Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    according to Valencia official site:

http://www.valenciabasket.com/index....cias&noti=2054

Emiliano Carchia ‏@SportandoBasket

OFFICIAL: Valencia announced the departure of Nando De Colo for the Spurs with whom he will sign a two-year deal

Nando De Colo ‏@NandoDeColo

Un gros challenge : ce sera donc les Spurs...! ;-) http://fb.me/1ND3X0f9c

credit to Bruno about the Valencia link first, I didn't see it in the Ludden - Duncan thread

Spurs Depth:

PG: Parker, Mills, CJ
    SG: Manu, Green, Belinelli
    SF: Kawhi, Daye, James
    PF: Duncan, Diaw, Bonner, Ayres
    C: Splitter, Baynes

"So the final image of Ginobili isn’t that he lost a bronze medal. It’s what he did to try to win one." -
    Buck Harvey

Still crazy after all these years. “And I love that,” Jackson said. “I’d rather play with someone like him, who plays hard and gets hurt, than someone who is afraid.”

- SJAX regarding Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, what a day!!!
    "Our motto is just to play the whole 48 minutes. We are here to play it from start to finish. Things will go up and down. We will make runs and they will make runs. But we just keep playing." -Tim Duncan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone at the guard position will be moved or waived. Spurs have too many if Mills is indeed resigned. Joseph and Denmon will need spectacular summer leagues to make the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really curious to see how his game translates in the big leagues.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of his passing skills are Manu-esque

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $2.8M contract

Barcelona offered him more.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/Actuali...x-spurs/297699

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, you almost called it with your $3M guess. Nice job

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. I really wanna see how his game translates to the NBA....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks like a small Manu and from his highlights with the France team, it looks like he works very well with Tony Parker. He also runs the pick&roll well too. I'm surprised the Spurs are resigning Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice! Can't wait to see him in action this coming season! Thanks for the info.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What will his role be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great deal; looking forward to seeing some fresh blood infused into this system.

Will also be interesting to see how Parker, De Colo, and Diaw can all play off of each other, considering how much time they've already spent together playing for France.

Looks like all the main priorities have been taken care of in the matter of about 24 hours. Shame about Lorbek, but I figured it was going to come down to either Lorbek or Diaw, and at least with Diaw we somewhat know what to expect. He can't be much more out of shape or unfamiliar than he was when he came on board late in the season, and he was a great fit then, so I am excited about his potential once he gets himself into that weight room and after a full training camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What will his role be?
    The Bringer of Donuts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy just doesnt look like an nba player
    already have one of those in bonner
    dont need more players giving confidence to opposing teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs next year are going to be a crazy passing team tbh: parker, manu, diaw, de colo, mills..thats a lot of passing skills right there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should we call Spurs "les éperons de Saint Antoine" ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a very bad feeling.
    1.4 M is a LOT of money for this guy.
    They must have seen something I haven't seen.

I am almost tempted to say that Bonner is cheap, compared.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs must be pretty high on De Colo. $2.8 million is a lot of money for someone who is relatively unproven. To compare, that's as much guaranteed money as the 16th overall pick in the 2012 draft.

I'm not sure if the Spurs view him as a backup point guard or a backup shooting guard but it's clear they like him. You don't give $2.8 million and use your BAE (which means they won't be able to use it next summer) on someone you don't expect to contribute.

Now that I think about it, did the Spurs troll Barcelona? By raising Lorbek's stock, Barcelona had to pay more money to keep him. That means they didn't have as much money to steal De Colo. Hmmmm...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should we call Spurs "les éperons de Saint Antoine" ?
    I can see the whine testing contests coming !

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So was the mle enough to sign both Frenchmen? Or did Spurs use the BAE on De Colo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs must be pretty high on De Colo. $2.8 million is a lot of money for someone who is relatively unproven. To compare, that's as much guaranteed money as the 16th overall pick in the 2012 draft.

I'm not sure if the Spurs view him as a backup point guard or a backup shooting guard but it's clear they like him. You don't give $2.8 million and use your BAE (which means they won't be able to use it next summer) on someone you don't expect to contribute.

Now that I think about it, did the Spurs troll Barcelona? By raising Lorbek's stock, Barcelona had to pay more money to keep him. That means they didn't have as much money to steal De Colo. Hmmmm...
    Perhaps they see De Colo as both?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a very bad feeling.
    1.4 M is a LOT of money for this guy.
    They must have seen something I haven't seen.
    You must really be surprised that Barcelona supposedly offered him more.

So was the mle enough to sign both Frenchmen? Or did Spurs use the BAE on De Colo?
    It had to be the BAE if this $2.8 million figure is correct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of De Colo, I watched a documentary following FNT few days ago and it surprised me a little to see how fit he was.

At the 5:30 mark:

controlador del universo
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mon dieu!

a significant actual move!

so which team was better? manu's prime argentina team or the current French team?

(the answer of course is manu's argentinian team, so why do we have so many frenchmen!?)
    AwwWwWwWwWWW.....I thought it gonBE HE MAN!!!!!!

[QUOTE=hemann82]
    [QUOTE=hemann82]watch this video[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=redzero]Watched the video[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=hemann82] watched a random youtube video because i told him to [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=redzero]Wait, is that what you are going with? It was two minutes long, so how is that some feat?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=hemann82]/hemann [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=redzero] Well, when [B]one's[/B] desperate like [B]you [/B]are, [B]they'll[/B] resort to anything.[/QUOTE]

[youtube]4SMDOq8645o[/youtube][/QUOTE]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mon dieu!

a significant actual move!

so which team was better? manu's prime argentina team or the current French team?

(the answer of course is manu's argentinian team, so why do we have so many frenchmen!?)
    Because SCOLA THREAD!

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone at the guard position will be moved or waived. Spurs have too many if Mills is indeed resigned. Joseph and Denmon will need spectacular summer leagues to make the team.
    Manu's probably going to retire after this season so why not hold on to them. Unless the Spurs do really good what's the point in Manu continuing? He's already accomplished as much as he's going to in the NBA.

He looks like a small Manu and from his highlights with the France team,
    yeah all he need is a huge bald spot and be able to smack bats around in the at&t center (we all know how many bats are around there).
    Last edited by TMTTRIO; 07-10-2012 at 01:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to sign two more frenchmen and then the Spurs can run their offense in a foreign language to confuse the other team.

Maybe Cory Joseph is French Canadian, then we're only 1 French speaker and 2 basketball players away!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " A gauche ! "

" Bosh ???!! "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs don't often use the BAE, so it's definitely interesting that they pulled the trigger on an unproven Euro with questions about what position he'll play - especially when they just signed Patty Mills a few hours earlier (and still have Cory Joseph on the roster and the draft rights to Marcus Denmon).

I'm going to hold my breath and assume that the Spurs know what they're doing, and think they got one hell of a player. It's definitely nice to think that we hit on another late 2nd rounder (#53).

My guess is that DeColo will be in the SG rotation as his primary role, but also serves as an emergency 3rd string PG. Pairing him with Mills might provide a nice balance of scoring and passing on the offensive end.

Neal will be shopped and likely traded, possibly in combination with Blair, Bonner, Byars or Joseph. I except a number of them won't be on the squad next season.

Denmon will be given the chance to succeed in Summer League. If he impresses then he'll be signed and brought into training camp with an opportunity to steal James Anderson's old role. My personal guess is that he goes to Europe after Summer League and we revisit him in a year or two (a la, James Gist).

Thread Information