Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he goes to CSKA as they seem to have all the money. Good for us they get him and leave Lobrek to us............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to bet right now that he plays for CSKA next season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ersan Ilyasova has a five-year offer on table from Bucks. The amount is unknown.

https://twitter.com/#!/GeryWoelfel

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no way it's less than 40 IMO and likely that its 60M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest about Ilyasova:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ne...ht-howard.html

The Bucks have offered Ilyasova a five-year contract near $40 million, league sources said, and so far have shown no desire to partner in a sign-and-trade deal that the Nets need to acquire him.

Ilyasova, 25, has listened to overtures from other teams and is waiting to see what unfolds. He’s taking two visits to two teams with salary-cap space this week, including the Cleveland Cavaliers, sources said.
    It looks Spurs have zero chance of getting Ilyasova. The only way they could get him is by offering him a huge contract like $35M/4 years and giving great assets to Milwaukee. He's not worth that. Spurs would better by just signing Diaw and/or Lorbek.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Splitter is a Center, the Bucks would want him. You could definitely see a S&T this offseason by the Spurs. I suggested Blair, Bonner, and Neal for the #12 pick which the Bucks own because they need depth and shooters. But I think it would take Splitter, Bonner and Neal for Ilyasova. Honestly, I wouldn't mind the Spurs S&T for Mayo as well. They could have a 3 team trade where they trade Green to Utah, a 1st rounder to Memphis, and the Spurs pickup Mayo.

Spurs have alot of options this FA, and the way things are playing out, I glad they didn't trade up in this draft but stay put and seem to be looking for established players to upgrade their roster.

Parker/Mills/De Colo
    Mayo/Manu/De Colo
    Kwahi/SJax
    Ilyasova/Lorbek
    Duncan/(FA Vet like Camby)

Its obvious the Spurs are working on something otherwise Duncan would have been resigned by now.

For me, one question is how much does Splitter figure in the future of the Spurs. When he's a free agent in a couple of years, will the Spurs be willing to pay him? Is he important in a post-Duncan scenario? Because there's no doubt that other teams will be willing to overpay him. I still think Ilyasova + Udoh can be more successful than Splitter + Bonner + Blair. Giving up Splitter is no easy decision, but I have to think it would make a sign and trade work.

A small observation: When a non-regular posts an idea on spurstalk, it's often responded to immediately by regulars with things like Not Possible, Won't Happen, Move on.... but then when Timvp posts the same thought, all of those guys go quiet as church mice. Timvp clearly knows his basketball and I enjoy reading his posts, but it's pretty amusing to an infrequent spurtalk visitor how obsequious and frightened so many of the posters around here are... God forbid some of you should ever disagree with him!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me, one question is how much does Splitter figure in the future of the Spurs. When he's a free agent in a couple of years, will the Spurs be willing to pay him? Is he important in a post-Duncan scenario? Because there's no doubt that other teams will be willing to overpay him. I still think Ilyasova + Udoh can be more successful than Splitter + Bonner + Blair. Giving up Splitter is no easy decision, but I have to think it would make a sign and trade work.

A small observation: When a non-regular posts an idea on spurstalk, it's often responded to immediately by regulars with things like Not Possible, Won't Happen, Move on.... but then when Timvp posts the same thought, all of those guys go quiet as church mice. Timvp clearly knows his basketball and I enjoy reading his posts, but it's pretty amusing to an infrequent spurtalk visitor how obsequious and frightened so many of the posters around here are... God forbid some of you should ever disagree with him!
    I've noticed that too but there are some posters like TD21 that like to disagree with LJ. But I guess it's because MOST,not all, want to hate on us Greys and think we don't have knowledge of basketball. But there are some respected "bolded" that actually respect "Greys" opinions and answer their questions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks offering Ersan Ilyasova $40 million over five years ---- Nets, Cavs, Raptors, Spurs & Euro team still in the mix

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/07/0....raptors.spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am very surprised its only 40M. That is the same per year value of Asik.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks offering Ersan Ilyasova $40 million over five years ---- Nets, Cavs, Raptors, Spurs & Euro team still in the mix

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2012/07/0....raptors.spurs
    Spurs aren't in the mix.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for dumping Bonner/Blair/Splitter in that order of preference. The key with Splitter, is he is the most attractive of those assets, so a logical thrown in if we could trade the 3.

The thought of paying Splitter a lot of money as our primary big man, once Duncan retires, just not feeling it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to admit, I don't see any realistic way the Spurs can be in the mix for this guy. Nice try and certainly a player they could use.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is a such a perfect fit. Sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will never count out the spurs FO, but this one certainly does not look good from happening for spurs fans...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Pelister ‏@Can_SB

Ersan Ilyasova is not interested to join any Euro club, a source told me.

Can Pelister ‏@Can_SB

Ersan Ilyasova will join Bucks or Nets next season, a source close to Ilyasova tells me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well . Guess we can all move along to our second pipedream, AK47

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why was this guy considered a realistic option?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because many thought MIL would have interest in Tiago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Pelister ‏@Can_SB

Ersan Ilyasova is not interested to join any Euro club, a source told me.

Can Pelister ‏@Can_SB

Ersan Ilyasova will join Bucks or Nets next season, a source close to Ilyasova tells me.
    The Nets are still in the mix after using their midlevel on that other Euro dude?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets are still in the mix after using their midlevel on that other Euro dude?
    They have some filthy rich Eastern European owner who is more than willing to go over the tax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S&T for Humphries. Of course, Humphries, Ilyasova, and the Bucks would all have to agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S&T for Humphries. Of course, Humphries, Ilyasova, and the Bucks would all have to agree.
    I'm also simply surprised that they (reportedly) used their full midlevel on a power forward they're going to use as a backup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why was this guy considered a realistic option?
    I hope the Spurs explore every option possible to land him, including sign & trades. The Bucks are one team that might actually be interested in a guy like Splitter and if they think they're going to lose Ilyasova anyway, might be interested in a Splitter & Bonner combo plus other parts or future draft picks in exchange for him and a young project big like Larry Sanders or Ekpe Udoh. Outside chance at best, but definitely worth a try.
    If Duncan is ready to take a paycut for his new contract, Ilyasova isn't that much of a reach.

If that's true ... that's verrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting.

How would the Spurs go after him? Gotta think he makes more than the MLE . . .
    I couldn't really argue if the Spurs want to go all out for Ilyasova before going with Diaw/Lorbek. Ilyasova is an aggressive player who can hit threes and rebound at the power forward position. Those are so rare that the Spurs have to be intrigued.

Hopefully we hear more . . .

I don't think anyone said it was a "realistic option." Everyone seemed to acknowledge that it was an outside chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And last season the Bucks offered him to the rest of the league for any 1st round pick and nobody was interested.

Ohh well ..we can't complain considering that we used our pick to get rid of Jefferson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://sulia.com/post/basketball/b90...-a41d75d776e2/

Free agent forward Ersan Ilyasova is close to an agreement on a five-year, $45 million contract to stay with the Milwaukee Bucks, agent Tolga Tugsavul tells HoopsHype. The deal is almost finalized and will likely be signed this coming week, Tugsavul said.

Thread Information