Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not comparing anything. I am saying that no matter what deal the Lakers pull off many in here will say it wasn't a good move.

Kind of like you with the spurs.

Hypocrit.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I dont understand though: how is Steve Nash gonna pass Kobe the rock when Kobes already got it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Fake Bill Walton really break this story?

If so then that is just

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy . I thought it'd be a cold day in before Nash joined either the Lakers or Spurs given the playoffs battles. Nash must really want to over Sarver, and who can blame Nash since he's the one that's been bringing Suns fans to their building.

Nash should make the Lakers better, but Brown and Kobe could run his bad back into the ground.

If the Lakers can trade one of their bigs for more athletic pick and roll players and 3 point shooters, then they're legit contenders. Right now they're still too old with too many holes to stand up in a 82 game season and playoffs, imo

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man that's ed they got a baller of Nash's capabilities without getting rid of one of their bigs, d'oh!
    They may not have had to sacrifice on e of their big men, but they appear to have partially sacrificed their future. Several valuable 2013 and 2014 picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This pick up has potential on paper for the Lakers, but realistically, this is not going to have much of a positive impact on them.

Nash is most definitely an upgrade over the Saviour, especially on the offensive end of the court, but when you really look at the Lakers offense, I have serious doubts whether Nash can fit in. Nash has always been, and will continue to be, the most effective when the ball is in his hands.

His greatest strength on offense is to keep the ball alive with his dribble and find open teammates, and the only way to do that is if you have the ball. Guess who else needs the ball on the Lakers? Kobe!

Kobe is a ball-dominant SG who has the most success with isolation plays. The only ways the two of them can work together on offense are:
    1) Nash became a pure spot up shooter
    2) Kobe became a spot up shooter and cutter, while giving the ball to Nash
    3) Nash and Kobe split the ball handling duties (ie, a combination of 1 and 2)

This leaves Bynum as a low post player who would get feeds from Nash, and likely not as many touches as before unless the Lakers offense would change into a Nash/Bynum pick and roll fest.. Bynum was already complaining about touches in the past, so this may not end well.

On the positive though, is if the Lakers change up the offense enough to have Nash work the pick and roll with Gasol, or have Gasol and Bynum work the high low post with Nash as the feeder, or even run the triangle to some extent. This would pretty much be an unstoppable offense. The issue though is will Kobe allow this, and will Bynum work enough on a team offense environment to allow the Lakers to consistently run this offense.

On defense, Nash sucks. Both individual and team. There is very little they can do to stop a pick and roll, or perimeter isolation plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be fun to watch Nash is trying to defend Westbrook or Parker. It will look like Cayote and Road Runner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont kid yourselves. This trade makes the lakers a better team. We have to hope thy dont land howard for bynum. I do like hearing the lakers give up 4 picks but when was the last time the lakers builtbuilt their team through the draft? Both first rounders will be late 20s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing s. We'll, hopefully OKC, MEM or LAC will face them and knock them out next playoffs.

We probably wouldn't have beaten the Lakers in a 7 game series this year, and there's no way now.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They may not have had to sacrifice on e of their big men, but they appear to have partially sacrificed their future. Several valuable 2013 and 2014 picks.
    The lakers haven't sacrificed anything. They will trade some srub for a first round future pick. They are an aggressive organization and always find a way to leap frog other teams with front office moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this becomes a lot scarier if they land howard. he's much more deadly rolling to the basket than bynum is. he's also a much much better defender than bynum. also hearing that j-rich is also being discussed in the deal. giving the lakers nash, dwight, kobe, and a knockdown shooter is scary talk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this becomes a lot scarier if they land howard. he's much more deadly rolling to the basket than bynum is. he's also a much much better defender than bynum. also hearing that j-rich is also being discussed in the deal. giving the lakers nash, dwight, kobe, and a knockdown shooter is scary talk
    How's that even fair? Like Kobe needs all that help it's en BS

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Two comments:

1) Lakers have had one 1st round pick (Bynum in 2006) to be worth it's weight since Kobe (1996). Yet, since then, they've rang 5 times.

2) Teams don't build champions with mid to lower draft picks. The picks we gave away most likely wouldn't mean jack in the grand scheme of things.

Like I said downstairs, the Lakers filled a major hole without gutting their core players. Nash won't the bed like Sessions did. The Lakers were a few "better decisions" away from being up 3-1 against OKC. Now we've upgraded with the best available PG on the market. And you are worried about their future? The Lakers don't rebuild...they reload. And with that mega billion dollar TV contract, it won't be hard to get players to come to LA.

When Kobe, Nash, and Pau are off the books, the Lakers will still have Bynum - in his prime - and close to $60M coming off the books to attract FAs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two comments:

1) Lakers have had one 1st round pick (Bynum in 2006) to be worth it's weight since Kobe (1996). Yet, since then, they've rang 5 times.

2) Teams don't build champions with mid to lower draft picks. The picks we gave away most likely wouldn't mean jack in the grand scheme of things.

Like I said downstairs, the Lakers filled a major hole without gutting their core players. Nash won't the bed like Sessions did. The Lakers were a few "better decisions" away from being up 3-1 against OKC. Now we've upgraded with the best available PG on the market. And you are worried about their future? The Lakers don't rebuild...they reload. And with that mega billion dollar TV contract, it won't be hard to get players to come to LA.

When Kobe, Nash, and Pau are off the books, the Lakers will still have Bynum - in his prime - and close to $60M coming off the books to attract FAs.
    Bynum was in 2005 actually...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two comments:

Every single team in the history of the NBA playoffs were "a few better decisions away" from winning the le.

When Kobe, Gasol, Nash are all gone and only Bynum is left, the LA free agency isn't going to be as enticing as it was during the Kobe and Shaq era. No one wants to play with some overgrown Tracy Morgan looking baby.

Unless the Lakers tank a couple seasons to get some really solid draftees that will allow LA to be potential contenders, you guys are just going be an 8th seed drafting Chris Mihms.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Every single team in the history of the NBA playoffs were "a few better decisions away" from winning the le.

When Kobe, Gasol, Nash are all gone and only Bynum is left, the LA free agency isn't going to be as enticing as it was during the Kobe and Shaq era. No one wants to play with some overgrown Tracy Morgan looking baby.

Unless the Lakers tank a couple seasons to get some really solid draftees that will allow LA to be potential contenders, you guys are just going be an 8th seed drafting Chris Mihms.
    I didn't say "a few better decisions away" from a le. Context. Read it.

And you are fooling yourself if you think that players won't want to play with a prime Bynum in Los Angeles, California. I'm expecting 25/15/3 from a prime Bynum. Who wouldn't want to play with someone like that? The good part: he's still about 2 years away from his prime. He's still figuring it out and he is already giving the Lakers 18.7/11.8/2. This at age 24 and not a #1 option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker @ 29 and Manu @ 57 say hi. Otherwise I agree.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I didn't say "a few better decisions away" from a le. Context. Read it.

And you are fooling yourself if you think that players won't want to play with a prime Bynum in Los Angeles, California. I'm expecting 25/15/3 from a prime Bynum. Who wouldn't want to play with someone like that? The good part: he's still about 2 years away from his prime. He's still figuring it out and he is already giving the Lakers 18.7/11.8/2. This at age 24 and not a #1 option.
    How much more "prime" do you honestly think he's going to get? He's 25 years old, and a seven year vet. He is what he is. If they lean on him for more touches and minutes when Kobe is gone, that knee is going to collapse. , if Brown keeps playing him 35, it's going to buckle. He's pretty much at his ceiling now, 18/12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

** Thought this was in the NBA Forum...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash is a good offensive player, a top floor general and he will get the bigs more involved. He will work well with breaking down the defense and getting kobe the ball on the break.

Top floor general? Couldn't even get a rookie to carry his bag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can't even carry bags
    collecting his free pay check
    Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Nash is ing the Lakers. On the one hand it makes me think Nash is an untrustworthy piece of but on the other hand he is doing that against the Lakers.

It is a win win really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Next time, Nash should just say: "Kobe, carry your own damn bags."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like this is Nash's way at getting back at the lakers for 2010

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count