Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    USA has a Banksters' Great Depression REVENUE problem, NOT a spending problem. The REVENUE problem is Repug/VRWC POLICY results of phony wars and gigantic tax cuts and financial deregulation (and tax avoidance/evasion by the 1%).

Cutting spending is an multi-decade, announced Repug/VRWC strategy of reducing govt size until it can be drowned in a bathtub.
    If you wish to call it a revenue problem, then let me remind you of a few simple facts.

Revenues decline aftre 9/11.

Tax cuts had revenues increasing in short order.

Revenues declined again after the democrats won Congress 2006, as they scared the of of the job creating people promising to raise their taxes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you wish to call it a revenue problem, then let me remind you of a few simple facts.

Revenues decline aftre 9/11.

Tax cuts had revenues increasing in short order.
    Baloney. Only in your imagination. Already asked you to back this up and you couldn't.

Revenues declined after the tax cuts and never rose to pre-tax cut values again.

lol facts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tax cuts NEVER pay for themselves as increased revenue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My God people. Look it up yourself:

OMB Table 1.1

If I take on and off budget for Bush's 8 years, there is an average annual deficit of $443,317 million. Obama for his two reconciled years averages a $1,296,542 million per year deficit. If I use the on budget numbers only, they are $610,698 million and $1,368,636 million.
    People aren't stupid...54% of Americans still blame the Bush Administration for the lame economy today for good reasons...the Bush administration did everything it could do hold off the recession, including undermining spending by increasing the size of government, until 2008, the recession was gonna happen because housing had bubbled out, but it did'nt help that the Bush tax cuts didn't create the private jobs which were promised...this just made the deficit worse...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They did when Kennedy lowered them but tax rates were much higher then they are today, today, cutting taxes is much like skinning the fat off an anorexic chicken..

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    You need to get that saran Wrap off of you. Isn't that "static" cling bothersome?

If you think of the economy as a "static" zero sum game, they that would be correct. However, the economy is "dynamic" and the Laffer Curve is real.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "the economy as a "static" zero sum game, they that would be correct"

it's not perfectly zero sum, but in practice, it essentially is. That's why household income has basically flatlined as the VRWC's policies took hold in the past 35 years, while the share of national income by the 1% has exploded. Less income(less jobs, lower salaries) for the 99% because it was taken by the 1%.

The Laffer curve, like trickle down voodoo economics, is a huge laugher from St Ronnie's Keynesian days.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you right winger and the right-wing VRWC stink tanks love to LIE about "47% of Americans paying no taxes".

But, under the Repug mis-governance, richies who pay NO INCOME TAXES ed:

According to data from the Internal Revenue Service, one in 189 high income Americans paid no federal income taxes in 2009. This included households making more than $200 million. As this chart by Noni Mausa at Angry Bear shows, the number of wealthy taxpayers managing to avoid the income tax ed after 2004, while the percentage increased “eightfold”:

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...-chart-income/

So, is the IRS lying?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol...don't you think that 47% includes this?

. A e of 20,00 in a population of 216,885,347?

lol @ .01% variance

lol thinkprogress

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "don't you think that 47% includes this"

no. The Heritage/etc "poor people don't pay any taxes" propaganda clearly is aimed at raising income taxes on the low end, NOT on their paymasters on the high end.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Umm...that 47% figure came from the IRS. It's drawn from the entire population of taxpayers. Try again.

and again...lol at a .01% variance

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the "the 47% don't pay" propaganda was/is to inflame the bubbas (many of whom don't pay income tax) that the poor don't have any skin in the game.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So you say.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The VRWC, Fox Repug network, stink tanks know exactly whom them target with their propaganda.

Thread Information