Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah cause athletic swing men grow on trees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah cause athletic swing men grow on trees.
    No, but Dominic McGuire is still available. He does all the little things: rebounds, steals, blocks etc; has the speed to stay with players on the perimeter and enough strength not to get too overwhelmed in the paint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to replace Bonner/Blair with another big. Off-season over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given the glut of guards, it'll be interesting to see how Pop plans to use this guy. Will he sit at the end of the bench and learn the system? Will he be the backup PG and relegate Mills to the end of the bench? Or will he play PG/SG in spots?

Personally, I hope Mills is intended as the backup PG because I think he's perfect to run the second team as a guy who can create but can also score if things get stagnant.

And my guess is that we won't see much DeColo beyond garbage time next season, but that if he shows some promise he'll be the 1st or 2nd SG in his second season, taking over from a retiring Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is also fast. Haven't had a PG duo this quick since Parker/Claxton, oddly enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given the glut of guards, it'll be interesting to see how Pop plans to use this guy. Will he sit at the end of the bench and learn the system? Will he be the backup PG and relegate Mills to the end of the bench? Or will he play PG/SG in spots?

Personally, I hope Mills is intended as the backup PG because I think he's perfect to run the second team as a guy who can create but can also score if things get stagnant.

And my guess is that we won't see much DeColo beyond garbage time next season, but that if he shows some promise he'll be the 1st or 2nd SG in his second season, taking over from a retiring Manu.

(Have put this up again because it's at the bottom of page 7 [may not get seen] and I really want people's thoughts ).

Mills is also fast. Haven't had a PG duo this quick since Parker/Claxton, oddly enough.
    Yeah, I was thinking that too. Mills could learn a lot from Parker because he's quick enough to get to the rim, or to a 12ft teardrop, any time he likes, and if Parker can teach him how to maximise his driving game that will be a great compliment to Mills' streaky 3pt shooting.

I really like Mills, and not just because he's from my city, Canberra. I think he could be a spark-plug for the team off the bench, which would free up Pop to use Manu however he liked and get him more rest.

As the team is currently constructed, we need more than one superb game in the WCFs from Manu to win, or we need others to provide what Manu provides - a scoring and playmaking spark off the bench - which, as we all saw, faltered so painfully against OKC this year. I really think Mills, Jax and Diaw will be able to help out with those things next season. Can't wait to see them after a full pre-season together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like De Colo to get a chance and show what he can do, and not be relegated to the bench. In practice and in games, Mills and De Colo will obviously fight it out to be the backup PG.

While I like Mills, and he is a good yet streaky shooter who can hustle and make plays, De Colo is definitely more intriguing and if polished enough can bring more to the table with his creativity and passing, and also his 6 ft 5 frame gives him additional opportunities to play SG at times and defend bigger players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see them also playing together since De Colo can play SG on defense and PG on offense. Mills has a sweet outside shot very similar player to Neal..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to think Gary Neal is on his way out. Key factors -- the aforementioned glut of guards (btw Cory has been great in summer league), and the fact that he's going to be looking for a much deserved pay raise a year from now. Doubt the Spurs look to commit to the guy beyond this season anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do the spurs have so many guards? What was the point of signing De Colo when he might be at the end of the bench and we have Mills backing up Parker? And they have Manu,Green and Neal at the 2 guard. What a waste of money. I'm sorry but I just don't get the spurs FO sometimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do the spurs have so many guards? What was the point of signing De Colo when he might be at the end of the bench and we have Mills backing up Parker? And they have Manu,Green and Neal at the 2 guard. What a waste of money. I'm sorry but I just don't get the spurs FO sometimes.
    the point is not de colo, the point is why did they wasted a draft pick on another combo guard, when de colo is a combo guard

i can see pop playing jax/kl at the 4 if needed, pushing guys like green/ja/gino/ through the 2/3 positions...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gary Neal has an $850K non-guaranteed contract. Not really a sense of permanancy, is there?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry but I just don't get the spurs FO sometimes.
    I hear ya! The best they've been able to do is field teams that have set an NBA record with 15 consecutive 50-win seasons, and 4 NBA les along the way. What a bunch of morons, the Spurs FO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs 2011-12 end of season roster......Spurs 2012-13 Current Roster
    Tim Duncan.......................................Tim Duncan
    Boris Diaw.........................................Boris Diaw
    Kawhi Leonard...................................Kawhi Leonard
    Danny Green.....................................Danny Green
    Tony Parker......................................Tony Parker
    Manu Ginobili.....................................Manu Ginobili
    Stephen Jackson...............................Stephen Jackson
    Gary Neal.........................................Gary Neal
    Tiago Splitter....................................Tiago Splitter
    Matt Bonner......................................Matt Bonner
    DeJuan Blair......................................DeJuan Blair
    James Anderson..............................Nando De Colo
    Patty Mills........................................Patty Mills
    Cory Joseph (Inactive).......................Cory Joseph

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers

Kobe ------ Kobe
    Pau ------ Pau
    Bynum ------ Dwight Howard
    Artest ------ Artest
    Sessions ---- Steve Nash

WC

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers

Kobe (33) ------ Kobe (34)
    Pau (31) ------ Pau (32)
    Bynum (24) ------ Dwight Howard (27)
    Artest (32 ------ Artest (33)
    Sessions (26) ---- Steve Nash (39)

WC
    Really, thats a of a lot of OLD to be counting on for starting roles with basically zip depth behind them...

It's also a lot of egos for Nash to keep happy with this distribution. ALL 4 other starters have pouted over # of shot attempts at one point or another of their careers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers

Kobe ------ Kobe
    Pau ------ Pau
    Bynum ------ Dwight Howard
    Artest ------ Artest
    Sessions ---- Steve Nash

WC
    Bynum will have to commit to re-signing with ORL first, and I doubt he will. Also, LAL can't give ORL much in the way of salary breaks. LAL doesn't make much sense for ORL as a trade partner.

I think it's far more likely that ORL waits until Jan 15 then takes Lopez and all that expiring salary from the NETS for D12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really, thats a of a lot of OLD to be counting on for starting roles with basically zip depth behind them...

It's also a lot of egos for Nash to keep happy with this distribution. ALL 4 other starters have pouted over # of shot attempts at one point or another of their careers.
    At least Payton and Malone didn't really care about FGAs. Not to mention the Spurs could have 3-peated if Fisher didn't roll a 20 on his 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear ya! The best they've been able to do is field teams that have set an NBA record with 15 consecutive 50-win seasons, and 4 NBA les along the way. What a bunch of morons, the Spurs FO.
    You forgot that the last two seasons they also happened to finish first in the Western Conference and either 1 or 2 in the whole league. And the last 50 game season was in a short 62 game season.

I don't see how the FO and Coaches can look at themselves in the mirror.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, how dare they not go after the big name FAs and trade young players for big names!

Thread Information