Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 5243
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think Colbert has ever made me laugh. Hard to believe he's going to take over for Letterman.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I don't think Colbert has ever made me laugh. Hard to believe he's going to take over for Letterman.
    Hard to believe a comedian is taken as given factual information.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to believe a comedian is taken as given factual information.
    he's funnier and more scientific than WC and all AGW deniers

his "fair and balanced" debate between 3 AGW deniers and 97 "scientists" was tremendous, exposing the typical 1 vs 1 false equivalence debate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What an elitist at ude.

Ever talk to older people about their experiences of weather changes over the decades? It's a common experience among many. It's also common sense. I'm sorry if you think everything you have experienced needs to be peer reviewed.
    WC has watched the weather channel for years. He knows climate inside and out.

such a stunning combo of pride and stupidity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh Oh........

Scientists In Cover-Up Of ‘Damaging’ Climate View

///snip///
    A scientist asked by the journal to assess the paper under the peer review process wrote that he strongly advised against publishing it because it was “less than helpful”.
    ///snip///

http://www.thegwpf.org/scientists-in...-climate-view/

New global-warming skeptic fears for 'safety'
    'Enormous group pressure has become virtually unbearable to me'

http://www.wnd.com/2014/05/new-globa...EJhZbGc3XTO.99

Just the normal rational "global warming" group or is it "climate change". What's the money word today?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh Oh........

Scientists In Cover-Up Of ‘Damaging’ Climate View

///snip///
    A scientist asked by the journal to assess the paper under the peer review process wrote that he strongly advised against publishing it because it was “less than helpful”.
    ///snip///

http://www.thegwpf.org/scientists-in...-climate-view/

New global-warming skeptic fears for 'safety'
    'Enormous group pressure has become virtually unbearable to me'

http://www.wnd.com/2014/05/new-globa...EJhZbGc3XTO.99

Just the normal rational "global warming" group or is it "climate change". What's the money word today?
    You sources are just as valid as boutons alternet and nakedcapitalsim.

Your first link is from a UK oil industry think-tank that was the one pimping poptarts site recently. the other is right up there with infowars as it pertains to credibility.

Nice that you abandoned your plate tectonics stupidity but don't double down with this bull . You lack the ability to think for yourself is glaring. None of those links talk about the science they supposedly support.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here you go FuzzyBumkins. Don't want you to feel left out. The sky is falling, the sky is falling......Oh, my goodness, Washington D.C. we are doomed.

Can D.C. survive 'unstoppable' ice melt?

///snip///
    "The worry to our children is, not only will this continue, but it might accelerate pretty fast," says Boicourt, of the University of Maryland.

"We do have at least a century to prepare," says Ekwurzel, "and in the case of the worst-case scenario, maybe a couple centuries. We should plan on one to four feet of sea-level rise happening over the course of this century, as a conservative estimate." "The worry to our children is, not only will this continue, but it might accelerate pretty fast," says Boicourt, of the University of Maryland.

"We do have at least a century to prepare," says Ekwurzel, "and in the case of the worst-case scenario, maybe a couple centuries. We should plan on one to four feet of sea-level rise happening over the course of this century, as a conservative estimate."
    ///snip///

http://wtop.com/884/3623052/District...ot-if-but-when

Of course we are speaking of D.C. so if they whole thing went under water tomorrow, no great lost.
    But all these "experts" always pick a convenient time for things to occur. I mean how can you dispute something that is going to happen in 100 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sources are just as valid as boutons alternet and nakedcapitalsim.

FuzzyBrain STILL butthurt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FuzzyBrain STILL butthurt
    Is that what you tell yourself? That I am mad and that is somehow going to invalidate my point? That is pretty delusional.

I have no respect for you. That is different than anger.

Your are as left wing biased as his are to the right wing. Your dissembling to try to turn it on me doesn't change that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here you go FuzzyBumkins. Don't want you to feel left out. The sky is falling, the sky is falling......Oh, my goodness, Washington D.C. we are doomed.

Can D.C. survive 'unstoppable' ice melt?

///snip///
    "The worry to our children is, not only will this continue, but it might accelerate pretty fast," says Boicourt, of the University of Maryland.

"We do have at least a century to prepare," says Ekwurzel, "and in the case of the worst-case scenario, maybe a couple centuries. We should plan on one to four feet of sea-level rise happening over the course of this century, as a conservative estimate." "The worry to our children is, not only will this continue, but it might accelerate pretty fast," says Boicourt, of the University of Maryland.

"We do have at least a century to prepare," says Ekwurzel, "and in the case of the worst-case scenario, maybe a couple centuries. We should plan on one to four feet of sea-level rise happening over the course of this century, as a conservative estimate."
    ///snip///

http://wtop.com/884/3623052/District...ot-if-but-when

Of course we are speaking of D.C. so if they whole thing went under water tomorrow, no great lost.
    But all these "experts" always pick a convenient time for things to occur. I mean how can you dispute something that is going to happen in 100 years.
    The model is quite simple to understand. Middle school science discusses the capillary effect and high school physics talks about the coefficient of friction. Momentum is a bit more advanced so college level physics.

The glacier is moving into the sea. It is what it is. You don't even argue that. Sorry that climate cycles and glaciers take long periods of time to move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here you go Fuzzy. The original source that I found for my post on coverup. I figured you didn't have a subscription so I found another source. But I don't want you to feel neglected.

Scientists in cover-up of ‘damaging’ climate view

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/scienc...cle4091344.ece

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The model is quite simple to understand. Middle school science discusses the capillary effect and high school physics talks about the coefficient of friction. Momentum is a bit more advanced so college level physics.

The glacier is moving into the sea. It is what it is. You don't even argue that. Sorry that climate cycles and glaciers take long periods of time to move.

Damn, I'm impressed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here you go Fuzzy. The original source that I found for my post on coverup. I figured you didn't have a subscription so I found another source. But I don't want you to feel neglected.

Scientists in cover-up of ‘damaging’ climate view

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/scienc...cle4091344.ece
    That link doesn't work as it just gives a blurb. The first one worked fine. You haven't figured out how to work the quote function which is sad and you are trying desperately to distractt from the science. Whining because glaciers take centuries to move is not a good argument.

The blurb talks of a claim with no substance behind it. The oil think tank scientists always get upset when they are rejected by the peer review process. They never talk about what they submitted. He doesn't even give a full account of what was said to him. He gives a throwaway phrase and that is it.

In this case, people didn't want to coauthor with him because he was taking money from that think tank. That is their prerogative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn, I'm impressed.
    Well I am not very impressed by you. Quite the opposite, magic sky man worshiper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I am not very impressed by you. Quite the opposite, magic sky man worshiper.
    Gee, I am really hurt. I suppose I will have to just bear the thought that you aren't impressed. Actually, I was trying to be kind, you have a real problem with reading comprehension, but I am not surprised. You seem to have the uncanny ability to be sharply focused on just one side of an argument.

Just as President Obama says, let me be perfectly clear. I don't much give a damn what you think of me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gee, I am really hurt. I suppose I will have to just bear the thought that you aren't impressed. Actually, I was trying to be kind, you have a real problem with reading comprehension, but I am not surprised. You seem to have the uncanny ability to be sharply focused on just one side of an argument.

Just as President Obama says, let me be perfectly clear. I don't much give a damn what you think of me.
    What other side have you presented? The output of a think tank with vested financial interest?

You have given up on every single substantive argument you have made.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except when your Medicare claim doesn't get processed or your SS check doesn't arrive.

You old who live off the federal government while simultaneously whining about it disgust me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except when your Medicare claim doesn't get processed or your SS check doesn't arrive.

You old who live off the federal government while simultaneously whining about it disgust me.

Well, I live off of what I paid for and continue to pay for, you young twerp. And what whining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ahhhhhhhhh. vested financial interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I live off of what I paid for and continue to pay for, you young twerp. And what whining.
    Prove to me you paid in more than has been paid out on behalf of Medicare and social security.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prove to me you paid in more than has been paid out on behalf of Medicare and social security.
    Prove to me I haven't!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I feel the same about people who think everyone except themselves should pay higher taxes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prove to me I haven't!
    Statistically, there is a greater chance you'll receive more in benefits than you pay in. You might be an anomaly, but I doubt it. You're clearly not very intelligent and likely didn't make much money in your prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statistically, there is a greater chance you'll receive more in benefits than you pay in. You might be an anomaly, but I doubt it. You're clearly not very intelligent and likely didn't make much money in your prime.
    Yeah, I can tell you are much more intelligent than I am.

Thread Information