Weight: 235 lbs. / 106.6 kg.
    Prior to NBA / Country:
    Pau Orthez / France
    Years Pro: 8

Info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs want to resign Diaw but at what price?

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/spurs...iaw-what-price

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 years $10m would be a good deal for the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude needs to get in shape before he gets any kind of deal IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised at all to see some teams offering the full MLE. Quality bigs are expensive. The question is whether or not Spurs will be one of these teams and if not, what kind of paycut Diaw is ready to take to stay with Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Diaw is already in love with San Antonio, and he wouldn't mind taking a low paycut in reasonnable way to stay with his buddy.
    Now do the Spurs want to keep him ? Or going to a Big Man ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still up in the air on this one. Not sure how the Spurs should handle this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still up in the air on this one. Not sure how the Spurs should handle this.
    Unless we have a big move in mind (e.g. Garnett, Ilyasova), I think we need to bring him back. He's useful in a lot of ways and gives us versatility. He's a pretty good defender, and there are a ton of wrinkles we can keep adding to the motion offense to take advantage of a big man with the handles and passing of a point.

And if Pop and Tony can smack him upside the head enough times that he starts taking the open shot without hesitating, the upside is huge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course if it's him or practically nothing than I would want him back. Spurs desperately need to make a move for another big man though IMO. Diaw/Splitter is not enough next to Duncan. Overpaying for Diaw wouldn't be a smart move IMO as he will end up wearing out his welcome pretty quick here if we don't win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there any reports of another team being interested in Diaw? I knew he wouldn't be a major prize but you'd think some team would make an early push for him . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there any reports of another team being interested in Diaw? I knew he wouldn't be a major prize but you'd think some team would make an early push for him . . .
    Diaw seems to take his free agent status very quietly. The difference with Batum in that area is huge. Batum doesn't play games with FNT to avoid injuries and went back to the USA to negotiate his contract. Diaw plays games and is staying in France.

I'm not sure exactly what is behind that but it's almost too quiet. His agent reportedly went to SA while Spurs were still playing and talked with Spurs about his client future. I wouldn't be overly surprised that there were some kind of verbal agreement about a new contract resulting of this meeting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I imagine he's a plan B/C for most teams. His skill is well-do ented, but so is his passiveness and inconsistency. Like Bruno said, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some conversation around what it would take to bring him back to the Spurs, but I expect his true market won't materialize until later this summer regardless. Could be a long summer of no news with Diaw.

That is, if he wants to consider going elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw seems to take his free agent status very quietly. The difference with Batum in that area is huge. Batum doesn't play games with FNT to avoid injuries and went back to the USA to negotiate his contract. Diaw plays games and is staying in France.

I'm not sure exactly what is behind that but it's almost too quiet. His agent reportedly went to SA while Spurs were still playing and talked with Spurs about his client future. I wouldn't be overly surprised that there were some kind of verbal agreement about a new contract resulting of this meeting.
    Maybe Diaw really doesn't want to play for a bad team again and would like to continue to play with Parker? Since Diaw's already made quite a bit of money, do you think he'd be willing to take the LLE or a small amount of the MLE in exchange for a no-trade clause?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only other name I saw mentioned besides the Spurs was Boston.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt there are many teams that are interested in Diaw. He's likely to not give effort and get fat on many teams. Why would they bother?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't live with him, can't live without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Diaw really doesn't want to play for a bad team again and would like to continue to play with Parker? Since Diaw's already made quite a bit of money, do you think he'd be willing to take the LLE or a small amount of the MLE in exchange for a no-trade clause?
    No-trade clauses don't really exist in NBA.

What I've read in French press about Diaw is that he was looking for a $6M per year contract and even if he would like to come back to Spurs, he could go elsewhere too.

Even with all his defaults, a full MLE deal would be a fair deal for Diaw. Quality bigs are expensive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't give Diaw the full MLE. Let him walk if it comes to that. JMO. Not the type of player you want on the team for 3 or 4 more years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A full MLE offer for Diaw? The Spurs would have to think about that. They'd have to see if they can get a cheaper replacement (or a comparable one with more potential). It'd also depend on whether they can sign Lorbek and if they think he's ready for a big role.

I might give a thumbs up to giving Diaw a full MLE offer, especially if someone like Asik is getting $8 million, but it will depend on how the market shakes out. It's not automatic.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    No-trade clauses don't really exist in NBA.
    what do you mean? just outta curiosity. iirc, only kobe and dirk have no-trade clauses currently. do you mean they don't really exist because they're so rare? are they really hard to get? i feel like a player has to be on a team for a certain amount of years--am i correct?

iirc devean george had a no-trade clause when the mavs tried to trade him for kidd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love clowns that say "Full MLE? let him walk'

Theres no one as good to replace...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what do you mean? just outta curiosity. iirc, only kobe and dirk have no-trade clauses currently. do you mean they don't really exist because they're so rare? are they really hard to get? i feel like a player has to be on a team for a certain amount of years--am i correct?

iirc devean george had a no-trade clause when the mavs tried to trade him for kidd.
    You can read who can get or has a no-trade clause here:
    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q97

Diaw isn't eligible to get a no-trade clause. Speaking of no-trade clause, it would be somewhat logical if Duncan had one in his new contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something regarding the full MLE is that it isn't at all in the same category than in the precious CBA.

In 2010-2011, a full MLE offer was $33.4M/5 years.
    In 2012-2013, a full MLE offer is $21.4M/4 years.

Even if with one less year, the full MLE is $12M less than the old CBA latest full MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me Bruno, that was one of the more glaring differences in the CBA from a contract perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love clowns that say "Full MLE? let him walk'

Theres no one as good to replace...
    The Spurs or any team shouldn't pressure themselves into giving a bad contract because "there's no one as good to replace" that summer . There are different avenues the Spurs can take to land a good big man instead of just handing over bad contracts to lazy players because they can't get anybody else that summer. That's what mismanaged teams do.

I, for one, do not want Diaw on the books for 4 more years. That's just my opinion, clown.

Thread Information