Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow! I had no idea! He's the bestist president EVER!

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lmao not understanding math.....but teh percentages!!! this is why sheep should go to class and stop sucking off one party or another without grasp or reason

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you jackasses realize that as the deficit gets more and more astronomical, it takes a much larger number to affect the percentages right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Europe proves, as has been proven repeatedly, that the pro-cyclical cuts deepen, lengthen depressions and austerity (except for the immune 1%).

The Repugs are hawking the deficit as smokescreen to crush the poor, young, sick, disabled, students, old, teacher unions and to weaken govt even more as the only protector against mega-corporate predations on humans, air, land, water.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    the chart is spending growth per year, percentage relative to preceding year, not absolute dollars, so inflation adjustment over 30+years isn't a factor.

In dollars, Obama's first budget was smaller that dubya's of the preceding year.

Of course, W. Gecko and the right-wing propaganda machine is spewing lies about Obama's spending, in concert with their austerity-pimping, deficit-hawking (which is almost entirely Repug policy deficit, not Obama's), and stimulus-killing.
    It matters.

If spending went up 6% and inflation was 4%, isn't that about the same as no inflation and spending going up 2%?

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with gtown about the cherry picked numbers.

That said, Congress is largely responsible for spending/deficit, much more so than the Executive. Debt-ceiling, appropriations, the budget, taxes, etc etc... is all voted on by Congress.
    Except for the past 3 years he's been spending without an approved budget.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except for the past 3 years he's been spending without an approved budget.
    Without Congress passing the spending bills, there would be nothing to spend...

Again, the President can only propose a budget, and sign off on whatever spending bill he gets back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so the WSJ journal is run by a bunch of dumb liberals now..lol
    Except this wasnt it wasn't straight from the wall street journal it was from marke ch blog

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    These are false stats...This administration has spent more in 4 years than Bush JR did in eight years...Look it up & then post your apology for bearing false witness....

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are false stats...This administration has spent more in 4 years than Bush JR did in eight years...Look it up & then post your apology for bearing false witness....
    or you could back up your claim or post your apology for making up..

of course the honest thing to do would be to also acknowledge the wreck of the prior 8 yrs but you would rather stick with bumper sticker slogans..

oh and Congress writes the check..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

oh and Congress writes the check..
    Therefore, Barack Obama does not have the lowest spending record of any recent president?

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Therefore, Barack Obama does not have the lowest spending record of any recent president?
    yes

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    you jackasses realize that as the deficit gets more and more astronomical, it takes a much larger number to affect the percentages right?
    Which imo is pretty relevant.

Bush inheriting national surpluses and turning them into record deficits is a lot worse than Obama taking out of control spending and just making it more out of control.

I still laugh at all the Republicans in this thread (m>s not being one of them and actually hating spending regardless of the political party) who weren't at all bothered by our national deficit from 2000-2008.

When Mitt Romney gets elected and our deficit continues to grow because of his ed tax plan, the yonivores and wild cobras of the world will stop caring all over again.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Just performing a logic check. You passed.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    So Obama deserves praise because he's only driving towards the cliff 5mph faster than Bush did because Bush drove 10mph faster than the guy before him?
    Praise? No, but the people who voted for Bush and didn't care about the fact he was driving the car towards the cliff at 10 mph (when the guy before him left him a car that was actually driving away from the cliff) shouldn't complain so much about Obama continuing the fiscal policy of the president they continue to insist was a great president.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barry calling BULL on Gecko's debt LIE

"“Now, I know Gov. Romney came to Des Moines last week, warned about a ‘prairie fire of debt,’” Obama told a crowd gathered at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. “That’s what he said. But he left out some facts. His speech was more like a cow pie of distortion.”"

http://mobile.chicagotribune.com/p.p...%3D0%26DPL%3D3

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which imo is pretty relevant.

Bush inheriting national surpluses and turning them into record deficits is a lot worse than Obama taking out of control spending and just making it more out of control.

I still laugh at all the Republicans in this thread (m>s not being one of them and actually hating spending regardless of the political party) who weren't at all bothered by our national deficit from 2000-2008.

When Mitt Romney gets elected and our deficit continues to grow because of his ed tax plan, the yonivores and wild cobras of the world will stop caring all over again.
    . the whole bush inherited a surplus argument. We're talking about national debt, not public debt. the national debt went up under clinton too.
    http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPD...application=np

What exactly did bush do to turn that "surplus" into "record deficits"? Since it happened less than 9 months into his presidency, what policy did that?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    since what happened?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . the whole bush inherited a surplus argument. We're talking about national debt, not public debt. the national debt went up under clinton too.
    http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPD...application=np

What exactly did bush do to turn that "surplus" into "record deficits"? Since it happened less than 9 months into his presidency, what policy did that?

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol zfacts. lol GND%GDP.

Couldn't be more meaningless.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Using zfacts data tables, you can build a chart like this:

Every bit as meaningless as the first chart.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the 2000-2008 Repug policies of cutting taxes and bogus war, coupled with 35-year VRWC successful push for financial deregulation caused the national debt increase, with reduced revenues from tax cuts and Banksters' Great Depression, plus $1T plus (just so far) wasted in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Repugs/VRWC were initiators, the Dems were less permitters.

The current hole the USA is now in and the World Champion USA wealth inequality are directly due to Repug/VRWC policies, not "free market" business cycle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, are there people that still believe Obama is the most frugal President since Eisenhower or did the laughter from all corners of the political and economic world finally convince them of Obama's pathetic lie.

Last edited by Yonivore; 05-25-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "are there people that still believe Obama is the most frugal President since Eisenhower"

you're really an asshole.

Who said that other than you?

the 2 Repug botched wars, the the VRWC-facilitated Banksters Great Depression, the Repug tax cuts caused long-term reduction in revenues and increase in spending which Obama inherited and was almost powerless to stop or even reduce.

Meanwhile the sick-care industry continues America in every orifice, while BigFood feeds American pathogenic crap, which is the biggest item in the budget: Medicare/Medicaid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said that other than you?
    Rex Nutting and Jay Carney...The Obama Campaign picked up the meme until it was proven to be a fabrication of EPIC proportions.

Thread Information