Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some of those responses. I bet they want the Spurs to start paying players with breakfast tacos.
    If that's true, perhaps Beno Udrih would be interested in returning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the more I wish the Spurs would do what the Mavs did last year and do only one year contract(s) for the bigs outside of Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked SR, but at some point they had a 'bot that made 20 news threads per day.
    all coming from here i bet. 's redic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What in the world? Why do you have Kirilenko in your possibilites?
    I know it's been noised about, particularly from CKSA coaches, that he is/has considered a return to the NBA. He has an agreement that he can leave. His current contract is paying him 3M Euro post tax - which is, I think, less than the MLE... I suspect he'd be quite happy to play for Pop with a serious shot at an NBA le. He'd be an awesome fit as a mobile PF and big SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's been noised about, particularly from CKSA coaches, that he is/has considered a return to the NBA. He has an agreement that he can leave. His current contract is paying him 3M Euro post tax - which is, I think, less than the MLE... I suspect he'd be quite happy to play for Pop with a serious shot at an NBA le. He'd be an awesome fit as a mobile PF and big SF.
    I think we're good on the wing, unless you want to play Kirilenko as a PF...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs resign Miles and sign De Colo, there is no need to keep Neal any more.

The team have too many guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, well... Jamison and Kaman are probably off our price range...

There's Ian Mahinmi, Anthony Randolph, Nazr Mohamed, Spencer Hawes, Sam Young, Przybilla...

We could also take a flyer on Fesenko...
    I'd take a flyer on Randolph if we can sign him cheap - low risk, high reward. Kid has huge potential, and Tim/Pop are the kind of mentors that might get through to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawes has been resigned by Philly but Randolph is interesting & I think they should give Ian another shot as he proved to be a serviceable big with the Mavs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, well... Jamison and Kaman are probably off our price range...

There's Ian Mahinmi, Anthony Randolph, Nazr Mohamed, Spencer Hawes, Sam Young, Przybilla...

We could also take a flyer on Fesenko...
    huh?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we're good on the wing, unless you want to play Kirilenko as a PF...
    I'd be starting Kirilenko at PF, beside Duncan, with Splitter and Diaw as C and PF subs. Consider the 1st team Defence:

Duncan, Kirilenko, Leonard, Green, Parker

It's got the potential to be one of our better defensive lineups EVER. Seriously, even in the Bowen era we typically had to hide a weak defender most of the time. This lineup doesn't have such a weakspot, and it has 2 big who can swat shots, as well as Green and Leonard potentially sneaking up behind people for swats. Every body on the floor is a threat to make a steal. Everybody but Kirilenko has experience in the defensive scheme. I'm creaming my jeans here! I'm not sure the offense would drop off either. All these guys can pass and move, and there are 2 3 pt threats on the floor (Green, Leonard).

TD (26 Minutes), Splitter (22 Minutes)
    Kirilenko (20 Minutes) , Diaw (24 Minutes), Leuer (4 Minutes)
    Kawhi (30 Minutes) (Kirilenko) (10 Minutes) Sjax (8 Minutes)
    Green(30 Minutes) Manu (10 minutes) (SJax) (8 minutes) Dentmon (0 minutes)
    Parker (30 Minutes) (Manu) (10 minutes) De Colo (8 Minutes) Mills? (0 minutes)

No one averaging more than 30 MPG...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has Tim told the team he is coming back for sure??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has Tim told the team he is coming back for sure??
    Yup. Spur for life.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I don't want RS-only players. That's who Blair and Bonner are. You set rotations over 82 games, then have to toss everything out of the window because playoffs are hard

That's when you fall back to plan B: defense. But Pop isn't seemingly interested in that.
    I agree Pop's actually got to spend time practicing defense this season. He could use the lockout as an excuse last season. Can you imagine our really good offense combined with good defense? We saw glimpses of that during our win streak.

Defense is all about repe ion and practice. That's the only way you get better defensively. You can practice offense all you want but you can still make or miss shots. With defense the more you practice the less mistakes you make and the tougher it is for your opponent. I don't see why Pop can't understand that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the more I wish the Spurs would do what the Mavs did last year and do only one year contract(s) for the bigs outside of Tim.
    And that's working so well for the Mavs. They should have signed Chandler before the lockout. If his contract became too much they could have always amnestied him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is listed here as unrestricted FA (Sixers)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is listed here as unrestricted FA (Sixers)
    He's SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh... I remember him torching Bonner... I though he played smallish PF...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh... I remember him torching Bonner... I though he played smallish PF...
    cmon now...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/sam_young/
    Sam Young #7 Forward-Guard
    Born: Jun 1, 1985
    Height: 6-6 / 1.98
    Weight: 220 lbs. / 99.8 kg.
    Prior to NBA / Country:
    Pittsburgh / USA
    Years Pro: 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I'll take your word for it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is good news. In our desire to see a move just for the sake for seeing a new player come through, we sometimes forget that Boris and Paty were super late additions to the roster last year. I would obviously like to see an upgrade at the backup 4, but I'm ok (not thrilled) if we have to roll with bonner and Blair to start the season. If our record is crummy by the trade deadline, I can see either or both of the peices packaged with Jax's expiring tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cmon now...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/sam_young/
    Sam Young #7 Forward-Guard
    Born: Jun 1, 1985
    Height: 6-6 / 1.98
    Weight: 220 lbs. / 99.8 kg.
    Prior to NBA / Country:
    Pittsburgh / USA
    Years Pro: 3
    How mean would it be if we swapped the Pitt teammates, Young for Blair?

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Spurs didn't get Diaw last March, this place would be full with threads that urge his acquisition. for the full MLE or, if that's not enough, via S&T.

now he is a no brainer even more, because we saw how well he fits. he just turned 30 and let's assume he will be motivated and let's assume he will be in better shape than in the last 5 years, so a MLE contract for 4 years (last year team option) isn't without reason.
    currently Spurs can't get any player, who would be close to his talent and fit. not without give up something significant (like Splitter).
    re sign Diaw, bring in De Colo and try to get an athletic PF for Blair+Neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's also playing for a contender (he dogs it on sucky teams) and alongside a buddy. Think LeBron to Miami

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Mills hasn't demonstrated the ability to run the pick and roll in this offense. He doesn't set up his big and just all around takes bad angles which negates the point of the pick in the first place.

That being said his quickness is elite and his effort is commendable. Oh and he is a lights out shooter.

He is only 23 years old, only broke into the NBA in 2010, and plays a position that is noted for taking time to master. I would love to see him back.
    This. Guys who can score 60 plus over a two game span in the NBA, even playing out the string, don't grow on trees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is a capable ball-handler, a still mediocre playmaker, but a lights-out shooter.

The first fact alone makes him more capable than neal

Thread Information