. They try this "I Know something but I just won't tell you" megalomania like you are doing here.

It's all you have left.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Actions speak louder than words, dimwit. You don't even argue the science anymore. Instead you do this cowardly dissembling.

You remind me of Scientologists when you start questioning them on some of their more inane beliefs. They try this "I Know something but I just won't tell you" megalomania like you are doing here.

It's all you have left.
    I'm just tired of repeating myself to someone who is too stupid to remember my position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just tired of repeating myself to someone who is too stupid to remember my position.
    Does anyone here at this forum believe Wild Dimwit? I mean after all he's only been quoted verbatim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every month from October 2015-April 2016 has now had a departure of 1 degree Celsius or greater above the 1951-1980 average used by NASA. The departure from average in a single month had never exceeded 1 degree Celsius prior to October dating back to 1880.

Top Seven NASA Global Month Temperature Departure From Average (Degrees Celsius) Since 1880
    February 2016 +1.33
    ˚ Celsius
    March 2016 +1.29
    ˚ Celsius
    January 2016 +1.11
    ˚ Celsius
    April 2016 +1.11
    ˚ Celsius
    December 2015 +1.10
    ˚ Celsius
    October 2015 +1.07
    ˚ Celsius
    November 2015 +1.01
    ˚ Celsius

April 2016 also continues a string of 369 consecutive months at or warmer than average. The last colder-than-average month in NASA's database was July 1985
    https://weather.com/news/climate/new...ril-earth-2016

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Who cares. We know there is warming. Can you tell us how much is from natural sources? Of the AGW causes, can you tell us how much is from solar changes, atmospheric transparency changes, greenhouse gasses, and land use changes?

These are the important questions. The breakdown of the components.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares.
    is global-warming consequence free?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you tell us how much is from natural sources? Of the AGW causes, can you tell us how much is from solar changes, atmospheric transparency changes, greenhouse gasses, and land use changes?
    nope. can you?

if not, who do you trust to explain global warning and why?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    is global-warming consequence free?
    Prove the variables individually. There is very little we can do, because greenhouse gasses are not the devil the pundits say they are.

Look at soot, land use changes, and the way to cool would be to add non soot type aerosols into the atmosphere.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    nope. can you?

if not, who do you trust to explain global warning and why?
    As many times as I have explained the different variable, you deny a word of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prove the variables individually. There is very little we can do, because greenhouse gasses are not the devil the pundits say they are.

Look at soot, land use changes, and the way to cool would be to add non soot type aerosols into the atmosphere.
    So why do you think a solar burp exploding in the upper atmosphere could cause rain for over a month and not cook the Earth with the energy released by said explosion. Please be specifics with some maths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are delusional. Is Fuzzy wearing off on you? I acknowledge AGW is real. Why do you deny what I have repeatedly said over the years?

I disagree with the degree of warming associated with greenhouse gas emissions. I say they are not as much as claimed. Plesase note, I am also on record as saying land use changes and soot cause more AGW than they are given credit for.

You and Fuzzy should get a room.

I will agree to getting very, very pissed at repeated idiotic notions people present.
    So then how do you explain the accelerating temperature variances?

The only thing really accelerating is CO2 concentration.

At some point even you will be unable to deny that

1) Yes there is a warming trend and
    2) this is due to humans burning fossil fuels

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since I can't get an honest answer to my fair question:

Yes, even a flawed poll can tell us more than we knew before, and can yield useful data.

But, better than a poll, is what scientists themselves say, without a filter of a poll. Let's see what a group of scientists say in their own words.

Global warming is already having significant and harmful effects on our communities, our health, and our climate. Sea level rise is accelerating. The number of large wildfires is growing. Dangerous heat waves are becoming more common. Extreme storm events are increasing in many areas. More severe droughts are occurring in others.

We must take immediate action to address global warming or these consequences will continue to intensify, grow ever more costly, and increasingly affect the entire planet—including you, your community, and your family.

The good news is that we have the practical solutions at hand to dramatically reduce our carbon emissions, slow the pace of global warming, and pass on a healthier, safer world to future generations.

With your help, we can accomplish it.

Together, we can tackle global warming.

Global warming is happening now. The planet's temperature is rising. The trend is clear and unmistakable.

Every one of the past 38 years has been warmer than the 20th century average. The 12 warmest years on record have all occurred since 1998. The hottest year ever recorded for the contiguous United States occurred in 2012.

Globally, the average surface temperature has increased more than one degree Fahrenheit since the late 1800s. Most of that increase has occurred over just the past three decades.

We are the cause. We are overloading our atmosphere with carbon dioxide, which traps heat and steadily drives up the planet’s temperature. Where does all this carbon come from? The fossil fuels we burn for energy—coal, natural gas, and oil—plus the loss of forests due to deforestation, especially in the tropics.

The scientific evidence is clear. Within the scientific community, there is no debate. An overwhelming majority of climate scientists agree that global warming is happening and that human activity is the primary cause.
    http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming

Seems pretty unambiguous.

They are better qualified thank Wild Cobra will ever be.

I am, as always left with the rather unified voice of people who are experts in their field.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Today’s rate of increase [in CO2 concentration] is more than 100 times faster than the increase that occurred when the last ice age ended."

~ NOAA Media Release (2013)
    ~ Scripps (SIO UCSD) News Release (2013)

Atmospheric CO2 is rising at an unprecedented rates. Consequences are profound for earth's temperatures, climates, ecosystems and species, both on land and in the oceans. To see whether the speeding rise of atmospheric CO2 is slowing or speeding up, take a look at the bend in the iconic Keeling Curve. Or, is the rate of change speeding up or slowing down? The answer can be seen in the direction of the bend in the Keeling Curve. And it can be seen in the data that produces the Keeling Curve.
    https://www.co2.earth/co2-acceleration

This is the only variable that is steadily, inexorably climbing, hand in hand with the increases in temperature, and changes in weather patterns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I will maintain my contention that temperature drives CO2. CO2 does not drive temperature.

As for the warming since 1850, and flattening out, look at the solar trending:
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=1#post5458330

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "flattening out"

I can see why Wile E. Cobra is reduced to spluttering.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    So then how do you explain the accelerating temperature variances?

The only thing really accelerating is CO2 concentration.

At some point even you will be unable to deny that

1) Yes there is a warming trend and
    2) this is due to humans burning fossil fuels
    Yes, there is a warming trend.

Only part of it is due to burning fossil fuels. There is still no solid quantification with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, there is a warming trend.

Only part of it is due to burning fossil fuels. There is still no solid quantification with it.
    Global warming is already having significant and harmful effects on our communities, our health, and our climate. Sea level rise is accelerating. The number of large wildfires is growing. Dangerous heat waves are becoming more common. Extreme storm events are increasing in many areas. More severe droughts are occurring in others.

We must take immediate action to address global warming or these consequences will continue to intensify, grow ever more costly, and increasingly affect the entire planet—including you, your community, and your family.

The good news is that we have the practical solutions at hand to dramatically reduce our carbon emissions, slow the pace of global warming, and pass on a healthier, safer world to future generations.

With your help, we can accomplish it.

Together, we can tackle global warming.

Global warming is happening now. The planet's temperature is rising. The trend is clear and unmistakable.

Every one of the past 38 years has been warmer than the 20th century average. The 12 warmest years on record have all occurred since 1998. The hottest year ever recorded for the contiguous United States occurred in 2012.

Globally, the average surface temperature has increased more than one degree Fahrenheit since the late 1800s. Most of that increase has occurred over just the past three decades.

We are the cause. We are overloading our atmosphere with carbon dioxide, which traps heat and steadily drives up the planet’s temperature. Where does all this carbon come from? The fossil fuels we burn for energy—coal, natural gas, and oil—plus the loss of forests due to deforestation, especially in the tropics.

The scientific evidence is clear. Within the scientific community, there is no debate. An overwhelming majority of climate scientists agree that global warming is happening and that human activity is the primary cause.
    http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming

Seems pretty unambiguous.

We don't need perfect knowledge to take reasonable steps to mitigate potential risk, and the data gets less and less ambiguous year after year.

After another 20 years of warming, what will you say then?

(shakes head)

Thread Information