Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really good analysis by timvp. It is glaring that OKC doesn't respect Bonner and, perhaps, his teammates don't trust him. Diaw needs to take his shot without hesitation. There is opportunity for Loanard and Green to attack the rim from the baseline. Also, lol at asking Gary Neal to make an extra pass. Once it gets to Neal, it ain't coming back out -- reminds me of Terry mings.
    That's on Pop. He tells Neal over and over "if you don't shoot, you're coming out of the game". He doesn't get fat money like the others (relatively speaking) so he's a worker. He wants another contract, wants to stay in the game, so he shoots. That why he was acquired. That's one of his very few NBA level skills, and he's a dead eye, cold blooded shooter.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Going to be interesting to see if Pop and the Spurs can turn things back around in game four.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Incredible work. Good stuff, LJ

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no bonner. he sits. Sjax takes his minutes from now on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So according to Express News Pop still hasn't done a film review. I can understand that they didn't bring the effort but there were some legitimate changes that SB made that they need to adjust to. If they don't they're making it much harder for themselves. Not adjusting is how you end up losing playoff series. It's not just all about effort at this level. It's as much about matchups and strategies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll wait for this post to be on ESPN.com

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would running a double pick and roll work
    by double i mean 2 guys coming to set a pick

it could be either duncan/diaw
    duncan/splitter
    duncan/blair
    splitter/diaw

where one guy rolls and one pops
    it could give parker more room to operate since its less predictable where hes going and id imagine its harder to switch/keep up with 3 guys who could all do 3 different things
    it would also create more mismatches
    Yes. In fact I would shockingly say that it's a weakness of the Spurs coaches that don't recognize that this is EXACTLY what the Spurs need to do in games where Parker is having troubles penetrating.

Let's face it, if Parker is unable to penetrate our offense breaks down into isolation plays. Sometimes Manu will step up and run pick-n-rolls when Parker can't penetrate but outside of that, we're pretty much hosed if Parker isn't able to beat his man on a dribble.

In fact if you watch Orlando Magic's version of the double pick-n-roll...it could also be effective:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eje1caq2_HA

Also another form of double pick-n-roll which could be used with Manu and Parker (Manu would be the 1, Parker the 3.... I'd add one more optional wrinkle in this play which is to bring the number 2 to the basket and the number 1 swinging right where number 2 left his spot...allowing the 3 to pass to an open shooter or attempt a drive to the basket):

Seriously it just surprises me that the Spurs coaches don't have plays like this in their pocket for times when Parker is unable to beat his defender.
    Last edited by wut; 06-02-2012 at 04:51 PM.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    tl;dr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously it just surprises me that the Spurs coaches don't have plays like this in their pocket for times when Parker is unable to beat his defender.
    They probably do, it just doesn't matter when your guys are playing like and can't even execute their own plays properly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They probably do, it just doesn't matter when your guys are playing like and can't even execute their own plays properly.
    This.

And no 4 down (sorry Timmy).

Thread Information