congratz MIA on winning the 2012 NBA championship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs TBH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ty perimeter defense, bad coaching, poor play from most of the bench and our best player, refs, and bad luck.

But mostly ty perimeter defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "regression to the mean"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't see a sudden transition to fouls being called on minor contact around the perimeter.

And Lebron playing like he's the best player in the world... by far

YOU JUST GOT THE BUISNESS SamoanTD's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hot hands and defense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember game 3 when OKC bigs, who are poor on offense overall, hit 22/25 shots with Ibaka hitting 11/11, mostly long jumpshots.

Harden was also hitting some pure garbage 3s in crunch time that were well defended.

The above were a team catching fire at the wrong time for us, though we were giving up those jumpshots to the OKC bigs by design at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    congratz MIA on winning the 2012 NBA championship
    @ anyone who believes that this is the same OKC team that we saw in the first three rounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "regression to the mean"
    And this for good measure......

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we weren't that good?

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No difference. The way Miami is playing right now, Spurs would lose even if they advance to the finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we weren't that good?
    We were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ty perimeter defense, bad coaching, poor play from most of the bench and our best player, refs, and bad luck.

But mostly ty perimeter defense.
    YEP! To those who just said Refs stop it! It was a wide range of things so stop pinning it all on refs. this above is truth.
    No difference. The way Miami is playing right now, Spurs would lose even if they advance to the finals.
    Oh yeah I am sure they would have lost. When Bosh came back they took it to another level, before that they were beatable IMO and not playing like they are today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to overshadow the Heat, because this has probably been their best series as a team. Roleplayers have stepped up especially hitting their threes, but also have had a big impact on the defensive end. But...

As Timvp showed, the Thunder shot ridiculously well against us, particularly in long 2s. Some of that was the Spurs D, some of it was luck. Those same shots have rattled out the entire Finals for OKC. Secondly, Harden has disappeared, to the level of playoff Matt Bonner, especially on his 3s which he was hitting from 3 feet behind the line with Leonard putting a hand in his face. There is also the refs which are no longer calling the touch fouls when they drive, but they are getting called against them on the other end. All of it culminates into what we've seen the past few games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somewhere, kobe is smiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still can't believe this is the ty team we lost to. At least the Grizzlies didn't regress

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bench play, defense and refs. That's how we lost.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, mix of things: refs are actually letting the players decide the outcome, spurs role players didnt step up, thunder caught fire at the wrong time, manu barely showed, spurs played scared until game 6. I think game 1 we saw the thunder in the truest form. Game 2 we saw a weaker version and all the other games we just saw a ridiculously inflated team. I know theyre good but ive always thought they were just a little overrated. I can name atleast 20 finals teams throughout history that would have mopped the floor with these guys

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally watched a replay of game 6. It's pretty obvious we would have been slaughtered by Miami. Do you really think the Spurs 7-man rotation from game 6 would have stood a chance against this Heat team? That's what Pop would have had to go with -- a 7-man roster -- because if everyone else shriveled in the WCF, imagine what would have happened in THE Finals ... their nutsacks would have turned into vulvas or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are the ultimate Fool's Gold team. A sad combination of choke and incompetence.

Do you expect me to talk? DieMrBond's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It saddens me that I now live in a world where LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Eddy Curry have NBA championships.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the Heat defend Harden much better than we did or was it just Harden picking the worst time to slump?

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to drastically improve on 'DEFENSE' bigtime! We need a big backup point guard. We need some height, length and athleticism in our 'bigs' department. Midgets like Blair are good for ankle biting compe ion but, not much help against giants in the basketball world. Pop is a great coach but, damn, he needs to stop being so damn hardheaded.

If only we had this years #1 pick and could trade Joseph, Bonner, Anderson and Blair to Miami for Lebron.

2007 was a long, long, long time ago! Time for us to get serious. It'll be harder next season because so many teams like Chicago, Miami, OKC, Indy and other young and athletic teams will be even harder to match up with, especially if we have to give TD a max contract. Hopefully, he'll do the right thing and take a cut in the salary dept. He had a very good season but....it was a short season and Pop sat him out of some games and reduced his minutes in most of those he played in. He can still be a big factor but, it is in his best interest for the Spurs to have the $$$$$$$$$$ to get a couple of athletic players who can help us get over the hump. We would have been skunked by Miami this year if we were in the Finals...!!!

We gott keep the faith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the Heat defend Harden much better than we did or was it just Harden picking the worst time to slump?
    Danny Green pass Harden his disappearing disease.

Guess they both can go for a drink and talk about how they lost millions for their upcoming contract

Thread Information