Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

MAIN CARD (pay-per-view)

Champ Junior Dos Santos vs. Frank Mir (for heavyweight le)
    Antonio Silva vs. Cain Velasquez
    Dave Herman vs. Roy Nelson
    Shane Del Rosario vs. Stipe Miocic
    Lavar Johnson vs. Stefan Struve

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)

Diego Brandao vs. Darren Elkins
    Edson Barboza vs. Jamie Varner
    C.B. Dollaway vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller
    Dan Hardy vs. Duane "Bang" Ludwig

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

Paul Sass vs. Jacob Volkmann
    Kyle Kingsbury vs. Glover Teixeira
    Mike Brown vs. Daniel Pineda
    Last edited by ace3g; 05-25-2012 at 02:03 PM.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Nice! There are a few guys on this card that I really enjoy watching lose. Dollaway, Gonzaga, -Tooth, and Roid-Boy.

I love this card so far.

Cain Velasquez vs. Frank Mir le-eliminator added to UFC 146

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27762/cain...medium=twitter

--

Also of note, Roy Nelson vs Bigfoot Silva was added to this card as well

Post Count
    Love this card so far

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    sick card tbh imo

Post Count
    Cain Velasquez vs. Frank Mir le-eliminator added to UFC 146

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27762/cain...medium=twitter

--
    Creamed my jeans? Yes I did.

I'm not a big fan of a loser like Brown Pride getting a shot at a winner like Mir, but I'm not complaining. Outside of submitting Lesnar, this will be my favorite victory of Mir's. I'm calling a first round guillotine.

Post Count
    Champ Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem - Overeem? Seriously? Bwahaha...
    Frank Mir vs. Cain Velasquez - Again, first round sub. Book that .
    Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham - Scary dude.
    Roy Nelson vs. Antonio Silva - Never bet on a Strikeforce , especially one who never dominated over there.
    C.B. Dollaway vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller - Miller is probably still brooding over how ty he looked against Bispussy and won't let that happen again. Expect him to come in in shape and in good form. Dollaway is a anyhow.

Post Count
    This kinda pisses me off because this card is looking awesome yet they have a ty card for 145 outside of Jones/Evans..

Cain getting another le shot if he beats Mir is Meh...

Mir i can't see winning this fight.. I'd like him too but not likely..

Post Count
    This kinda pisses me off because this card is looking awesome yet they have a ty card for 145 outside of Jones/Evans..

Cain getting another le shot if he beats Mir is Meh...

Mir i can't see winning this fight.. I'd like him too but not likely..
    OK, clearly I'm a Mir homer, and clearly you don't like him -- but I'd like to know your thoughts on why it's "not likely" that he'll win? How do you see this fight going down?

Post Count
    OK, clearly I'm a Mir homer, and clearly you don't like him -- but I'd like to know your thoughts on why it's "not likely" that he'll win? How do you see this fight going down?
    He's got a shot, Mir is very skilled. Neither guy has the best chin TBH. Mir has shown in the past that chin is not very reliable and Cain has shown both in the Kongo and JDS fight he can be dropped as well. Mir has shown some cardio issues in the past, he was dead tired against Nelson. Cain never gasses and just keeps coming. This depends on the game-plan of Cain IMO. If he wants to stand and bang, i give Mir a chance because i think his standup is better overall but if he wants to wrestle, then i see him winning a UD or TKO in the fight. I don't see Mir getting the sub from his back and he's not taking Cain down. Rooting for Mir BTW because Cain is a boring and annoying personality to me, but i think it's a tough one for Mir..

Post Count
    He's got a shot, Mir is very skilled. Neither guy has the best chin TBH. Mir has shown in the past that chin is not very reliable and Cain has shown both in the Kongo and JDS fight he can be dropped as well. Mir has shown some cardio issues in the past, he was dead tired against Nelson. Cain never gasses and just keeps coming. This depends on the game-plan of Cain IMO. If he wants to stand and bang, i give Mir a chance because i think his standup is better overall but if he wants to wrestle, then i see him winning a UD or TKO in the fight. I don't see Mir getting the sub from his back and he's not taking Cain down. Rooting for Mir BTW because Cain is a boring and annoying personality to me, but i think it's a tough one for Mir..
    Fair enough. Interestingly enough, I would rather see it go to the ground. I like Mir's standup, but against a big hard striker like BP, it only takes one good shot... And Mir has shown in past fights with big hard strikers that he can take at least one or two, but then doesn't realize that they're taking a toll and doesn't cover up or defend, and then gets KO'd. If it stays on the feet, I'm hoping to see something along the lines of the Kongo fight; catch him on the chin or temple with a decent combo and then go in for a quick sub while he's wobbly. If it goes to the ground, Mir either needs to sub him on the TD attempt (guillotine, darce, etc), or sweep and sub/gnp. Or else BP is going to smother him and GnP him into an oblivion, which is also a strong possibility.

I bet Mir is a 3 to 1 dog in this one, unfortunately. This will be his career defining fight, imo. Win and get one last shot at the le. Lose, and become a Gate Keeper for the HW division or just retire. A loss here will pretty much destroy any chance of ever getting another shot -- I just don't see another 4 to 5 fight win streak in him. (that is, I don't think he can take it mentally, and probably would retire)

Holy crap this card is stacked with awesome heavyweight action. Big Country is one of my favorite fighters to watch.

UFC announced today 146 Main Card will be all HWs

http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-146-fight-card-updates

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Multiple fighters will be "surprise" drug-tested ahead of schedule.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28007/nsac...of-ufc-146.mma

Suppose this means trouble for anyone?

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    shad maybe

rory?

Post Count
    Multiple fighters will be "surprise" drug-tested ahead of schedule.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28007/nsac...of-ufc-146.mma

Suppose this means trouble for anyone?
    Obviously OverTool is getting all the hype right now. He looks to be double Mir's size in the presser, and Mir isn't a small guy.

I have this nagging gross feeling that Mir is going to fail. If he does, I will retire to my room, cry, and then curse that ing cheater until the day I die. Please, Frank, tell me I'm wrong.

Post Count
    Obviously OverTool is getting all the hype right now. He looks to be double Mir's size in the presser, and Mir isn't a small guy.

I have this nagging gross feeling that Mir is going to fail. If he does, I will retire to my room, cry, and then curse that ing cheater until the day I die. Please, Frank, tell me I'm wrong.
    Well he's not fighting Reem, Cain is not a huge HW Mir should be bigger than hiim so what are you worried about? If Mir can beat Cain he can beat Reem. Reem is a monster of strength and power but his flaws lie in his cardio and questionable chin.. Sadly for Mir he has those same issues..

Post Count
    Well he's not fighting Reem, Cain is not a huge HW Mir should be bigger than hiim so what are you worried about? If Mir can beat Cain he can beat Reem. Reem is a monster of strength and power but his flaws lie in his cardio and questionable chin.. Sadly for Mir he has those same issues..
    Context is everything, homie. I was talking about the roid test. I think Mir would PLOW through Over with ease. I also can't wait to watch him snap Brown Prides leg at the knee.

Well this card is going to be reshuffled, Overeem fails test:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28109/alis...medium=twitter

Post Count
    Well this card is going to be reshuffled, Overeem fails test:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28109/alis...medium=twitter
    Just saw this i am gonna make a new thread on this if you don't mind Ace. His future in the UFC could be in danger..

Just saw this i am gonna make a new thread on this if you don't mind Ace. His future in the UFC could be in danger..
    Go ahead

Post Count
    Wonder if Mir gets bumped up to the le shot.. Cain would not get it without winning a fight first against somebody..

if Cain is in shape and healthy i think he kills Dos Santos but Mir will probably get the nod

Post Count
    War mir!

Thread Information