Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    National media and some basketball fans have said the Spurs are a boring team with a clean-cut, good-guy reputation.
    But as the team sealed its second victory against the Oklahoma City Thunder and 20th consecutive win Tuesday, several fans got involved in very un-Spurs-man-like behavior: a brawl broke out with Thunder fans.
    Ushers and Bexar County sheriff's deputies broke up the fight, which was recorded by a nearby game attendee and by TNT's cameras. Three Spurs fans, a woman and two men, were arrested on charges of assault with bodily injury.
    Ariel Martinez, 32; his wife Diana Galvan, 35, and Eloy Gonzalez, 40, all were released from Bexar County Jail after posting $2,500 bail each.
    Witnesses told deputies who work security at the AT&T Center that tempers flared after two Thunder fans waved a Kevin Durant jersey near the close of the game, which ended in a 120-111 Spurs victory.
    Gonzalez, who sat in Row 22, said the jersey-waving had been obstructing his view throughout the whole game. After several complaints, an usher allegedly asked the Thunder fans twice to sit down and keep the garment still, according to Gonzalez, Martinez and Galvan. But halfway through the third quarter, Gonzalez said he approached the Thunder fan, sitting four rows away.
    “I grabbed the jersey because I couldn't see the game,” Gonzalez said. “He told me to give it back, but I threw it and started walking back to my seat.”
    Then, Gonzalez said, the Thunder fan punched him in the back of the neck and the two began to brawl. As they exchanged blows, the pair rolled over seats and landed in front of Martinez and Galvan, who were sitting with their 18-year-old son and two daughters, ages 13 and 19.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...#ixzz1wYcyUhRR

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Laker fan behavior. first you start to win like us, then your fans became obnoxious like us ...now the shallow end of your fanbase is rioting like us. Welcome to the club

Class.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good there's no place for that, these people should be banned from the AT&T Center as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, this kind of stuff always happens. They just make a super big deal of it here. In the soccer world, fights like this happen almost every game but no one makes a huge butt hurt deal about it. Mix in the alcohol and it's a recipe for disaster.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs fans were on fire, hopefully the spurs saw it and will be on fire too

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker fan behavior. first you start to win like us, then your fans became obnoxious like us ...now the shallow end of your fanbase is rioting like us. Welcome to the club

Class.
    Maybe SJax should give Harden another elbow just for good measure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I'd rather Spurs fans be too emotional than too quiet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idiots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. Maybe we're to nice. I always control my emotions at games but sometimes it's to much. It got to the point at Lakers games where they were almost taking over the damn building.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn these were some grown ass men to. 32, 40 and a 35 year old woman. LMAO show em whats up SA TOWN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol fat fake tough guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You pay good money to go watch a game and instead you get to see some stupid inconsiderate prick waving a jersey around.

Fans tend to emulate their team and city.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn these were some grown ass men to. 32, 40 and a 35 year old woman. LMAO show em whats up SA TOWN.
    our fan base is TOSBs too

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hopefully less warnings are given, and they just kick them out now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our fan base is TOSBs too
    Yup what's a team full of RJ's. You need a few SJax's around to regulate. For the most part spur fan= classy though. Don't act like deep down you don't wish some random spur fan slaps Lakers fan silly.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumbasses. Someone's doing that, tell an usher. That's what those guys are there for, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumbasses. Someone's doing that, tell an usher. That's what those guys are there for, right?
    Yeah in my experiences they just say something...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds like my kinda crowd. oi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather Spurs fans be too emotional than too quiet.
    Unfortunately, this probably had more to do with being too drunk than too sober.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs ball!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those fans were more nasty than the complacent, disinterested team I saw last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how anyone can bemoan the behavior of the Spurs fan in this situation. The Thunder fan was being obnoxious, kept being obnoxious despite being told to stop, so the Spurs fan said it and took away the thing the guy was being obnoxious with and got stole on in the back of the head. How's that his fault exactly? The Thunder fan is clearly the in this scenerio, if the story is accurate anyway.

I'm guessing the Spurs fan beat the out of him though considering he got rolled for battery and inflicting bodily injury, so at least justice somewhat prevailed here.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like me?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all you mother ers, we used pour beer all over Pat Riley. When I was a kid if you came into the Hemisfair with a lakers shirt you got your ass beat. We are nice now but we used to be ruthless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being the confrontational type of person, I would've told that Thunder Jersey-waving dude to take it down a notch. If not, I would've done something physically similar. that. I'm not gonna have some opposing team Jersey waved in my face out of disrespect. I'm sure a lot of you all feel the same but are just to pussy to go that route. Man up, tbqh.

Thread Information