Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 1859
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread.. R.I.P

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rousey appeared at Royal Rumble tonight. Hopefully her chin holds up in the WWF...

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What amazes me about the WWE is how any of us '"fans" could do a better job. Seth Rollins is way past tagteams now, totally redo the RAW/Smackdown rosters, (I'd dump Smackdown totally). Get Kenny Omega, Get Prince Puma, make CM Punk an offer he can't refuse.

The script writers are bad, they suck. So many stupid ideas, sheesh~~~

No Brock you won't be getting special treatment and no more The Undertaker, long Bray Wyatt Wyatt bull ......boring.

So more Lesnar, AJ Styles, Reigns, Orton, Rollins, Stroman and less of everyone else.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The year was 1963 we are in LA. It's a WWA le bout between Fred Blassie vs Bearcat Wright. Story goes Wright was scripted to lose this match, but......he head butts Blassie...for real...knocking him down and the ref had to count 1...2...3 as Wright covers.

Obviously this pissed off the powers that be so Wright was stripped of the le, not sure how they did this.

What a colorful and interesting business.

I did see Blassie rassle before he became a blonde.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lot of hype. She better not botch anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daniel Bryan medically cleared by WWE for ring return

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!!

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i believe the wwe has their tv deal coming up so I'm sure that factored into it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst Wrestlemania in history, a 100% fail.

Stroman with the kid really did it in, how damn stupid was that?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Vader dieded. RIP

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greatest big man wrestler of all time. Very realistic and when you rassle so hard, someone knocks your eyeball out of socket and you shove it back in and keep going full pace, you're a bad ass. RIP big man.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First became aware of Leon White while he was a footballer at Colorado. Very quick for a big guy.

As we all know he worked stiff which is a no no in the biz, meaning nobody wanted to work with him. Being realistic isn't what others want. They have another match tomorrow night, don't have time to recover from that one.

RIP

I'd say a good dozen pro footballers (White a Ram) made some impact in the rasslin; biz.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In my book it's pre/post Hulk Hogan when talking the rasslin'. I know Flair came before but most of his career was after so....

I do prefer the days of Bruno, Thesz, Gagne, "Superstar" Billy Graham, The original "Nature Boy", Blassie, Kowalski, Rocca, Carentier etc etc....The original Sheik. But....the sport didn't reach the same audience it did in 80's and Hogan played a HUGE role in that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP Vader time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First became aware of Leon White while he was a footballer at Colorado. Very quick for a big guy.

As we all know he worked stiff which is a no no in the biz, meaning nobody wanted to work with him. Being realistic isn't what others want.

RIP
    You're wrong. He made his bones and the vast majority of his fortune working stiff. He is a GOD in Japan because of his incredibly realistic style and drew major money and the first Gaijin to hold both the IWGP and Triple Crown. Japan wrestling is NOTHING but stiff.

And when he came to American, although stiff, he was generally well liked and his style never really hurt anyone. The reason he wasn't liked was because he was very protective of his spot hence the fist fight with Orndorf. And, even funnier, he was sooooo into the Japanese culture that he rarely washed his attire because of supers ion and the wrestlers here stateside hated workin with him due to his odor.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're wrong. He made his bones and the vast majority of his fortune working stiff. He is a GOD in Japan because of his incredibly realistic style and drew major money and the first Gaijin to hold both the IWGP and Triple Crown. Japan wrestling is NOTHING but stiff.

And when he came to American, although stiff, he was generally well liked and his style never really hurt anyone. The reason he wasn't liked was because he was very protective of his spot hence the fist fight with Orndorf. And, even funnier, he was sooooo into the Japanese culture that he rarely washed his attire because of supers ion and the wrestlers here stateside hated workin with him due to his odor.
    Dude, it is a known FACT the other rasslers complained about Vader being too rough. So cool the bull . YES...he worked too stiff, got that stupid?

Nobody cares about how he made his money, I was talking about what his co workers thought of him, got that dude?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, it is a known FACT the other rasslers complained about Vader being too rough. So cool the bull . YES...he worked too stiff, got that stupid?

Nobody cares about how he made his money, I was talking about what his co workers thought of him, got that dude?
    You're very, very wrong. And very, very fat.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're very, very wrong. And very, very fat.
    Stupid...GOOGLE...

Wrestlers complain about Big Van Vader

Tell us all what ya find idiot, ok?

Let me help ya out stupid.

Re: Bret Hart on why he didn't want to work with Vader
    I think the problem with Vader was at the time he was in a company that really couldn't afford to have injuries stacking up. The guy was clearly reckless - his matches with Hansen, his back breaking power bomb on a WCW jobber and his treatment of Foley all attest to that. Plus from every interview I have read the likes of Michaels, Hart, Taker, Nash et al were all relatively soft workers so having a guy like Vader come in a smack the out of you is hardly going to be endearing.

Its not that surprising from Hart either. He is all into the 'art' of wrestling where nobody gets injured and everything is relatively light so of course he will bash the guy that is stiff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ya think I just make stuff up midget?
    Last edited by Avante; 06-22-2018 at 10:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Death Match, Cactus Jack vs Vader on WCW.. I remember watching it aired on WCW's Saturday morning show as a kid.. Was my first time seeing either wrestle.. Remember being blown away that Cactus Jack got back body dropped off the ramp to the concrete

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    new japan>wwe?

and these clowns trying to pry new japan talent and destroy their gimmicks? like what they are doing with the hardy boys delete gimmick and championship that was very popular at impact wrestling, it just loss its flavor

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Death Match, Cactus Jack vs Vader on WCW.. I remember watching it aired on WCW's Saturday morning show as a kid.. Was my first time seeing either wrestle.. Remember being blown away that Cactus Jack got back body dropped off the ramp to the concrete

I think this was after Cactus got powerbomed on the concrete (awesome and a simple heat magnet that should be brought back) and then had the amnesia gimmick (god awful and amnesia gimmicks should be illegal).

I grew up watching both brands and pre-Hogan WCW, I always felt was more "real". They style, the blood and stufff, but as a kid, that WWF formula drew me in- the characters and colors, but god damn, Vader always felt like a bona fide monster bad ass...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    new japan>wwe?

and these clowns trying to pry new japan talent and destroy their gimmicks? like what they are doing with the hardy boys delete gimmick and championship that was very popular at impact wrestling, it just loss its flavor
    New Japan has always been better if you're judging by pure wrestling ability.. and that's the name of the game. WWE is at least letting Matt Hardy use a slight variant (legalities) of the "Broken Matt Hardy" gimmick he created at Impact to get himself over at 45 years old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this was after Cactus got powerbomed on the concrete (awesome and a simple heat magnet that should be brought back) and then had the amnesia gimmick (god awful and amnesia gimmicks should be illegal).

I grew up watching both brands and pre-Hogan WCW, I always felt was more "real". They style, the blood and stufff, but as a kid, that WWF formula drew me in- the characters and colors, but god damn, Vader always felt like a bona fide monster bad ass...
    Yes, it may have been a powerbomb.. All I know is Cactus took a disgusting overweight wrestler bump and you could hear that thud when he hit.. I was a fan of his ever since, although I didn't see him again until he popped up as Mankind and one of my friends pointed out that he was Cactus Jack in WCW. I completely missed anything he did in ECW because the first televised ECW here in SA was Barely Legal in 1997 (TWC didn't carry it, some ty cable company here did) and by that time he was in WWF.

Back in that time about 1996, I had just got access to the Internet by purchasing a ing WebTV .. I found some tape trader sites and ended up ordering like 20 different Japanese deathmatch vids, the King of the Deathmatch Tournament, the original two Super J Cups, and a compilation of All Japan's best matches. Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada, Akiyama all blew away that powerbomb Foley took on concrete with their off the apron moves they kept pushing to the next level
    Last edited by DJR210; 07-05-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, it may have been a powerbomb.. All I know is Cactus took a disgusting overweight wrestler bump and you could hear that thud when he hit.. I was a fan of his ever since, although I didn't see him again until he popped up as Mankind and one of my friends pointed out that he was Cactus Jack in WCW. I completely missed anything he did in ECW because the first televised ECW here in SA was Barely Legal in 1997 (TWC didn't carry it, some ty cable company here did) and by that time he was in WWF.

Back in that time about 1996, I had just got access to the Internet by purchasing a ing WebTV .. I found some tape trader sites and ended up ordering like 20 different Japanese deathmatch vids, the King of the Deathmatch Tournament, the original two Super J Cups, and a compilation of All Japan's best matches. Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada, Akiyama all blew away that powerbomb Foley took on concrete with their off the apron moves they kept pushing to the next level

Tape trading was the and your experience was basically the same as mine. I was first exposed to ECW thru the cheap wrestling mags first and ECW ran their tape ads in those mags as well. My first tape was when Bam Bam beat Shane Douglas for the world le, I think it was the night the line was crossed or some like that.

Bought tapes from a few of the "mainstream" traders in the early days of the net and then found "The Tapeman" Corey on one of the first boards I visited back then and this dude sold not by the tape, but by the hours so you got 3 6 hour tapes for dirt cheap. Essentially, it was make your own mixtapes of you couldn't get anywhere else for $20. That's how I discovered how bad ass the AJPW from the late 80s thru the 90s was. I know everyone has a hard on for NJPW these days but 90s AJPW was still the best wrestling ever. Kawada bombs, head drops and stiffing the out of the out of the out of eachother.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If WWE just let their dudes talk unscripted again, they' be MUCH more entertaining and they'd find their next Austin or Rock much faster. Expecting the next megastar to arrive by speaking for them will never work. T

Thread Information