Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ..but that was one of the top 3 playoff performances from a perimeter player of all-time, tbh..only Lebron vs. Detroit is on the same level..

It means nothing if they lose game 7, but regardless, I can't think of another perimeter player that had a game that rivals this historic game..

Jordan's 63 came in 3 OTs in a game with 40 additional possessions, and he had absolutely no pressure, at that time..Kobe has had a few, but he had Shaq, allowing him to face less defensive attention..

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Real Talk, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not an LBJ fan and saying this is a top 3 performance

Jordan has at least half a dozen performances trumping it, Kobe has a few games against a Spurs team that was much better than this Celtics team. Celtics are a tired team that are overperforming and they didn't play great today.

LBJ had a great game, but don't start a circle jerk and put it in a top 10 of all time performance, let alone tp 3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post them..

The first player to put up 45-15-5 in 48 years..never been done in the modern era..against the number 1 defense in the NBA..in an elimination game, on the road, with limited teammate production..

There isn't a better game, sorry..

mentioning any Kobe game with Shaq on the team..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Post them..

The first player to put up 45-15-5 in 48 years..never been done in the modern era..against the number 1 defense in the NBA..in an elimination game, on the road, with limited teammate production..

mentioning any Kobe game with Shaq on the team..
    I like how you conviently put in the 5 assists to exclude Kobe's game 1 performance against a 2001 Spurs team that was better defensively than this Celtics team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe fan angry about assists..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    + also just because Shaq was on the team doesn't take away from the fact he racked up 46/16 on that team. Everybody knows Shaq won the war, but that series, Kobe won the battle.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Post them..

The first player to put up 45-15-5 in 48 years..never been done in the modern era..against the number 1 defense in the NBA.
    Did that look like the #1 defense in the NBA to you? The Celtics obviously had no legs tonight. Pierce looked like he was playing in mud. Rondo was the only Celtics player that had any life in him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe fan angry about assists..
    thinking I'm a kobe fan when I take crap about him all the time
    saying you're not an LBJ fan, but calling this a top 3 performance
    Saying you're not an LBJ fan and then saying his game against the Pistons was the best ever in NBA history
    Thinking this celtics team is elite because they got the upper hand on an overrated heat team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't include a player that had the most unstoppable player in NBA history, in his prime, on the court with him..makes it a lot easier to perform..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a fact that the Celtics D is elite and the #1 D in the NBA..

arguing with quantified, statistical facts..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can't include a player that had the most unstoppable player in NBA history, in his prime, on the court with him..makes it a lot easier to perform..
    Not knowing Spurs were one of the few, if not only team that could handle Shaq
    We could only beat the spurs by relying on Kobe/Fisher/role-players most of the time
    Never watched the series or would know this

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's a fact that the Celtics D is elite and the #1 D in the NBA..

arguing with quantified, statistical facts..
    Defense is worse today than it was in the early 2000s
    Grasping straws to put LBJ in GoAT discussion
    Overrating the Celtics
    Being able to play mediocre defense in the east makes you the best in the conference

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What I wanna know is why the op posts ellipses nonstop u got OCD or something bro?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's his schtick, and it's not really harmful so I just ignore it.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How is that considered a shtick? It's just bad grammar and makes you look like kool aid

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How is that considered a shtick? It's just bad grammar and makes you look like kool aid
    They both have about the same IQ, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elgin Baylor dropped 61 and 22 to beat the Celtics in regulation in Game 5 of the 62 Finals. 45 and 15 is a very nice line indeed, but 61 and 22 pretty well destroys it.

Magic put up 42/15/7/3 as a rookie, filling in for an injured Kareem at center, in game 6 of the 1980 finals to clench the le.

At age 34, Michael Jordan dropped 38/7/5 in game 5 or the 97 Finals, the "Flu Game", after a doctor told him there was no way he could possibly play.

Isiah Thomas dropped 43/3/8/6 with a sprained ankle in game 6 of the 88 finals.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Elgin Baylor dropped 61 and 22 to beat the Celtics in regulation in Game 5 of the 62 Finals. 45 and 15 is a very nice line indeed, but 61 and 22 pretty well destroys it.

Magic put up 42/15/7/3 as a rookie, filling in for an injured Kareem at center, in game 6 of the 1980 finals to clench the le.

At age 34, Michael Jordan dropped 38/7/5 in game 5 or the 97 Finals, the "Flu Game", after a doctor told him there was no way he could possibly play.

Just one of the few better performances in history

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how you conviently put in the 5 assists to exclude Kobe's game 1 performance against a 2001 Spurs team that was better defensively than this Celtics team.
    Real talk, that was impressive the way he scored at will over Antonio Daniels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post them..

It's the truth.

Game 6 facing elimination on the road...

One more is the fact he won the game in 3 quarters.He could made 50+ easily if they need it.

It was one of the best performances of all time. Only fools can denied it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elgin Baylor played in 1962, where teams averaged 40+ additional possessions per game IIRC..

Magic's game is up there..

Jordan's game was statistically inferior, by a large margin..he couldn't even shoot 50%.. dad getting killed due to gambling

Isiah's game was statistically inferior, it was a loss, and it came against a D that was barely in the top 10..still a greatn performance, though..

Only Magic's game rivals Lebron's, so far..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan's 63 came in 3 OTs in a game with 40 additional possessions, and he had absolutely no pressure, at that time..Kobe has had a few, but he had Shaq, allowing him to face less defensive attention..
    Well, if you want to talk about lack of pressure, LeBron built a comfortable lead and never had to hit any shots in crunch time with the game on the line. Which is fortunate, because LeBron's tendency to choke down the stretch is downright legendary.

Compare that with Jordan's 45 in the clenching Game 6 of the 1998 Finals including a miracle shot to win the game, and Jordan's game came with a crapload more pressure attached to it. But I guess that can't possibly compare with LeBron's night because of the rebounds involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Are you trying to help Harlem with his argument?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan's game was statistically inferior, by a large margin..he couldn't even shoot 50%
    That;s because he didn't play under the current defensive rules which ban hand checking and a whole bunch of vicious physical play that Jordan had to deal with. If Jordan were in his prime today, he could probably drop 50 a game.

But I guess because number of possessions is a numerical measure and defensive rules aren't, you can use that to force the math to come out the way you want.

BTW, if you're "not a big LeBron fan", why is it that you love the Heat so much? Big Udonis Haslem fan?

Also, why is it that you are only counting perimeter players? You do realize that LeBron James's listed playing weight is about 5 pounds different from Tim Duncan's, and he's 3 inches taller than Charles Barkley?
    Last edited by tesseractive; 06-08-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Thread Information