Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Is the Green Tea from Japan?
    South America I believe

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe the study you posted was nonsense too.

Glad you agree.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Are you a doctor? Total blasphemy to dismiss what I said as nonsense. There is a lot of truth to the power of a raw food diet as well as anti cancer properties of many vegetables. Cancer is largely preventable, but it's becoming increasingly more rampant due to unnatural environmental factors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you a doctor? Total blasphemy to diiss what I said as nonsense. There is a lot of truth to the power of a raw food diet as well as anti cancer properties of many vegetables. Cancer is largely preventable, but it's becoming increasingly more rampant due to unnatural environmental factors.
    I was talking about the study you posted about US deaths.

According to your own words, you think it's nonsense.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I do believe it is causing higher cancer rates here in the US and will continue moreso in the near future. Not sure why you thought I disagreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do believe it is causing higher cancer rates here in the US and will continue moreso in the near future. Not sure why you thought I disagreed.
    You disagreed with the words you posted.

There was not one statistic about cancer rates in that journal article. You didn't even read it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Japanese Dock A Noah's Ark Or A Trojan Horse?

http://www.npr.org/2012/06/08/154588...e?sc=17&f=1007

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US braces for tsunami debris, but impact unclear

More than a year after a tsunami devastated Japan, killing thousands of people and washing millions of tons of debris into the Pacific Ocean, the U.S. government and West Coast states don't have a cohesive plan for cleaning up the rubble that floats to American shores.

There is also no firm handle yet on just what to expect.

The Japanese government estimates that 1.5 million tons of debris is floating in the ocean from the catastrophe. Some experts in the United States think the bulk of that trash will never reach shore, while others fear a massive, slowly-unfolding environmental disaster.

"I think this is far worse than any oil spill that we've ever faced on the West Coast or any other environmental disaster we've faced on the West Coast" in terms of the debris' weight, type and geographic scope, said Chris Pallister, president of a group dedicated to cleaning marine debris from the Alaska coastline.

David Kennedy, assistant administrator for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's National Ocean Service, told a U.S. Senate panel last month that in most cases debris removal decisions will fall to individual states. Funding hasn't been determined.

U.S. Sen. Mark Begich, D-Alaska, and other West Coast political leaders, have called that scenario unacceptable, saying tsunami debris poses a pending national emergency. "If this was a one-time event all at once, we'd declare it an emergency and we'd be on the ground like that," he said, during the hearing he led.

One astonishing example of how the unexpected can suddenly appear occurred Wednesday in Oregon when a concrete and metal dock that measured 66 feet long, seven feet tall and 19 feet wide, washed ashore a mile north of Newport. A Japanese consulate official in Portland confirmed that the dock came from the northern Japanese city of Misawa, cut loose in the tsunami of March 11, 2011.

"I think that the dock is a forerunner of all the heavier stuff that's coming later, and amongst that heavier stuff are going to be a lot of drums full of chemicals that we won't be able to identify," Pallister said.

His group, Gulf of Alaska Keeper, works in the same region devastated by the Exxon Valdez oil spill, which dumped 11 million gallons of oil into Prince William Sound in 1989.

http://mobile.sfgate.com/sfchron/db_...l=true#display

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm equally amazed at the continued acceptance of the US govts word as gospel whenever their credibility has been shot to .
    LOL Russian "media" reports.

Seriously?

Whatever fault you might have the the US government, the Russian goverment and state controlled media is even less credible.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/gree...vladimir-putin

http://cpj.org/killed/europe/russia/

How much can you rely on Russian media when the Russian goverment has been arguably assassinating journalists?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize there is a doctor who specializes in radiation effects on humans who posts here on a semi-regular basis, right?

What will you say if he says you are wrong about that?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He's a govt. shill.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    surrounded by a faint, blue glow.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do believe it is causing higher cancer rates here in the US and will continue moreso in the near future.
    Why do you believe that? Was there something in literature that suggested that this is the case?

Cancer is largely preventable, but it's becoming increasingly more rampant due to unnatural environmental factors.
    Besides the supposed contribution from Fukushima can you name some other sources that contribute significantly to cancer prevalence? It would also help if you elaborated on what types of cancer you are referring to.

Ugh....."preventable". One of the most misused terms as it applies to medical maladies.

Cancer isn't preventable. STD's are preventable. You may reduce your lifetime risk of developing cancer, but there is no known way to reduce said risk to zero (ie prevent it). If you have a method for prevention, I'd be very interested in hearing about it.

You do realize there is a doctor who specializes in radiation effects on humans who posts here on a semi-regular basis, right?

What will you say if he says you are wrong about that?
    He's a govt. shill.
    surrounded by a faint, blue glow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody else seems to understand the seriousness behind it...
    This implies that you alone have knowledge of the situation. Do share.

........this is the thread for any and all Fukushima related talk.
    Apparently not.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199780

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You're a doctor and you're telling me that the is safe? Just to clarify

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a doctor and you're telling me that the is safe? Just to clarify
    You might want to clarify what you mean by "the ."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a doctor and you're telling me that the is safe?
    No. Where did I state that?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    so is fukushima a threat to all those living in the northern hemisphere or not?

first, are you a nuclear physics expert, or a doctor who understands the implications radiation has on the human body? there is a difference

Troll
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you believe that? Was there something in literature that suggested that this is the case?

Besides the supposed contribution from Fukushima can you name some other sources that contribute significantly to cancer prevalence? It would also help if you elaborated on what types of cancer you are referring to.

Ugh....."preventable". One of the most misused terms as it applies to medical maladies.

Cancer isn't preventable. STD's are preventable. You may reduce your lifetime risk of developing cancer, but there is no known way to reduce said risk to zero (ie prevent it). If you have a method for prevention, I'd be very interested in hearing about it.

Ah, the prodigal son returns.

I wouldn't say cancer isn't preventable per say, but what I get what you;re saying. Some cancers are very preventable, like mesothelioma. Avoid Asbestos, and it's pretty much prevented.

That said, Petrochechemical and coal plants release more radiation than the average nuclear plant. The perspectives being discussed here are all wrong. Radiation has been around on this planet since it was created, 5000 years for some people, Billions for others.

Man made things, especially petrochemicals haven't been around for that long. Toulene for example, is a carcinogen and is found in consumer products everywhere.

But some of the morons here are more concerned about some leaking radiation from the other side of the world.

Troll
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so is fukushima a threat to all those living in the northern hemisphere or not?

first, are you a nuclear physics expert, or a doctor who understands the implications radiation has on the human body? there is a difference
    A doctor/physician wouldn't know it that well either. Most doctors/physicians are oncologists and intend to cause harm at high levels of radiation.

You're looking for the term radiation biologist. Eric Hall is a notable one. You might want to read his work. It's a crap-load more worthwhile than the accounting methods you're studying

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ^can't talk about anything without your look at me i'm a scientist herp derp superiority complex

not everyone is a radiation biologist or wants to be one, buddy. i want to be a geologist.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    but out of curiosity, what does Eric Hall say about Fukushima?

See the problem I'm having is, I don't trust anything the government says (you'd be stupid to) and a lot of others are coming out saying this is disastrous. It's hard to really know who's right without being an expert, but intuition and common sense tell me that those screaming disaster are a lot closer to right than the govt trolls who say everything is just fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wouldn't say cancer isn't preventable per say, but what I get what you;re saying. Some cancers are very preventable, like mesothelioma. Avoid Asbestos, and it's pretty much prevented.
    Aye, hence my request that he elaborate on what type of cancer(s) he was referring to.

That said, Petrochechemical and coal plants release more radiation than the average nuclear plant. The perspectives being discussed here are all wrong. Radiation has been around on this planet since it was created, 5000 years for some people, Billions for others.

Man made things, especially petrochemicals haven't been around for that long. Toulene for example, is a carcinogen and is found in consumer products everywhere.

But some of the morons here are more concerned about some leaking radiation from the other side of the world.
    Good insight. I don't think people realize how much of a contribution to radiation burden traditional coal plants make.

Release from an event like Fukushima is certainly concerning and shouldn't be viewed with a cavalier at ude. Its also quite annoying, though, when folks begin to claim that the sky is falling without having an adequate understanding of the physical principles underlying the events. I'm not referring to the OP here per-se, but all of the "experts" on the you-tube links.

Makes for better drama tbh.

Ah, the prodigal son returns.
    You must have me confused with the man in your mirror.

Thread Information