My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for OKC where they are able to keep durant, westbrook, harden, and ibaka and all four players play to their maxed potential meaning durant best player in the league, westbrook top 3 point guard, harden top 5 shooting guard, and ibaka DPOY/ top 10 big

How many championships can they win?

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    Never like predicting long in the future as you don't know what other teams will do but i see no reason if we keep everybody together we can't win 4-5 les in the next 8-10 years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Not 1.. Not 2.. Not 3.. Not 4..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unlike some other teams (Miami) OKC built their team the right way, through drafts and development kind of like the spurs. Thats why I repect them and hope they can keep the team intact and that egos dont get the best of them.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Not 1.. Not 2.. Not 3.. Not 4..
    but 0

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Never like predicting long in the future as you don't know what other teams will do but i see no reason if we keep everybody together we can't win 4-5 les in the next 8-10 years.
    small markets like OKC ain't affording three or more 10m-scale contracts on the same squad tbh, durant is demanding a max guaranteed and westchuck ain't earning much less, so when their contracts expire in OKC beard & ibaka will be on their way out more likely then not

My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    small markets like OKC ain't affording three or more 10m-scale contracts on the same squad tbh, durant is demanding a max guaranteed and westchuck ain't earning much less, so when their contracts expire in OKC beard & ibaka will be on their way out more likely then not
    When they expire you mean in like 5-6 years? hmmm ok...

your post screams wishful thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if im OKC I pay whatever tax/fine they give for having a young dynasty that will be around for 8 plus years.

Look at the Green Bay Packers and how they succeeded by basically having a team- based city. That can be OKC and the profits will come.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    And if im OKC I pay whatever tax/fine they give for having a young dynasty that will be around for 8 plus years.

Look at the Green Bay Packers and how they succeeded by basically having a team- based city. That can be OKC and the profits will come.
    yup but they need to prove that point by winning an NBA championship first of all (which isn't very likely to happen, tho) fans will give them 3-4 years and if they go trophiless all the way through, they're gonna lose insterest in them and the team is getting disbanded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup but they need to prove that point by winning an NBA championship first of all (which isn't very likely to happen, tho) fans will give them 3-4 years and if they go trophiless all the way through, they're gonna lose insterest in them and the team is getting disbanded
    Did something happen after game 1?

Last time I checked it was 1-0 thunder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess they can afford to keep 3 out if the important 4 players over a longer haul.

The main owner probably can't spend big lux tax especially with he new rules (funny how the NBA wanted to protect small market teams and now may skrew one of them).
    Even back-to-back championships wont change that.

So it's Westbrook/Durant plus either Harden or Ibaka (with Perk declining or gone too).

Presti is a smart dude and may figure out something, but IMHO it would be smart to:
    - trade Westbrook and Perk for some young talent (not now but when Harden/Ibaka are up)
    - build around Harden, Durant and Ibaka + roleplayers
    ...which would keep you in contention for a long time, while being flexible at the same time

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In a perfect world, the Lakers are in the Finals.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In an alternative mirror universe based on what is good and true, Kevin Durant and the Seattle SuperSonics hosted LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers last night in Game One of the NBA Finals. In this universe, Al Gore was elected President, the Twin Towers never fell, and Arrested Development is beginning its tenth season.

I imagine they amnesty Perkins in order to keep either Ibaka or Harden. Harden is getting a max offer or close to it from somebody. Thunder will have a tough decision in order to match.

Banned
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    unlike some other teams (Miami) OKC built their team the right way, through drafts and development kind of like the spurs. Thats why I repect them and hope they can keep the team intact and that egos dont get the best of them.
    please. Building your team entirely through the draft is something that rarely ever results in a championship (the Spurs are a rare example) and when it does it takes plenty of luck and random events. If OKC got any pick other than #2 in 2007 or if the Spurs didn't win the lottery in 1997, building through the draft wouldn't have worked. There were plenty of other luck factors (Robert Sarver gifting OKC Serge Ibaka, being able to trade jeff Green before his heart condition was discovered, etc.). Most championship teams are built through trades and free agency just as much as they do the draft.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5-peat, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was a perfect world, I wouldn't be in it.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    unlike some other teams (Miami) OKC built their team the right way, through drafts and development kind of like the spurs.
    How is it "the wrong way" to add players through free agency and trades? Most of the great teams throughout the NBA in the past couple decades used the draft, free agency, AND trades to build and improve their team. Miami drafted Wade and traded for LeBron and Bosh. Not exactly abnormal in the grand scheme of things.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep building through the lottery. where you have top 10 pick each year is so legitimate.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is it "the wrong way" to add players through free agency and trades? Most of the great teams throughout the NBA in the past couple decades used the draft, free agency, AND trades to build and improve their team. Miami drafted Wade and traded for LeBron and Bosh. Not exactly abnormal in the grand scheme of things.
    But they did it a mean way. they put in on tv, and told their fans they were going to wins championships. They are mean stinky poops. Lebron broke the heart of a billionaire, how dare he. Bosh turned his back on all of Canada, his home land.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    In an alternative mirror universe based on what is good and true, Kevin Durant and the Seattle SuperSonics hosted LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers last night in Game One of the NBA Finals. In this universe, Al Gore was elected President, the Twin Towers never fell, and Arrested Development is beginning its tenth season.

I imagine they amnesty Perkins in order to keep either Ibaka or Harden. Harden is getting a max offer or close to it from somebody. Thunder will have a tough decision in order to match.
    Findog with the truth bomb

and we know the Legend doesn't post quite often here nowadays tbh

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Yes because tanking for lottery picks is the right way...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, can we retire this crap, already?

Miami has some of the tiest, frontrunning fans in professional sports and I think the way LeBron decided to go play with one of his top rivals was one of the most gutless decisions ever.

But the way the team was built? If LeBron wants to come play for your your team, you sign him and you don't look back. Then you try to surround him with the best guys you can get given that your cap is hosed. That's just basic intelligence.

YOU JUST GOT THE BUISNESS SamoanTD's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of OKC's picks were lottery picks outside of Ibaka. I mean come on now if the spurs had 2 lottery picks after Duncan we would be demolishing the league as well. Parker and Gino were late draft picks just think about it for a sec.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information