My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s just start with the “good” news: By the time the Texas Supreme Court last night overturned a judge’s ruling that she could have a medically necessary abortion, Texas resident Kate Cox was already well outside the court’s reach, having left Texas earlier in the day for an undisclosed free state where she can get the potentially lifesaving care she needs.

Cox last week became the first person since Roe V. Wade in 1973 to have to file a lawsuit to request permission to terminate a pregnancy, thanks to Texas’s near-total abortion ban. She and her husband, who have two kids already, had very much wanted the pregnancy, but the fetus was diagnosed with trisomy 18, an untreatable, lethal genetic anomaly. With help from the Center for Reproductive Rights, Cox sued, and Travis County District Judge Maya Guerra Gamble issued a temporary restraining order Thursday, ruling that because Cox’s life or ability to have a child in the future would be at risk if she continued the pregnancy, the abortion could go ahead, and state officials could not take legal action against Cox’s doctor, Dr. Damla Karsan, or others involved in providing the abortion. Cox has needed Emergency Room treatment several times leading up to and even since filing the lawsuit, her lawyers said.

https://www.wonkette.com/p/after-kat...es-state-texas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonkette is such a bad site man, just link the Tribune article.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/12...suit-kate-cox/

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Excellent. Ripping an infant from a womb is a disgrace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texastan SC: “No one disputes that Ms. Cox’s pregnancy has been extremely complicated. Any parents would be devastated to learn of their unborn child’s trisomy 18 diagnosis,” the justices wrote. “Some difficulties in pregnancy, however, even serious ones, do not pose the heightened risks to the mother the exception encompasses.”

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texastan SC: “No one disputes that Ms. Cox’s pregnancy has been extremely complicated. Any parents would be devastated to learn of their unborn child’s trisomy 18 diagnosis,” the justices wrote. “Some difficulties in pregnancy, however, even serious ones, do not pose the heightened risks to the mother the exception encompasses.”
    Death isn't a heightened risk.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if she voted Red?

I wonder if any reporter will ask her…so far in the interviews with her ive watched- no one asked her this important question.

she needs to be asked and followed up with, “what is your message to other women in states like texas who outlaw womens healthcare services and what they should know before voting for republican legislatures that want to control womens bodies and dictate their healthcare options?”

finally…this blows up the lie that there are “exceptions” that easily help women in dangerous healthcare/pregnancy predicaments….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Death isn't a heightened risk.
    Using Texastan logic: If you are a true believer, in death, you will be with Jesus. Or if you pray hard enough, Jesus will take care of everything.

Otherwise, the Texastan SC says you are ed.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Can't wait to hear CosmicCowboy feign outrage over Texas's abortion laws and pretend that he disagrees with the Attorney General and State Supreme Court justices he votes for

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if she voted Red?

I wonder if any reporter will ask her…so far in the interviews with her ive watched- no one asked her this important question.

she needs to be asked and followed up with, “what is your message to other women in states like texas who outlaw womens healthcare services and what they should know before voting for republican legislatures that want to control womens bodies and dictate their healthcare options?”

finally…this blows up the lie that there are “exceptions” that easily help women in dangerous healthcare/pregnancy predicaments….
    IDK but this one did and it was hilarious

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=301667

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/20/healt...nvs/index.html

Kylie Beaton, another plaintiff, also had to watch her baby die. Beaton, who didn’t testify this week, learned during a 20-week scan that something was wrong with her baby’s brain, according to the suit.

The doctor diagnosed the fetus with alobar holoprosencephaly, a condition where the two hemispheres of the brain don’t properly divide. Babies with this condition are often stillborn or die soon after birth.

Beaton’s doctor told her he couldn’t provide an abortion unless she was severely ill, or the fetus’s heart stopped. Beaton and her husband sought to obtain an abortion out of state. However, the fetus’s head was enlarged due to its condition, and the only clinic that would perform an abortion charged up to $15,000. Beaton and her husband couldn’t afford it.

Instead, Beaton gave birth to a son she named Grant. The baby cried constantly, wouldn’t eat, and couldn’t be held upright for fear it would put too much pressure on his head, according to the suit. Four days later, Grant died.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-12-2023 at 04:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to hear CosmicCowboy feign outrage over Texas's abortion laws and pretend that he disagrees with the Attorney General and State Supreme Court justices he votes for
    He doesn't pretend to disagree with them. He bends over backwards to say they made the right rulings even though he says he doesn't like them. My favorite is when he says he agrees with exceptions and now we see those exceptions are just some bull that are there in name only in our abortion law.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK but this one did and it was hilarious

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=301667

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/20/healt...nvs/index.html

Kylie Beaton, another plaintiff, also had to watch her baby die. Beaton, who didn’t testify this week, learned during a 20-week scan that something was wrong with her baby’s brain, according to the suit.

The doctor diagnosed the fetus with alobar holoprosencephaly, a condition where the two hemispheres of the brain don’t properly divide. Babies with this condition are often stillborn or die soon after birth.

Beaton’s doctor told her he couldn’t provide an abortion unless she was severely ill, or the fetus’s heart stopped. Beaton and her husband sought to obtain an abortion out of state. However, the fetus’s head was enlarged due to its condition, and the only clinic that would perform an abortion charged up to $15,000. Beaton and her husband couldn’t afford it.

Instead, Beaton gave birth to a son she named Grant. The baby cried constantly, wouldn’t eat, and couldn’t be held upright for fear it would put too much pressure on his head, according to the suit. Four days later, Grant died.

i guess they got what they paid for!

vote red and yourself and your own baby!

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PRwise this is basically the worst case scenario example for Republicans outside of the mother straight up dying.

How are GOP leadership not blowing up Paxton, Patrick and Abbott's phones telling them to stand down? This policy isn't even popular with their base.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    PRwise this is basically the worst case scenario example for Republicans outside of the mother straight up dying.

How are GOP leadership not blowing up Paxton, Patrick and Abbott's phones telling them to stand down? This policy isn't even popular with their base.
    This is what I don't get. If I were Felito Cruz I'd be calling Paxton up screaming about how much he was helping Allred fundraise off of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I don't get. If I were Felito Cruz I'd be calling Paxton up screaming about how much he was helping Allred fundraise off of this.
    If you were McCarthy you might. If you were the son of the Kennedy assassin you'd be fine with the mother dying to own the libs though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent. Ripping an infant from a womb is a disgrace.
    Tell it/Testify!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent. Ripping a corpse from a womb it could kill is a disgrace.
    fify

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST incels really just want sexually active women to die.

Thread Information