Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So based on their information, do you have a sense of what the final salary figures are for each of the Spurs' recent signings? I'm curious about the final numbers for Green and Boris.
    Tim: 9.6
    Boris: 4.5
    Danny: 3.5
    Patty: 1.1

Just select the Spurs and do the necessary math:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN

Describing Nando de Colo, Pop calls him "a poor man's Danny Ainge." I think that's meant to be a compliment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he isn't as good as D-Wade I will be very upset.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Describing Nando de Colo, Pop calls him "a poor man's Danny Ainge." I think that's meant to be a compliment.
    Hmmm.... is this good?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, he really reminds me of Mike Dunleavy, no joke. Similar type of skillset and athletic ability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, he really reminds me of Mike Dunleavy, no joke. Similar type of skillset and athletic ability.
    Dunleavy ? I dont see it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo is nothing like Dunleavy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo is nothing like Dunleavy.
    maybe for the 3 pts part of their game but thats about it

I dont remember for instance being a good passer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I hadn't thought of that comparison but that's pretty good. Ainge had PG skills but was big enough and score well enough to also play shooting guard. If De Colo is going to make it, I think that's the type of player he is going to have to be. He could thrive as a point guard who moonlights as a shooting guard but probably not if it's the other way around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me the comparison comes from the skillset - both don't seem to excel in any one area, but have decent all around game (passing/shooting). Both are mediocre athletes that seem to find ways to make plays.

Not identical player obviously, but to me that is the skill set/type De Colo reminds me of with regards to impact.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now all we need is a rich-man's Dennis Johnson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me the comparison comes from the skillset - both don't seem to excel in anyone area, but have decent all around game (passing/shooting). Both are mediocre athletes that seem to find ways to make plays.

Not identical player obviously, but to me that is the skill set/type De Colo reminds me of with regards to impact.
    You must be thinking of a different Danny Ainge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe for the 3 pts part of their game but thats about it

I dont remember for instance being a good passer
    He is a solid passer. Again, the comparison to me comes more from they way they play with their physical abilities. It's more about a feel for the game they have and some abilities to run an offense effectively, but not as the main focal point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You must be thinking of a different Danny Ainge.
    I was talking about De Colo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was talking about De Colo.
    Sorry, I could have sworn you said "both are mediocre athletes".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, I could have sworn you said "both are mediocre athletes".
    I did - but that was between my De Colo and Dunleavy comparison.

Obviously Dun is a SF so it's not a natural comparision, but De Colo reminds of a PG/SG version of Dunleavy based on my reasoning above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did - but that was between my De Colo and Dunleavy comparison.

Obviously Dun is a SF so it's not a natural comparision, but De Colo reminds of a PG/SG version of Dunleavy based on my reasoning above.
    Okay then I was completely confused. My apologies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me the comparison comes from the skillset - both don't seem to excel in anyone area, but have decent all around game (passing/shooting). Both are mediocre athletes that seem to find ways to make plays.

Other than both being pale and both being able to shoot, I don't see anything else similar. Dunleavy is an immobile 6-foot-9 small forward who makes decent stationary passes. De Colo is a 6-foot-5 point guard who thrives on passing on the move. Dunleavy is a poor athlete. De Colo is an above average athlete quickness-wise for a 6-foot-5 guy. Dunleavy survives mostly on having a high IQ and being fundamental. De Colo plays off of instinct and had a rep before this year of not being fundamental enough. Dunleavy has to sag into the paint whenever possible to avoid getting burned defensively. De Colo, in Europe at least, is able to pressure the basketball a little bit.

Close to opposites, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we talking about Dunleavy Jr or Sr?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Ainge hustled a lot more than De Colo does. As in all the time. He was a pest.

So, I see Nando more as a not-so-much-hustling, non-floppy haired, poor man's version of Danny Ainge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol... DPG steps to the plate...... swwwwwingandamiss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surround De Colo with four hall of famers and I'm sure he could have as much success as Ainge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The main reason to have some kind of optimism about De Colo is that Spurs have signed him.

First, Spurs were loaded with guards (Parker, Ginobili, Green, Neal, Mills, Joseph, Denmon). It's not like Spurs had a big hole in their roster that needed to be filled.
    Second, while a $2.8M contract is fully justified by De Colo market value in Europe, it's still a lot of money for a NAB rookie.

To sump up, Spurs, a team that has heavily scouted De Colo for 3 years, has signed him to a big contract for a rookie while he wasn't really filling a position need. They must have really seen something in him to do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surround De Colo with four hall of famers and I'm sure he could have as much success as Ainge.
    would 3 hofers be enough?

The main reason to have some kind of optimism about De Colo is that Spurs have signed him.

First, Spurs were loaded with guards (Parker, Ginobili, Green, Neal, Mills, Joseph, Denmon). It's not like Spurs had a big hole in their roster that needed to be filled.
    Second, while a $2.8M contract is fully justified by De Colo market value in Europe, it's still a lot of money for a NAB rookie.

To sump up, Spurs, a team that has heavily scouted De Colo for 3 years, has signed him to a big contract for a rookie while he wasn't really filling a position need. They must have really seen something in him to do that.

All about the future. Manu's on the last year of his contract, for one.

Truth, justice, and the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the Spurs excelled last year because of their exceptional passing and efficient offense. de Colo will help them continue this.

What they need now is to resign Blair and pick up an athletic wingman who can guard other teams' big men on the perimeter - that's what what missing last year against OKC.

Thread Information