Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah - thats what I'm saying. Physics will require you to do at least 2-3 more semsters of calc/diffeq/linear (even a minor) on top of the physics classes required. Honestly, even the 100 level physics classes I took had pre and corecs of calc 1 and 2 and would have been MUCH easier with calc 3.
    A lot of the math will be handled in physics classes, I would think. I'm sure you need single and multivariable calc + ODE, but isn't the linear taken care of in quantum mechanics and probability in statistical mechanics?

Troll
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the engineering and physics students at UNM automatically get math minors. Its nuts. Mechanics required Calc 1 as a coreq (just re ed) and EM/Thermo had Calc2 as a coreq. Those classes would have been much easier for me with Calc 3 under my belt before them. However, taking CM before Calc 3 meant I already knew EVERYTHING about vectors.
    Small point here but big implications

Cal 1, 2, and 3 at smaller universities and CC in TX don't have the full range subject matter included at TAMU, UT, TTU or Rice. A lot of vector cal is included in cal 2 and diffEQ in Cal 3 at these schools.

It shown up when transferring courses. I've heard a lot of whines about this over the years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of the math will be handled in physics classes, I would think. I'm sure you need single and multivariable calc + ODE, but isn't the linear taken care of in quantum mechanics and probability in statistical mechanics?
    Oops, forgot that linear is almost always done as two classes: one where you do lots of 2x2 and 3x3 matrices, gaussian elimination, eigenvectors, determinants and then the second when you study finite-dimensional vector spaces, linear maps, direct sums, dual spaces, bilinear forms, etc. The second is the stuff it seems you'd learn in QM, but I guess that's a huge jump if you don't have some experience with the machinery of matrices from the first linear class.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-17-2012 at 11:27 PM.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    matrices?! the , that's easy stuff. you lost me on everything else you just said though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    matrices?! the , that's easy stuff. you lost me on everything else you just said though
    BB just being a nerd tbh. Pay him no mind.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    My head hurts. Thx

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    With all the overly educated horn tooters in this topic you think we would have a cure for autism by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all the overly educated horn tooters in this topic you think we would have a cure for autism by now.
    God forbid people talk about physics and all the math one would have to study when someone asks about studying physics. The threads can't all be about WTC 7 tbh.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    maybe we could discuss the physics of WTC 7 collapsing

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Try to leave your religious beliefs out of this topic.

My point is whats the use of tooting your horn how educated you are and what classes your taking if you haven't done with all that knowledge?

You think Manny is going to weatherman collage to help figure out a way to bring rain to people in the desert?

You think Agloco is using his huge educated massive brain to cure Cancer?

What has Manny,Agloco,or any other horn tooter in this topic said to help anyone from being contaminated or warned us from the dangers ahead?

Go look at the first topics made when this disaster took place look how Agloco and many others said the radiation will not travel to the US and how safe we are and stop over reacting.

It's a wonder how the guy can still fit in his car with all the crow he has had to eat.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i tooted my horn the other day and prevented a guy from swerving into oncoming traffic.......saving many lives.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i tooted my horn the other day and prevented a guy from swerving into oncoming traffic.......saving many lives.
    That is a prime example of not wasting driving school classes.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That is a prime example of not wasting driving school classes.
    yes, i ranked 1st in horn tooting. some thought it was a god given talent but i recall it being the effort i placed on crafting my driving education.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

My point is whats the use of tooting your horn how educated you are and what classes your taking if you haven't done with all that knowledge?

You think Manny is going to weatherman collage to help figure out a way to bring rain to people in the desert?

What has Manny,Agloco,or any other horn tooter in this topic said to help anyone from being contaminated or warned us from the dangers ahead?

Go look at the first topics made when this disaster took place look how Agloco and many others said the radiation will not travel to the US and how safe we are and stop over reacting.

It's a wonder how the guy can still fit in his car with all the crow he has had to eat.
    You act like Japanese radiation possibly spreading to the US has caused a nationwide scare with millions worried about the food they eat when it's basically the Alex Jones tinfoil hat crew as the only group who's worried

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ^well to be honest it has shown up in food, water, and milk across the nation

it all just depends on whether or not you believe that it's still in "safe" levels

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    If Alex Jones told you that it was at safe levels you'd believe it was.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lets not sit there and pretend like you know what levels are safe or not. the point is, we truly don't know and i don't trust the government to tell me.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    lets not sit there and pretend like you know what levels are safe or not. the point is, we truly don't know and i don't trust the government to tell me.
    I trust the government more than I trust Alex Jones

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i trust them both about equally personally

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count

Well, to be fair Mouse, not everyone can fail at everything they've attempted and end up being a bag inspector at the airport.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    So you don't trust Alex Jones very much the amirite?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Well, to be fair Mouse, not everyone can fail at everything they've attempted and end up being a bag inspector at the airport.
    I think mouse failed as a bag inspector as well.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    omfg

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Sounds about right.

Troll
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The levels we're seeing are safe. If you're that worried about it, you might as well build an undeground bunker, filter the air of radon and restrict your diet with elements lacking natural radioactivity.

Then you'd be really safe.

Thread Information