Page 52 of 210 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 5243
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Didn't see it was Borowitz at first. Shoot me.
    It was only pointed out on three separate occasions before you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was only pointed out on three separate occasions before you.
    That it was written by Borowitz? No it wasn't.

The New Yorker and borowitz are not synonymous and they do legitimate journalism as well.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    That it was written by Borowitz? No it wasn't.

The New Yorker and borowitz are not synonymous and they do legitimate journalism as well.
    Never thought I'd see the day when Wild Cobra was out-dumbed by FuzzyLumpkins on the same page.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Didn't see it was Borowitz at first. Shoot me.
    If Borowitz were actually funny, it would be easier to recognize his attempts at humor.
    Don't know how the dude holds down that gig tbh.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    If Borowitz were actually funny, it would be easier to recognize his attempts at humor.
    Don't know how the dude holds down that gig tbh.
    Because people like Fuzzy and Boutons believe it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You reconciled the ice shelf falling off the landmass and an increase of ice in the sea? Or are you going to just ignore it so you can blithely believe as you want to believe?
    Why don't you explain it to me. Fall off the landmass. Hmmnm. How can that be, since the ice is melting from underneath, out of sight, out of mind so to speak, until the learned ones, such as you explain it all to us. And what would be the falling rate of this ice falling from the landmass? Since it is setting new records. Must be a sight to behold.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Or one could choose to, you know, actually read the article. Instead one chose to call someone a dumbass for not understanding the article, all the while not understanding the article and making a dumbass of one's self.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I know. The indoctrinated youth like you don't care about the facts.
    So what are the facts WC?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    So what are the facts WC?
    Did you see post 1261?

Our climate is always changing, I do not believe that human activity is causing these dramatic changes to our climate the way these scientists are portraying it, and I do not believe that the laws that they propose we pass will do anything about it, except it will destroy our economy.
    Then there are the facts that climate change has some normal long term patterns. Patterns that young people haven't see repeat, therefore are easily duped.
    Last edited by Wild Cobra; 05-14-2014 at 12:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't you explain it to me. Fall off the landmass. Hmmnm. How can that be, since the ice is melting from underneath, out of sight, out of mind so to speak, until the learned ones, such as you explain it all to us. And what would be the falling rate of this ice falling from the landmass? Since it is setting new records. Must be a sight to behold.
    Us? No it is just you here. If other people want to come in and say that you are their proxy then fine but until then speak for yourself.

Much of the actual earth under the ice in anarctica is below sea level. That and capillary action.

And you seem unfamiliar with the rate of glacial drift. its always been moving. the issue is that now the momentum is such that the ridges and whatnot under the ice are not going to be able to create enough fricition to stop it.

This is all besides the point. Your insipid Al Gore article criticizing the work that was published in the journal Science cites increased ice in the ocean ice. This is ignorant in light of the work which talks of the ice migrating from over land into the ocean.

I will give you a hint though. Even at record speeds, glaciers move really really slow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never thought I'd see the day when Wild Cobra was out-dumbed by FuzzyLumpkins on the same page.
    I can admit that I should have used better scrutiny. I am not going to abandon my ethic of demanding scrutiny in one's sources. It is what it is and I should have been more thorough.

You must be in dip heaven though: Fuzzy made a mistake. What you unsurprisingly fail to understand it is not about being infallible. Everyone makes mistakes. No, it is about the rate by which one makes mistakes and after me ridiculing you for as long as I have you must be pleased as a pig in .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Climate Change Deemed Growing Security Threat by Military Researchers

The accelerating rate of climate change poses a severe risk to national security and acts as a catalyst for global political conflict, a report published Tuesday by a leading government-funded military research organization concluded.

The Center for Naval Analyses Military Advisory Board found that climate change-induced drought in the Middle East and Africa is leading to conflicts over food and water and escalating longstanding regional and ethnic tensions into violent clashes. The report also found that rising sea levels are putting people and food supplies in vulnerable coastal regions like eastern India, Bangladesh and the Mekong Delta in Vietnam at risk and could lead to a new wave of refugees.

In addition, the report predicted that an increase in catastrophic weather events around the world will create more demand for American troops, even as flooding and extreme weather events at home could damage naval ports and military bases.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/05/14...?from=homepage

Large Companies Prepared to Pay Price on Carbon

More than two dozen of the nation’s biggest corporations, including the five major oil companies, are planning their future growth on the expectation that the government will force them to pay a price for carbon pollution as a way to control global warming.

The development is a striking departure from conservative orthodoxy and a reflection of growing divisions between the Republican Party and its business supporters.

A new report by the environmental data company CDP has found that at least 29 companies, some with close ties to Republicans, including Exxon Mobil, Walmart and American Electric Power, are incorporating a price on carbon into their long-term financial plans.

Both supporters and opponents of action to fight global warming say the development is significant because businesses that chart a financial course to make money in a carbon-constrained future could be more inclined to support policies that address climate change.

But unlike the five big oil companies — Exxon Mobil, ConocoPhillips, Chevron, BP and S , all major contributors to the Republican party — Koch Industries, a conglomerate that has played a major role in pushing Republicans away from action on climate change, is ramping up an already-aggressive campaign against climate policy — specifically against any tax or price on carbon. Owned by the billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch, the company includes oil refiners and the paper-goods company Georgia-Pacific.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/05/bu...on-carbon.html

Kock Bros will buy/hire enough tea bagger Congresscritters and lobbyists to obstruct carbon taxing. ALL the Repugs campaiging against AGW and that warming is a planet-wide hoax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you see post 1261?

Then there are the facts that climate change has some normal long term patterns. Patterns that young people haven't see repeat, therefore are easily duped.
    Yes.

So what.

Its a senator's opinion on a science topic.
    You rely on senators and/or gadflys to inform you on science?

So old people (other than old scientists), because they have seen the changes, are more reputable?
    You were born before the industrial revolution and took accurate world wide data... Where is your paper?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I can admit that I should have used better scrutiny. I am not going to abandon my ethic of demanding scrutiny in one's sources. It is what it is and I should have been more thorough.

You must be in dip heaven though: Fuzzy made a mistake. What you unsurprisingly fail to understand it is not about being infallible. Everyone makes mistakes. No, it is about the rate by which one makes mistakes and after me ridiculing you for as long as I have you must be pleased as a pig in .
    Pigs aren't pleased in , quite the opposite actually. Your mistake rate is rising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Us? No it is just you here. If other people want to come in and say that you are their proxy then fine but until then speak for yourself.

Much of the actual earth under the ice in anarctica is below sea level. That and capillary action.

And you seem unfamiliar with the rate of glacial drift. its always been moving. the issue is that now the momentum is such that the ridges and whatnot under the ice are not going to be able to create enough fricition to stop it.

This is all besides the point. Your insipid Al Gore article criticizing the work that was published in the journal Science cites increased ice in the ocean ice. This is ignorant in light of the work which talks of the ice migrating from over land into the ocean.

I will give you a hint though. Even at record speeds, glaciers move really really slow.
    Thank you, now I had to inform you that we have on 500 days left before the world as we know it is gone........

French Foreign Minister: '500 Days to Avoid Climate Chaos'

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...os_792736.html

I am so happy that you explained to me that "the" report as issued by the UN and the "consensus" of scientist are the truth, the absolute truth and nothing but the truth.

Oh, I do understand shift, or slip. The crust of the earth also "slips". And at a surprisingly fast rate. Of course you have heard of earthquakes, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you, now I had to inform you that we have on 500 days left before the world as we know it is gone........

French Foreign Minister: '500 Days to Avoid Climate Chaos'

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...os_792736.html

I am so happy that you explained to me that "the" report as issued by the UN and the "consensus" of scientist are the truth, the absolute truth and nothing but the truth.

Oh, I do understand shift, or slip. The crust of the earth also "slips". And at a surprisingly fast rate. Of course you have heard of earthquakes, right?
    We have established that your earlier link was ignorant bull and you have no refutation. I am not getting mired down with your red herrings.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fabius was referring to the next big United Nations climate conference, scheduled to open in Paris, France in November 2015, or in 565 days’ time

but the right-wing noise-hate machine goes full rabble rousing mode. France? Climate? rednecks, bubbas, red states hate them both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have established that your earlier link was ignorant bull and you have no refutation. I am not getting mired down with your red herrings.
    No it wasn't and you know it. It hit a nerve. But no matter. I will bet you something, I cant prove it and as you cant prove your theory, the world will be here in the next century and people just like we have now will still be yammering about climate change and the world is going to end if you don't live like I tell you to. Just as we have those now who say we are all going to starve to death in xxxx years. All this crap they spew is always, well not always, you do have the French, going to cause problems when we are all dead and gone.

Enjoy your life my friend because unless these idiots get a bunch of stupid laws passed, like they already have, I hope to enjoy what few years I have left. I intend to use all the gasoline I can afford to burn, hope they build more and more coal fired plants to generate electricity, use corn to feed beef (and for my corn on the cob) and what ever else pisses the Liberal idiots off. I think we should pass just one more law, every Conservative gets to boss around a Liberal around and make them go to church every Wednesday and Sunday. And listen to a prayer before every sporting event and graduation. And only Conservatives will be allowed to speak at Universities and anytime they want to. And that all college professors are required to vote a straight Tea Party ticket. Oh, I almost forgot, have a Christmas display on all public lands during the holiday.

C U

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Enjoy your life my friend because unless these idiots get a bunch of stupid laws passed, like they already have, I hope to enjoy what few years I have left. I intend to use all the gasoline I can afford to burn, hope they build more and more coal fired plants to generate electricity, use corn to feed beef (and for my corn on the cob) and what ever else pisses the Liberal idiots off. I think we should pass just one more law, every Conservative gets to boss around a Liberal around and make them go to church every Wednesday and Sunday. And listen to a prayer before every sporting event and graduation. And only Conservatives will be allowed to speak at Universities and anytime they want to. And that all college professors are required to vote a straight Tea Party ticket. Oh, I almost forgot, have a Christmas display on all public lands during the holiday.

C U
    Wow.

These last few years are going to be pure ecstasy.
    You are really a lucky guy to need such simple bizarre requests in the last part of your life.
    Party on Garth...

xrayzebra epitaph:

While I rot 6 feet under the fungus that absorb my Earthly body will release CO2 into the atmosphere,
    Death is good. My revenge is complete. God bless all greenhouse gases.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Yes.

So what.

Its a senator's opinion on a science topic.
    You rely on senators and/or gadflys to inform you on science?

So old people (other than old scientists), because they have seen the changes, are more reputable?
    You were born before the industrial revolution and took accurate world wide data... Where is your paper?
    Not at all.

I posted his original words, showing what the New Yorker twisted them from.

Is that really so difficult to comprehend?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it wasn't and you know it. It hit a nerve. But no matter. I will bet you something, I cant prove it and as you cant prove your theory, the world will be here in the next century and people just like we have now will still be yammering about climate change and the world is going to end if you don't live like I tell you to. Just as we have those now who say we are all going to starve to death in xxxx years. All this crap they spew is always, well not always, you do have the French, going to cause problems when we are all dead and gone.

C U
    lol You hit a nerve?

I talk about capillary effect and the al ude of the earth under the ice sheets and you brought up plate tectonics. Your article was about sea ice and brought up Al Gore. Now you are babbling about armageddon scenarios that nobody but you is talking about.

You don't have any refutation and now you are mad about it. It is what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at all.

I posted his original words, showing what the New Yorker twisted them from.

Is that really so difficult to comprehend?
    WC...

Comprehension? Really?

So where is your paper since you have lived through climate changes?
    I mean , why take the science communities word when your are a virtual historical weather vane since you have... Lived through climate change.

The board awaits your paper.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    WC...

Comprehension? Really?

So where is your paper since you have lived through climate changes?
    I mean , why take the science communities word when your are a virtual historical weather vane since you have... Lived through climate change.

The board awaits your paper.
    What an elitist at ude.

Ever talk to older people about their experiences of weather changes over the decades? It's a common experience among many. It's also common sense. I'm sorry if you think everything you have experienced needs to be peer reviewed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What an elitist at ude.

Ever talk to older people about their experiences of weather changes over the decades? It's a common experience among many. It's also common sense. I'm sorry if you think everything you have experienced needs to be peer reviewed.
    old peoples' anecdotes aren't systematic, planet-wide science so they are useless for policy guidance.

Thread Information