Page 85 of 210 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 5243
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really want to go a few rounds on this?

(sighs)

Fine.

Are the scientists who say yes to the REAL questions lying?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really want to go a few rounds on this?

(sighs)

Fine.

Are the scientists who say yes to the REAL questions lying?
    They believe it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they are going to investigate grants to universities whose professors hold non-alarmists views? Seems legit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for sure you can deflect what you can't rebut, that hasn't changed.
    Ad hominem, spin, repeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? [edit- for sake of clarity]... do the scientists who say that the CO2 emissions put out by human beings is causing warming?]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? [edit- for sake of clarity]... do the scientists who say that the CO2 emissions put out by human beings is causing warming?]

Why are you putting up this strawman? Skeptics also acknowledge this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they are going to investigate grants to universities whose professors hold non-alarmists views? Seems legit.
    It's not about holding non-alarmist views. From the article:

On Tuesday, Congressman Raúl Grijalva, Democratic ranking member of the House Natural Resources Committee, sent requests to seven universities that employ academics known to be partial to fossil fuel interests based on their testimony before Congress. Soon's ethical violations “might not be isolated incidents,” Grijalva warned Georgia Tech, MIT, Pepperdine, Arizona State, the University of Delaware, the University of Colorado, and the University of Alabama, naming specific scientists and asking about the sources of his or her outside funding. The goal of the investigation is to "establish the impartiality of climate research and policy recommendations," writes Grijalva. "Companies with a direct financial interest in climate and air quality standards are funding environmental research that influences state and federal regulations and shapes public understanding of climate science. These conflicts should be clear to stakeholders, including policymakers who use scientific information to make decisions. My colleagues and I cannot perform our duties if research or testimony provided to us is influenced by undisclosed financial relationships.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about holding non-alarmist views. From the article:

On Tuesday, Congressman Raúl Grijalva, Democratic ranking member of the House Natural Resources Committee, sent requests to seven universities that employ academics known to be partial to fossil fuel interests based on their testimony before Congress. Soon's ethical violations “might not be isolated incidents,” Grijalva warned Georgia Tech, MIT, Pepperdine, Arizona State, the University of Delaware, the University of Colorado, and the University of Alabama, naming specific scientists and asking about the sources of his or her outside funding. The goal of the investigation is to "establish the impartiality of climate research and policy recommendations," writes Grijalva. "Companies with a direct financial interest in climate and air quality standards are funding environmental research that influences state and federal regulations and shapes public understanding of climate science. These conflicts should be clear to stakeholders, including policymakers who use scientific information to make decisions. My colleagues and I cannot perform our duties if research or testimony provided to us is influenced by undisclosed financial relationships.”

MIT - Richard Lindzen
    Colorado - Roger A. Pielke Jr
    Alabama - Roy Spencer, John Christy
    Georgia Tech - Judith Curry

Obvious is obvious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's obvious, that researchers are carrying water for donors and hiding the ties?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that "news" about Dr. Willie Soon is earth-shattering.

Greenpeace has been ing about that guy's funding since 2011

Using waybackmachine:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20110701...-Oil-and-Coal/

For some reason, the NYT decided recently to carry the torch (and pitchforks) for GP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's obvious, that researchers are carrying water for donors and hiding the ties?
    Not hidden very well, if it's been known for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    obvious, like I said.

is there something about research being sold out to special interests that strikes you as funny? you seem to find all this rather amusing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you also seem to think that because your antagonist lies and cheats, not only it is virtuous for your side to do so as well, it would be remiss for it not to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree or disagree?

if not, why not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From 2007: http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/global...sis-of-fun.pdf

Best if read with X-files theme music in background

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MIT - Richard Lindzen
    Colorado - Roger A. Pielke Jr
    Alabama - Roy Spencer, John Christy
    Georgia Tech - Judith Curry

Obvious is obvious

Ha ha. I knew it.

http://democrats.naturalresources.ho...hange-research

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The goal of the investigation is to "establish the impartiality of climate research and policy recommendations,"

Do you take issue with the above stated goal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The goal of the investigation is to "establish the impartiality of climate research and policy recommendations,"

Do you take issue with the above stated goal?

Meh, that dude's agenda is pretty transparent.

Did he send any letters to other univsersities that received climate science funding from "BigBadOil"? Or just those with non-alarmist profs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, that dude's agenda is pretty transparent.

Did he send any letters to other univsersities that received climate science funding from "BigBadOil"? Or just those with non-alarmist profs?
    You don't appear to be able to grasp the concepts of conflict of interest and full disclosure.

I'll leave you with this knowing full well emotion and political affiliation drive your decision making process.

On Tuesday, Congressman Raúl Grijalva, Democratic ranking member of the House Natural Resources Committee, sent requests to seven universities that employ academics known to be partial to fossil fuel interests based on their testimony before Congress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't appear to be able to grasp the concepts of conflict of interest and full disclosure.

I'll leave you with this knowing full well emotion and political affiliation drive your decision making process.

On Tuesday, Congressman Raúl Grijalva, Democratic ranking member of the House Natural Resources Committee, sent requests to seven universities that employ academics known to be partial to fossil fuel interests based on their testimony before Congress.

He's on a witch hunt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by DarrinS; 02-25-2015 at 03:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you putting up this strawman? Skeptics also acknowledge this.
    It's so cute when Darrin speak as if he isn't all alone on his sophist "I will say anything to mitigate policy including both sides of this particular question" crusade here. We have tried to talk about and identify skeptics and you end up pissy, afraid to say anything for looking stupid, and leave. That doesn't mean you get to come back and speak for them.

There are no new members. We know that you say anything with the bent of not allowing a curb on CO2 emissions. You claim to be the data entry and gopher for an engineering software company but unless you guys are coming up with the training materials for high volume volume oil pumps and accessories you are wasting their time on something here that isn't even in their interests.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so cute when Darrin speak as if he isn't all alone on his sophist "I will say anything to mitigate policy including both sides of this particular question" crusade here. We have tried to talk about and identify skeptics and you end up pissy, afraid to say anything for looking stupid, and leave. That doesn't mean you get to come back and speak for them.

There are no new members. We know that you say anything with the bent of not allowing a curb on CO2 emissions. You claim to be the data entry and gopher for an engineering software company but unless you guys are coming up with the training materials for high volume volume oil pumps and accessories you are wasting their time on something here that isn't even in their interests.
    WTF are you babbling about?

Thread Information