Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    There is one game in week one that totally grabs you.

Rams at Lions

The Rams were 1-7 last season on the road, the Lions 5-3 at home. The Rams haven''t won their first road game in over 10 years. They are actually 2-8 the last ten years in openers. If will look at points scored/points given up the Lions were something like +85ish, the Rams -200 and something. They had the worst offense in the league.

It won't matter what the line is, this is too easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I go with an A, B, C, D, system to start a season. It does change as the season progresses.

Starting off 2012, the 32 teams in four power groups.

A

Niners
    Patriots
    Packers
    Giants
    Ravens
    Steelers
    Texans
    Eagles

B

Saints
    Falcons
    Bengals
    Lions
    Broncos
    Cowboys
    Bears
    ans

C

Chargers
    Chiefs
    Panthers
    Jets
    Bills
    Redskins
    Seahawks

D

Raiders
    Browns
    Jags
    Dolphins
    Vikings
    Buc's
    Rams
    Cards

Whats the chances of a D team beating an A team on the road?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Let's talk about this in 2 months.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Let's talk about this in 2 months.
    The football magazines are out right now. It takes a couple months to digest everything. I'm simply gearing up, ok with you?
    Last edited by Avante; 06-26-2012 at 03:29 AM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Here are the complete lines courtesy of betonline.com via covers.com:

Cowboys at Giants (-3.5)

Eagles (-6) at Browns

Redskins at Saints (-6)

Bills at Jets (-5)

Jaguars at Vikings (-3.5)

Colts at Bears (-8.5)

Dolphins at Texans (-6)

Patriots (-5) at ans

Rams at Lions (-7.5)

Falcons (-1) at Chiefs

49ers at Packers (-5)

Seahawks at Cardinals (-1)

Panthers (-1.5) at Buccaneers

Steelers at Broncos (-1.5)

Bengals at Ravens (-6)

Chargers (-2) at Raiders

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...s-for-week-1/1

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The Eagles, Saints and Packers are looking good to me at the moment.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The Eagles, Saints and Packers are looking good to me at the moment.
    What did you look at to get those three? You did what to weed them out from the others?

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    What did you look at to get those three? You did what to weed them out from the others?
    Obviously I'm not Blake, but my gentleman's intuition tells me his thought process in picking those winners had a little bit to do with the Eagles playing the Browns, with their terrible team and rookie QB, the Saints playing the Redskins, with their terrible team and rookie QB, and the Packers because we know picking against the Niners will make your ass bleed.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    I also guarantee Pierre Garcon drops a key pass in that game and everyone blames Robert Griffin for it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Obviously I'm not Blake, but my gentleman's intuition tells me his thought process in picking those winners had a little bit to do with the Eagles playing the Browns, with their terrible team and rookie QB, the Saints playing the Redskins, with their terrible team and rookie QB, and the Packers because we know picking against the Niners will make your ass bleed.
    What's sad is that you really believe that. I'm also picking the Packers to win that game but can't play that game because I'll be rooting on the Niners. Dude, the Niners will probably go 12-4/11-5. I'm not one of those Cowboys/Raiders fans, totally out of touch with reality.

I'd stay totally away from the Saints (as far as a play goes), we have no idea where their heads will be at early on.

I look at who plays well in Sept. Then home/road.

Great in Sept...

Denver
    Green Bay
    Giants
    Pitt
    KC

Suck....

Arizona
    Cinncy
    Cleveland
    St. Louis
    Last edited by Avante; 06-26-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I also guarantee Pierre Garcon drops a key pass in that game and everyone blames Robert Griffin for it.
    I guarantee we hear..."he has world class speed"...when talking about RGIII. He doesn't.

The most successful 400 hurdler was a guy who played for the Bengals back in the day. His name was Paul Robinson, he was their first 1000 yard rusher. Yep, a glider. He was just a so so college hurdler for Arizona.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    lol gentleman's intuition

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I'd stay totally away from the Saints (as far as a play goes), we have no idea where their heads will be at early on.
    I think Brees puts the team on his back and hangs half a hundred on them

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I think Brees puts the team on his back and hangs half a hundred on them
    The Redskins have lost their last 4 first road games of a season. While the Saints have won their last 4 home openers. Now add the RGIII factor.

The Saints would be the play but I need to see them play before stepping out on a team with all those distractions.

The Skins will be thinking about a new beginning with their rookie QB. Too many head trips in this game.

Early on I want that stable coach/QB combo. The Giants, Pats the best there. I stay away from new coachs/unstable QB situation. Head coach/QB being the two leaders on a team, or should be.
    Last edited by Avante; 06-27-2012 at 01:39 AM.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    lol gentleman's intuition
    thought about going with spider sense there tbh

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Why do people continue to rank the Eagles as a top team (or "A" team in this case)? They were a ty team last year and they did improve their D-line in the draft, but they also lost their best lineman to an injury, traded Samuel, still have nothing but one dimensional n!ggerball receivers and they still have a stupid be@ner as their defensive coordinator. I still see them finishing behind both the NYG and Cowboys.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Eagles probably a B- team, depending on the D and the health of Vick.

Veteran
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Why do people continue to rank the Eagles as a top team (or "A" team in this case)? They were a ty team last year and they did improve their D-line in the draft, but they also lost their best lineman to an injury, traded Samuel, still have nothing but one dimensional n!ggerball receivers and they still have a stupid be@ner as their defensive coordinator. I still see them finishing behind both the NYG and Cowboys.
    I think a lot of it stems from them finishing 7-1 last year, as well as many of the losses they had last year were by just a few points despite the eagles making incredibly dumb mistakes.

They lost peters there is no doubt that sucks, but I don't think losing Samuel will be a big deal, DRC is a very similar player.

The recievers might be one dimensional, but the hope is that jackson's head will be into this season thanks to a new contract and maclin will be healthy. The defense sucked last year but they added ryans, kendricks, and cox as starters...that will be a vast improvement over what they had last year at those 3 positions. Not to mention they won't have Vince young starting games this year which will only help lol.

If Vick stays healthy (a huge IF) they will win 10+ games this year IMO.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Well Mike Vick breaking a few ribs during the season is as much of a sure thing as death and taxes so it's a safe assumption he'll miss at least 2-3 games this year. The fact Jason Peters is gonna miss almost the entire year will only make an injury to Vick more likely.

Regarding their D, they still have a be@ner defensive coordinator who's been an offensive coach his entire career, which alone is gonna them over.

Their problems also go beyond Vick's health and their D. Even if Vick stays healthy, he's been a mediocre (and that's being kind) pocket QB his entire career with the exception of 2010. Their receivers are also one dimensional and disappear when the other team is able to defend the "Black QB tells all his black homies to go deep" play.

The Cardinals finished their season 7-2 to go 8-8. The Eagles finished their season 5-4 to go 8-8. Not sure how the Eagles are an A team and the Cardinals are a D team.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I think a lot of it stems from them finishing 7-1 last year, as well as many of the losses they had last year were by just a few points despite the eagles making incredibly dumb mistakes.
    They didn't finish 7-1 last year, they finished 5-3 in their last 8 games. Also, a team with Mike Vick at QB and DeSean Jackson as its best receiver will inevitably make stupid mistakes. Those two aren't gonna suddenly turn into mensa scholars during the off season.

They lost peters there is no doubt that sucks, but I don't think losing Samuel will be a big deal, DRC is a very similar player.
    DRC can't tackle at all and gives up big play after big play. Samuels is a much better player.

The recievers might be one dimensional, but the hope is that jackson's head will be into this season thanks to a new contract and maclin will be healthy.
    so the hope is that Jackson will suddenly not be borderline re ed? Good luck with that.

The defense sucked last year but they added ryans, kendricks, and cox as starters...that will be a vast improvement over what they had last year at those 3 positions.
    Did they add a competent defensive coordinator?

Not to mention they won't have Vince young starting games this year which will only help lol.
    Instead they'll have Mike Kafka and Nick Foles starting games when Vick breaks a rib 3 games into the season.

If Vick stays healthy (a huge IF) they will win 10+ games this year IMO.
    So if Vick stays healthy (someone who's played 16 games once his entire career), if DeSean Jackson grows a brain, if their defense gets good play out of 2 unproven rookies and a player coming off an ACL injury, and if their defense plays well with an offensive line coach at defensive coordinator they'll be good?

Veteran
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    They didn't finish 7-1 last year, they finished 5-3 in their last 8 games. Also, a team with Mike Vick at QB and DeSean Jackson as its best receiver will inevitably make stupid mistakes. Those two aren't gonna suddenly turn into mensa scholars during the off season.

my bad...i read the 2011 espn schedule and the bottom 4 games are preseason, not regular season.

DRC can't tackle at all and gives up big play after big play. Samuels is a much better player.

you just described Samuel. He's the one who responded "for who for what?" when asked about his tackling. He gambles allllll the time, and gets beat because of it. Like I said similar players

so the hope is that Jackson will suddenly not be borderline re ed? Good luck with that.

He might be re ed, but he is still one of the top playmakers in the nfl...you don't have to be very smart when you run a 4.3.

Did they add a competent defensive coordinator?

Nope...which will likely cost them in the playoffs.

Instead they'll have Mike Kafka and Nick Foles starting games when Vick breaks a rib 3 games into the season.

So if Vick stays healthy (someone who's played 16 games once his entire career), if DeSean Jackson grows a brain, if their defense gets good play out of 2 unproven rookies and a player coming off an ACL injury, and if their defense plays well with an offensive line coach at defensive coordinator they'll be good?

Vick is a ?, I totally concede that.

But yes their defense will be very improved. I believe they've already talked about using Nnamdi as a man to man corner instead of that stupid they were doing last year where he was a hybrid LB/S basically. Ryan isn't coming off an ACL, it's actually an achillies (yes thats just as bad) but it was 2 years ago and he played in all 16 games last year. It would be nearly impossible for Cox and Kendricks to not be better than the dog they had last year...seriously.

The Eagles had almost everything go wrong last year and still managed 8 wins somehow. They WILL win 10 games this year. They aren't in the same class as NYG and GB, but they will capture a WC spot with 10 wins.

EDIT: By conceding Vick is a ?, that doesn't mean im backing off of that prediction. He will only play 12-14 games most likely, and they will still win 10.
    Last edited by gaKNOW!blee; 06-27-2012 at 01:06 PM.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    DeSpook Jackson is a good playmaker when everything is going well against a bad defense. When his team has a crucial 3rd down and they need him to run a route other than streaking downfield, he's useless. He's one of the most overrated players in the NFL.

The fact they needed an entire season to "talk about" using Nnamdi as a man corner proves my point. He's been a man corner his entire in career , the only possible way a team would use him in the role he played last year is if that team has some extremely terrible coaching, or more specifically a be@ner O-line coach as the defensive coordinator. Rookies are going to especially struggle when that sp!c coordinator plays them out of position or in a role they've never played before. Cullen Jenkins and Mike Patterson aren't a bad D-line combo at all.

almost everything went wrong? They got 37 sacks from their starting D-line. Their 4 starting D-linemen got more sacks just themselves than 16 teams did. Any defensive coordinator that isn't extremely re ed would be able to take that kind of pressure from a D-line w/ the secondary Philly had and make it a great defense. Imagine if they actually need coaching/scheming to get pressure at some point next year because Babin and Cole aren't dominating the edge like they did last year?

There's plenty that can still go wrong for Philly that didn't last year. They simply aren't a good team.

Veteran
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Simply not a good team is such an exaggeration...I don't any possible way they don't improve by 2 wins over last year when they obviously underachieved. They lost peters, but it's not like bell is a complete bum. He will more than hold his own...and if Asante was so good why did he only fetch a 6th (7th?) round pick?

I don't care who the DC is, they have too much talent to up that bad again.

10 win team. Book it.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    they didn't have talent last year on that side of the ball? Do you not remember how the world was hyping that defense up? A year ago there was the same "This team is too talented to not be good!" sentiment that you have in this thread. They tied for the NFL lead in sacks last year and still sucked on that side of the ball, so they could easily up that bad again.

They didn't underachieve last year, they overachieved in 2010. Mike Vick having a 21 touchdown 6 interception season is overachieving. He's a mediocre passer who had one fluke season. He fell back to reality last year and he's gonna stay back in reality this year. If LeSean McCoy and Jason Babin also fall back to reality this year the Eagles could very well not even match their 8-8 total.

Veteran
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Babin I could see but last year was reality for McCoy. He is easily a top 5 back.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    10 win over/under bet since you're confident there'd no way they get less than 10 wins? You win in the event they get exactly 10 wins.

Thread Information