Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the question will be, would stern and his minions allow the spurs to sweep...or they going to try and milk this out to 7 games series

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disclaimer: I've picked the Spurs to win in 6

Why do people assume that the Spurs winning in 5 would make it an "easy" series? If SA is in striking distance in multiple close games and execute better down the stretch, they could win in 5 games yet still have it be a hard fought series.

I know, I'm nitpicking now, but even if SA wins in 5 or a sweep, every single game will be a dogfight, imo fwiw tbh
    Exactly. Sweeping or winning in 5 doesn't mean it's an easy series. In fact I would expect most games to be close. I think this team has shown it really can't be blown out after being down 24 against the Clippers. The Thunder are fairly resilient as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could be a tough 5 game series like last years WCF.The Mavs had to overcome big defecits in 4th quarter of games 4 and 5,15 points in game 4 vs Thunder.

No Regard for Human Life AlleyOopNazi's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn hollinger is on the spurs train, he predicted only 4 losses before a parade on the riverwalk. With none so far and only 1 predicted for this series, even he is buying in on a legendary championship run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC's Lineup Quandary ©

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Solid stuff by Hollinger. Nice work pointing out the depth advantage, OKC's Lineup Quandary © and the Thunder's forthcoming usage of small ball.

Regarding small ball, it really doesn't worry me too much, especially because the Spurs don't really have a tried and true 2nd bigman for their closing lineup. If the Thunder keep a traditional lineup on the court, Pop may go to Bonner down the stretch. Tbh, I'd rather the Thunder go small so Pop can use a lineup of TP, Manu, Green (or Jackson), Leonard and Duncan.
    The reason their small ball lineup didn't work on us is that they got beat down BAD on the boards with that lineup. Our guards and wings are WAY better on the glass than theirs. They have a tough time rebounding to run or getting cheap offensive board buckets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason their small ball lineup didn't work on us is that they got beat down BAD on the boards with that lineup. Our guards and wings are WAY better on the glass than theirs. They have a tough time rebounding to run or getting cheap offensive board buckets.
    Leonard in particular is a very good rebounding SF. Green crashes the boards pretty well too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid stuff by Hollinger. Nice work pointing out the depth advantage, OKC's Lineup Quandary © and the Thunder's forthcoming usage of small ball.

Regarding small ball, it really doesn't worry me too much, especially because the Spurs don't really have a tried and true 2nd bigman for their closing lineup. If the Thunder keep a traditional lineup on the court, Pop may go to Bonner down the stretch. Tbh, I'd rather the Thunder go small so Pop can use a lineup of TP, Manu, Green (or Jackson), Leonard and Duncan.
    Agree. Why does Pop go with usually go with Bonner anyway? If we get to see that lineup instead of Bonner closing out games, then the Thunder can play small as long as they want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. Why does Pop go with usually go with Bonner anyway? If we get to see that lineup instead of Bonner closing out games, then the Thunder can play small as long as they want.
    Pop loves stretch fours, and it started when Horry arrived.

Never tell me the odds- Kuestmaster's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 47-4 stat really pumped me

Believe.
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    LAL was actually a favorable matchup for OKC. I would rather have played them than Denver. Having 2 very very good inside defenders, with LA's main offensive threat being inside play between their 7 footers (aside from Kobe) was a good matchup for us. Plus our athleticism was just so far ahead of theirs. Plus, LA has no perimeter shooting. Aside from Kobe, an occassional make by Ron and Blake, they really have very little.

So...I don't know that I'd say that OKC has played tougher teams in the playoffs. From my perspective, I'd MUCH rather play agains LAL than LAC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... and the Thunder's fourth-best player, Serge Ibaka, is clearly better than Spurs rookie Kawhi Leonard.
    I'm surprised no one has challenged this. Isn't Ibaka basically a one-trick pony? Kawhi can be solid on both ends of the court.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No kidding, me too. I have never heard of a stat so one sided like this

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised no one has challenged this. Isn't Ibaka basically a one-trick pony? Kawhi can be solid on both ends of the court.
    Meh, we'll find out one way or another in about a week.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a. they havent faced much tougher teams

b. they didn't dominate their opponents like the spurs did.
    a. They sure have faced tougher opponents in the first two rounds. The jazz were barely a playoff team and the Clippers were still green in playoff experience and were banged up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this Spurs hype freaks me out. So much pressure to live up to these expectations. I still think we'll win though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young, extremely athletic, shot-blocking big men don't grow on trees. He's developed a nice, little jumper too.

Believe.
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Why are Leonard and Ibaka even being put in the same sentence? Apples and oranges trying to say a 6'10 PF is or isn't better than a 6'6 guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is truly phenomenal, especially when you consider how much they've rested key players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are Leonard and Ibaka even being put in the same sentence? Apples and oranges trying to say a 6'10 PF is or isn't better than a 6'6 guard.
    Actually Leonard is 6'7" with a 7'3" wingspan. Plus he's freakishly tenacious.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's 43-4. If it becomes 47-4, we'd all be really pumped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tired of all the "too much hype" bull . What, the team is going to start reading their press clippings all of a sudden? We're going to take teams lightly and come out flat 4 times in a series? The Basketball Gods will get mad at us for being too good?

Get over it. The Spurs are a juggernaut and unless there is a catastrophic injury, they are winning the le and winning it in impressive fashion. This is not to say the Thunder suck or Miami/Boston suck...they are very good teams, particularly the Thunder. But Pop knows that, the players know that, and they are going to come out and do exactly what they've been doing for the past 4 months: play smart basketball with ruthless efficiency and win. Let's enjoy the ride.

Burn The Thread. Horry Hipcheck's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tired of all the "too much hype" bull . What, the team is going to start reading their press clippings all of a sudden? We're going to take teams lightly and come out flat 4 times in a series? The Basketball Gods will get mad at us for being too good?

Get over it. The Spurs are a juggernaut and unless there is a catastrophic injury, they are winning the le and winning it in impressive fashion. This is not to say the Thunder suck or Miami/Boston suck...they are very good teams, particularly the Thunder. But Pop knows that, the players know that, and they are going to come out and do exactly what they've been doing for the past 4 months: play smart basketball with ruthless efficiency and win. Let's enjoy the ride.

This.

I decided this was a good first post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a. They sure have faced tougher opponents in the first two rounds. The jazz were barely a playoff team and the Clippers were still green in playoff experience and were banged up.
    key word was MUCH. Mavs are being wayyy overrated by some people. And the Lakers have not looked good this playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say 66-33, since the series will be 4-2 Spurs
    And the refs get that last 1

Thread Information