Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Nash is pushing 40 then Duncan is pushing 38.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash is a capable team defender and I expect having Bynum behind him will help.

When the Lakers trot out Nash, Bryant, Artest, Gasol, Bynum - they won't be easy to score on in a playoff environment.

Since when did Nash become a capable defender?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Nash is pushing 40 then Duncan is pushing 38.
    Yeah but TD has the fortune of not having to defend a wide range of All-Star caliber bigs since there's a shortage of them compared to PGs in the league. And, oh yeah, TD isn't a defender unlike Nash. TD may be old but the defense is still there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In bizarro world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capable team defender.

You know, like how Larry Bird was a house defender but good in a team situation.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notorious Laker homer J.A. Adande just said on ESPN that the Spurs and Thunder are still better than them because they are the deeper team and 'cuz Nash can't hang defensively against their PGs. He still has hope they get Howard, though.
    The lakers have a history of reloading their roster with stars. The spurs have to wait until they draft their stars.

Nash is getting old but he is still an upgrade to what they had there. Nash and Sessions is a solid pg rotation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will get Howard tbh. This year or next, they will have him.
    Of course, because everything conveniently always works out for them and because this move alone doesn't vault them into pole position. But Howard? He would or at the very least would have the potential to. Just like how every other time they're on the verge of being irrelevant something emerges out of the blue and saves them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capable team defender.

You know, like how Larry Bird was a house defender but good in a team situation.
    You have any video clips to prove that because that's the first time anyone has put capable and defender in the same sentence with Nash whether it's mentioning the team or individual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lakers have a history of reloading their roster with stars. The spurs have to wait until they draft their stars.

Nash is getting old but he is still an upgrade to what they had there. Nash and Sessions is a solid pg rotation.

If the Spurs traded for a player that will turn 39 before the next playoffs begin, and has a reputation as a poor defender, you'd be in here talking about what a puny,futile move the Spurs had made.

Oh, they won't be signing Sessions now. It will be Nash and Blake.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only two teams were better than us this past season, the Thunder and the Heat. We would've taken the Lakers out, no doubt about it. Pop would've out-coached Brown and the Lakers can't defend the pick and roll...much less so now with Nash at the point.
    I even doubt the Thunder or Heat were better.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash is a good offensive player, a top floor general and he will get the bigs more involved. He will work well with breaking down the defense and getting kobe the ball on the break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash is a good offensive player, a top floor general and he will get the bigs more involved. He will work well with breaking down the defense and getting kobe the ball on the break.
    Yeah, because Kobe has always had trouble getting the ball before...riiiiiggght.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, because Kobe has always had trouble getting the ball before...riiiiiggght.
    Kobe has never played with a pg as good as Nash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I even doubt the Thunder or Heat were better.
    Good point...but with the Thunder getting a good draft pick, they're better now and KD, Harden and Westbrook haven't reached their primes yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe has never played with a pg as good as Nash.
    With 5 championships, Kobe never needed one. He just needs one who can play some defense. The only reason he wanted Nash to play for them is so he can continue to pad up his stats in his never ending obsession to be like Mike...which he'll never be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have any video clips to prove that because that's the first time anyone has put capable and defender in the same sentence with Nash whether it's mentioning the team or individual.
    Nash is adept at drawing charges. His physicaly limitations inhibit him on defense, not his mind. He is a decent team defender. Capable.

Manu is also a below average man defender, but is a very good team defender. The two aspects are different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash has his vacations planned by the end of April... it isn't changing now... If they wanted no-defense playoff-clutch they should've stayed with Fish...

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i remember when the Lakers got O'Neal how many Spur fans said it wasn't going to make any difference because Shaq never won a le.

I remember when the Lakers got Gasol Spur fans said he wasn't any good, was too soft and never won anything.

No matter how good other teams upgrade talent spur fans will find a way to say it wasn't a good move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash is adept at drawing charges. His physicaly limitations inhibit him on defense, not his mind. He is a decent team defender. Capable.

Manu is also a below average man defender, but is a very good team defender. The two aspects are different.
    I will agree to disagree but to insult Manu is pretty low, man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i remember when the Lakers got O'Neal how many Spur fans said it wasn't going to make any difference because Shaq never won a le.

I remember when the Lakers got Gasol Spur fans said he wasn't any good, was too soft and never won anything.

No matter how good other teams upgrade talent spur fans will find a way to say it wasn't a good move.
    terrible comparisons... you're talking two young big men... Nash has been over the hill for a while now... Kirby isn't that far...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And no matter what the Spurs do, there you'll be to piss on it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a great move for the Lakers. Those of you saying otherwise are just not really seeing what Nash can do for them. His defensive limitations wouldn't be as bad with two good bigs behind him.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Nash is a capable team defender like MI21 said.

And trust me on that, it's not often I compliment Lakers players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's revisionist history. Most sane people complained about the Lakers getting Shaq and most people definitely believed the Grizzlies got raped by the Lakers in that deal, with even Pop complaining about that deal.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    terrible comparisons... you're talking two young big men... Nash has been over the hill for a while now... Kirby isn't that far...
    I am not comparing anything. I am saying that no matter what deal the Lakers pull off many in here will say it wasn't a good move.

Thread Information