Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1859
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. A champion has to show up every now and then. He was literally out for months. The ing main event for the last three ppv's have included a number one contender status for the WHC.
    That's my point. He is out for months because his contract stipulates WWE has only a certain amount of appearances and apparently it isn't very many.

Brock is the only guy heel WWE has that people see as a legit bad ass. If he was interested in wrestling full time, he could be booked as an unstoppable monster and nobody would have a hard time believing it because of what he did in UFC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Roman Reigns being handpicked as the man to lead the company will contribute to the decline. He's just so ing stale, it's like watching paint dry. Daniel Bryan got one of the strongest pops of the year in this past week's segment, he should be the one to dethrone Lesnar. Seth Rollins is a corny heel who has gotten better at the role. This past week he entered psychopathic status with that one line. Regardless, he's still a crappy heel if you consider the most recent heel's of yesteryear...

The mainevent for Wrestlemania should have Daniel Bryan beat Lesnar. Lesnar is leaving the company, the crowd knows and will give him for it. It's best to have someone who isn't a part-timer (Daniel Bryan will slowly get back into the weekly storyline) who gets the best pop. I'd have Dolph Ziggler as next up...he's missing something though. Maybe it's a signature win against somebody noteworthy.

The Diva's division is dead.

They have let Rusev's momentum die a slow death even though his schtick has been used countless times in this industry.

This road to wrestlemania will determine the longevity of this company. If it's a successful RTW, they will buy themselves more time to find a different creative team.
    To summarize..

Vince needs to at the least, allow his hard on for 6'5" 250 pound main eventers get pushed aside, and allow Triple H to push his NXT guys, along with a few of the guys on the active roster (Ziggler) to higher spots on the card. All of the talent waiting in NXT are small to Vince standards, which is why we have big no talents like Reigns winning rigged Slammy awards for wrestler of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you're right, Seth Rollins is a terrible heel.

His last segment with Edge and Christian was unbearable.. "Come out her Johnnnnn." He ing said "Johnnnnn" like 10 times that segment, in his gay white geek with a streak of blonde trying to be scary voice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's my point. He is out for months because his contract stipulates WWE has only a certain amount of appearances and apparently it isn't very many.

Brock is the only guy heel WWE has that people see as a legit bad ass. If he was interested in wrestling full time, he could be booked as an unstoppable monster and nobody would have a hard time believing it because of what he did in UFC.
    To put the le on him is an asinine decision then. What the good does it do to have the WHC on someone that isn't even going to appear? It almost seemed like putting the le on him undermines the mid card because I mean , something has to pick up for the lack of WHC angles. They did it at the wrong time, too. Since all the injuries began to surface. I wouldv'e given someone else the rub. Like a Dolph Ziggler, for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you're right, Seth Rollins is a terrible heel.

His last segment with Edge and Christian was unbearable.. "Come out her Johnnnnn." He ing said "Johnnnnn" like 10 times that segment, in his gay white geek with a streak of blonde trying to be scary voice.
    "I'm gonna kill him anyway."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your opinion on Reigns? Do you consider him ready? I don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NXT is honestly the best thing right now going for WWE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To put the le on him is an asinine decision then. What the good does it do to have the WHC on someone that isn't even going to appear? It almost seemed like putting the le on him undermines the mid card because I mean , something has to pick up for the lack of WHC angles. They did it at the wrong time, too. Since all the injuries began to surface. I wouldv'e given someone else the rub. Like a Dolph Ziggler, for example.
    You're preaching to the choir tbh, I went on the same rant earlier ITT. It was ing stupid as , it really made the World le an after thought, and if there is no belt to fight over, what the are these bunch of weirdos feuding over? WWE doesn't really have anyone else to put the le on though, but again it's Vince's fault for failing to get behind some talent and make some new stars.

"I'm gonna kill him anyway."
    Yeah, that was in stupid. Christian sold a lame briefcase to the midsection for like 10 minutes, and WWE insists that once a wrestler is retired, they are completely helpless, 40 years old or not.

What's your opinion on Reigns? Do you consider him ready? I don't.
    no he's not ready, he's the male equivalent of Eva Marie. All look, no talent whatsoever. His moves are weak as ..a "Superman" punch? A spear? C'mon a spear? How played out is that move? Anything he says other than "I'm gonna hit you in the mouth" sounds stupid and scripted.

He ed up his script the other day at the NXT PPV real good I heard.

NXT is honestly the best thing right now going for WWE
    It is, and all of the guys making noise there are 6 foot or under. They are gonna make amazing jobbers on the main roster!!
    Last edited by DJR210; 01-04-2015 at 12:43 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're preaching to the choir tbh, I went on the same rant earlier ITT. It was ing stupid as , it really made the World le an after thought, and if there is no belt to fight over, what the are these bunch of weirdos feuding over? WWE doesn't really have anyone else to put the le on though, but again it's Vince's fault for failing to get behind some talent and make some new stars.
    Did you catch the podcast with Austin and McMahon? There's been a backlash over the decisions made by this company and people have pointed fingers to Vince...the internet community, more specifically began going in on the old man no lube...not only were those people right. This company is in the worst shape it's ever been since 95. If it wasn't for the boom in the late 90's we probably wouldn't see the WWE so big. Vince was lucky to push the company to new heights with the lack of internet and rumors (nowadays, we know what the is going to happen enabling us to be critical of things before they even happen)...now he cannot get away with just putting whatever is out there on Monday while thousands attend and millions watch around the world. People blame the network for the decline but that's a copout. This company got lazy. Vince got lazy and old. Something needs to happen. This gets old. Even the kids that tune in and think the world of this show will grow tired of watching ty overplayed face schticks and corny bad guy heel gimmicks in a matter of years.

Yeah, that was in stupid. Christian sold a lame briefcase to the midsection for like 10 minutes, and WWE insists that once a wrestler is retired, they are completely helpless, 40 years old or not.
    Yeah, I can understand Edge. One wrong whiplash of his neck and paralysis is not out of the realm. Christian, OTOH, holy was that a terrible sell.

no he's not ready, he's the male equivalent of Eva Marie. All look, no talent whatsoever. His moves are weak as ..a "Superman" punch? A spear? C'mon a spear? How played out is that move? Anything he says other than "I'm gonna hit you in the mouth" sounds stupid and scripted.

He ed up his script the other day at the NXT PPV real good I heard.
    I gotta watch this PPV. Maybe I'll do that right now, since I have a few hours to kill.

Reigns probably would've worked in the late 80's when superhero gimmicks were a status quo. Now, it's all about reality. The reality era ( that Ruthless Aggression label) is here. The internet is here and we know the that goes down before it does. If you give a product, people will stop tuning in. It's that simple.

It is, and all of the guys making noise there are 6 foot or under. They are gonna make amazing jobbers on the main roster!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot to include in my reply the decision to bring the authority back. What the was that all about? The question will now be what good was it to bring Sting in? Does it allow Triple H more screen time to develop a feud with Sting?

Also Lofl@ Rollins fake ass overjoyed emotion following Cena's giving in. The crowd should boo that weak ass sell. If I went to a Raw I'd do everything in my power to show displeasure whenever. We have a house show tomorrow in Hidalgo, the if I'm going...I got to watch dem Boys tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot to include in my reply the decision to bring the authority back. What the was that all about? The question will now be what good was it to bring Sting in? Does it allow Triple H more screen time to develop a feud with Sting?

Also Lofl@ Rollins fake ass overjoyed emotion following Cena's giving in. The crowd should boo that weak ass sell. If I went to a Raw I'd do everything in my power to show displeasure whenever. We have a house show tomorrow in Hidalgo, the if I'm going...I got to watch dem Boys tbh.
    Yeah, what did that take? 4 weeks then WWE hit the panic button. It's crazy how wrestling itself can't evolve past a heel authority figure in place. It's the angle that never goes away.

Also, don't use the word "develop" with WWE. Vince was so adamant with Stone Cold during the podcast that he is NOT pro wrestling, but if you're so intent on being an entertainment brand, what's up with the ty, horribly panned out stories he's putting out there.

Let's start with Sting. Why did he even come out, and what are his intentions? Why did Brie Bella reunite with her sister with absolutely no backstory? Why did that goof from the Wyatt family align with the Authority at Survivor Series? Why did Big E, Woods, and Kingston go from a potential new age Nation of Domination, to goty gospel loving, ultra positive, black 3MB? Nothing makes sense. How are you gonna focus more on something you don't have the tools to be good at (skilled writers in touch with their audience)?

As for you letting them know how you feel, there's only one to do it..stay away from the Network. ( you're already committed)They went all in, and only if they continue to struggle with subscriptions will they and their shareholders take notice.

If you go to the live event with any kind of behavior they don't like, Vince will have his cronies go out there and confiscate your signs, or they will pump in crowd noise over any chants that undermine their vision. Vince recently had his cronies confiscate a group of signs that said "best wrestler in the world" - homage from a few fans showing support for Cesaro from his RoH days.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't watch NXT because I know their wrestlers will just be buried whenever they get called up to the main roster. Besides the shield guys everyone else has been just absolutely given awful gimmicks. The wyatts were fine until after summerslam when they decided to let cena kick bray's ass

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    I still hold out a very tiny glimmer of hope that once HHH takes over for good he will change the direction the company is currently in. The only other option I see that would change what Vince is doing is if there's a wrestling company giving the WWE compe ion, which doesn't look promising within the next 5 years, unless Punk gets the kicked out of him fighting in the UFC and decides to stick it to Vince by going to TNA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why are Rowan and Harper wrestling each other with no build up or story behind it? What a waste.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ascension again..

Put a fork in em', they're done.. buried by Booker T and GayBL both on commentary..

Tried bringing them out in the first hour when people should have more energy, the building was quiet enough to hear a fart in the 4th row. To top things off, the cheap heat they went for involved a dead man a lot of fans still appreciate, not to mention blatantly ripping off from a far as gimmick and look.

I wonder if they will be around longer than the New Day..
    Last edited by DJR210; 01-08-2015 at 12:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or when you beat on somebody so badly that it actually empowered them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Sin Cara hasn't been on TV in months, but returns randomly and defeats the newly crowned IC champion in 3 minutes?

That Reigns promo on Rollins had to be one of the worst I've ever heard. Whoever wrote it needs to be executed.

at super obvious fake crowd noise being pumped in. The Ascension magically gets huge heel heat 1 day after they put the crowd to sleep on Raw? Erick Rowan has become a major star overnight?

I'll stick to my DVR'd RoH matches if I want to see wrestling that doesn't annoy the out of me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Sin Cara hasn't been on TV in months, but returns randomly and defeats the newly crowned IC champion in 3 minutes?

That Reigns promo on Rollins had to be one of the worst I've ever heard. Whoever wrote it needs to be executed.

at super obvious fake crowd noise being pumped in. The Ascension magically gets huge heel heat 1 day after they put the crowd to sleep on Raw? Erick Rowan has become a major star overnight?

I'll stick to my DVR'd RoH matches if I want to see wrestling that doesn't annoy the out of me.
    To be fair, RAW was in Corpus which is one of the worst places. The crowd is ALWAYS dead, and it's pretty embarrassing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, RAW was in Corpus which is one of the worst places. The crowd is ALWAYS dead, and it's pretty embarrassing.
    Dead crowd or not, pumping in fake crowd noise is real grimy. Fake crowd reactions, fixed award voting. I mean there has to be something real left in wrestling.

San Antonio gets pretty involved when they come here. WWE does a lot of shows here because of how well they usually do. Plus, all the lame grown ass mexican dudes walking around draped head to toe in John Cena accessories is big bucks for WWE.

, I can remember going to the Royal Rumble here in like 97'..great year in 97' TBH..

Duncan
    nWo is born
    Royal Rumble in SA
    Went to high school

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also..

Ascension

They haven't done anything else since Smackdown, but anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why is every le match has to have that clown cena in it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does every Divas match end in a distracted pin rollup?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Ascension needs to take liberties while they're being fed jobbers, and powerbomb someone over the ropes to the floor or some .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The critics are still claiming this past Monday Night Raw was subpar, but I liked it.

Pros:

Pretty good job integrating the legends into the mix.
    Brock was relevant
    There were a couple of spots that actually got me to laugh, namely Ric Flair's punch combo then getting KTFO by Big Show
    Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt had a pretty good match

Cons

Brock turning face
    A great "Authority/Cena free" opening ruined with The Authority and Cena
    The Ascension getting beat up by a bunch of retired s but I'm supposed to believe they aren't pushovers
    Hogan in red and yellow instead of Hollywood Hogan

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    The critics are still claiming this past Monday Night Raw was subpar, but I liked it.

Pros:

Pretty good job integrating the legends into the mix.
    Brock was relevant
    There were a couple of spots that actually got me to laugh, namely Ric Flair's punch combo then getting KTFO by Big Show
    Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt had a pretty good match

Cons

Brock turning face
    A great "Authority/Cena free" opening ruined with The Authority and Cena
    The Ascension getting beat up by a bunch of retired s but I'm supposed to believe they aren't pushovers
    Hogan in red and yellow instead of Hollywood Hogan
    I pretty much agree with all of this. I was pumped up during that opening segment until Cena came out and ruined it. There was a definite buzz between Lesnar/HHH and even Lesnar/Rollins even though Rollins was on the screen. Then Cena comes out with his lame ass same speech and killed all that buzz. The tension between Lesnar/Rollins feels real. Throwing Cena in there just ruins it all.

I really don't mind Lesnar turning face if it leads to a couple matches with Rollins. It also makes it harder for Reigns to take the le away at WM, which is the absolute last thing I want to happen at WM.

Thread Information