Page 23 of 210 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they're manipulating the data!

Choosing to only show that time period is a form of manipulation.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I got this far FuzzNuts, and stopped:

Seasonal effects of temperature and salinity on the partial pressure of CO2 in seawater

"seasonal..." Trying to make me die laughing? Where is the long term change?

What about when there is more warming year round? What about when the annual averages increase?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Don't you get it FuzzNuts...

I'll try this simplification.

If I have a temperature in which the seasonal high and seasonal lows cancel each other out for a net effect of zero, then we are in balance for the year. If I raise my average annual global water temperature, then the seasonal high temperature causes more sourcing than before, and the seasonal low causes less sinking of CO2. Now we have a net source. The reverse is true is we cool the average annual waters. The sourcing effect is less, and the sinking effect is more, for an annual average sinking effect.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Is 200 years not relevant?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got this far FuzzNuts, and stopped:

Seasonal effects of temperature and salinity on the partial pressure of CO2 in seawater

"seasonal..." Trying to make me die laughing? Where is the long term change?

What about when there is more warming year round? What about when the annual averages increase?
    Thats the source of your solubility chart you dumbass. Look at it. Notice the name Weiss? You are now arguing that your chart that you have been using for the last two years is bad.

You are really ing dumb.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say it was irrelevant. I'm saying it is manipulative. It has been standard practice of the agw crowd to try and scare people into agreeing with them. Showing only 200 years is a great way to say look at the huge temp e, you're all going to die, be afraid. They could show this temp graph but the average person wouldn't find it quite as scary.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Thats the source of your solubility chart you dumbass. Look at it. Notice the name Weiss? You are now arguing that your chart that you have been using for the last two years is bad.

You are really ing dumb.
    No, I'm not saying Weiss' chart is bad. You are too stupid to understand the nuances.

Why do you say it's bad?

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pointed you to BEST. You said it was diversion because you're ignorant of what BEST actually is and what questions they answered.

If you want the answer as to why the methods were changed then consult the literature on every temperature (or really ANY large dataset) dataset. Why are there series of each of them? They develop new methods for making them more accurate. (this is exactly what BEST was an audit over)

You see not every square inch of the earth has a thermometer sitting within it. Some areas are sampled more than others. THAT is why we must use normalization and other statistical sampling methods to come up with a global temperature average. These methods change as scientists try new things and find things that are more accurate. The old you're now digging up was exactly why a study like BEST was done. The data is fully public as are the methods and the results are almost exactly the same as every temperature dataset shows.

Your has been addressed so man times its not funny. This is exactly like when you wondered why no one tried to use climate models to forecast the current climate with old data.
    I see; you can't answer the direct question. Thanks.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    That's my complaint about these AGW lemmings.

They will link material all day long, but they cannot put it in their own words, showing that they understand what they are agreeing with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I'm not saying Weiss' chart is bad. You are too stupid to understand the nuances.

Why do you say it's bad?
    I understand the nuance where you have been trying to use the chart using his formula to derive to demonstrate that the ocean has just been fizzinlg like a soda to explain the long term trends. So its okay for you to use the data with made up numbers over a long period of time but when scientists use it in their models with actual empirical data it's not?

I will ask the question again: does anyone on this board think that another semiregular poster is dumber than WC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the context of cycles that run eons? Probably not.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I understand the nuance where you have been trying to use the chart using his formula to derive to demonstrate that the ocean has just been fizzinlg like a soda to explain the long term trends. So its okay for you to use the data with made up numbers over a long period of time but when scientists use it in their models with actual empirical data it's not?

I will ask the question again: does anyone on this board think that another semiregular poster is dumber than WC?
    Idiot.

That study has nothing to do with long term, change. It says "seasonal."

Please... quote me the part you think matters, or put it I your own words.

Notice in your quoted formula where it show the net uptake, that it treats temperature and salinity as another variable... What happens when temperature changes?

This article acknowledges temperature has an effect. It however does not quantify that effect as a long term net change. It is a seasonal study.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um what? Thats the time frame covered by the BEST study and thats their graphic. Why on earth would they show more?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say it was irrelevant. I'm saying it is manipulative. It has been standard practice of the agw crowd to try and scare people into agreeing with them. Showing only 200 years is a great way to say look at the huge temp e, you're all going to die, be afraid. They could show this temp graph but the average person wouldn't find it quite as scary.

I find it really scary that you said my chart with error bars was manipulative and yours with a thin line to a time before instrumentation as somehow honest.

REALLY?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If thats what you want to take from this then go right ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the context of cycles that run eons? Probably not.
    According to your scientific expertise in the matter, correct?

Its VERY significant. I actually study the climate. I don't just read blogs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other news, the arctic is now being forecast to break the all time low in sea ice extent. Its already set record lows for the dates in the season.

http://www.arcus.org/search/seaiceoutlook/2012/june

But no, its not really warming.
    Since the beginning of time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Its been ice free before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to your scientific expertise in the matter, correct?

Its VERY significant. I actually study the climate. I don't just read blogs.
    I don't care in what is your expertise; 200 hundred years in the context of a planetary life of what is it, 4 billion years, is not significant. I doesn't mean squat.

So, Manny, why did they quit factoring out the heat sink effect when normalizing temperatures?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 minute in the existence of a planet can be relevant. Just because something has existed for a long period of time doesn't mean it can't be changed very quickly. Thats a pretty stupid argument to make.

Go read the BEST study if you want information about temperature calculations. I've told you several times.

PS I know you don't car what people with actual expertise in the field have to say. You've made that quite obvious. You listen to bloggers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 minute in the existence of a planet can be relevant. Just because something has existed for a long period of time doesn't mean it can't be changed very quickly. Thats a pretty stupid argument to make.
    I thought we were talking about a 200 year trend being significant -- not an event.

Go read the BEST study if you want information about temperature calculations. I've told you several times.
    Yes, you've told me several times to go read another study. Probably because you're unable to answer the question.

PS I know you don't car what people with actual expertise in the field have to say. You've made that quite obvious. You listen to bloggers.
    Actually, the blogger I posted was just repeating the assertion of a scientist.

Have the people responsible for analyzing the global temperature changed the manner by which they normalize the raw data? Why? And, to what effect?

Seems like fairly straightforward questions for a person claiming expertise in the field.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gave you the answer. Its not my fault you can't read.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 200 year trend has a cause. Aka an event.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um what? Thats the time frame covered by the BEST study and thats their graphic. Why on earth would they show more?
    Why on earth would they not show more? Clearly they were not opposed to using estimated temps.

Thread Information